dwee's '09 ZRE152 ZR

dwee.

Cool!

Not sure what the problem is lol.

I'll just take a stab at it anyways. I'm assuming the pictured are front and rear coilovers... but the rear of our Corollas are independent (spring sits separate to shocks)

lol just a guess, most likely way off.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea a black rear badge with the levin ZR chrome badge did look weird for me for a while until i sprayed my AURIS badge black

Yeah, I was thinking that.. :blink:

it's all slowly coming together now, there's only probably a couple of things to do now, i just have another car lined up in a couple of months so im hoping that works out well :D

Did I hear something along the lines of new car? :yahoo:

I have the equipment here to cast the ZR Levin Badge, i was going to make carbon or matt black versions, with silver or red fill... Might get onto it if anyone's keen. Black badges look mean, i like!!

Wow, you serious Pete? Hmmm depends what it looks like, but if we can make black ZR badge, then nothing stopping me doing black toyota badges! :D

awesome stuff, how much did the BR coilovers set you back?

I can spot the problem,they won't fit that AE86 :P

Peter are they new? you either couldn't wait for me or you got them for a good price... :)

Yep, John they are new. Got them for $1200. Friends were organizing local group buy, Sorry John couldn't resist! :) Got a question for you though..look below :help:

Cool!

I'll just take a stab at it anyways. I'm assuming the pictured are front and rear coilovers... but the rear of our Corollas are independent (spring sits separate to shocks)

Yep, correct. <_< Guy ordered ZRE142 ('08+ altis). Knew straight away when I opened it because of rear piece. Went back the next day. Checking again, said ZRE152 didn't come in BR, only VA. Shocked because justjap had it. Talking to his contact, one solution was to keep the 142 BR fronts and get VA rears (BR fronts have 1kg higher spring rate than VA). I checked the mounting piece today with the car, seems like it will fit. Not 100% sure though. Was going to go see the guy again tmr, make it confirmed it will fit. Keep in mind, guy is really nice!

Anyway, got this in the mail today! :D (cars not included :P)

IMGP6039.jpg

IMGP6042.jpg

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

Alright, it's 100% confirmed that these won't fit. There are not BC coilovers in the BR Series that will fit Aussie ZRE, even though the Aust. BC site says so. :blink:

The Aust. BC sites says '08+ Corolla, but in fact it's ZRE142 C-24 (that is, Altis).

The only coilovers available for our ZRE is the V1 series, what Ray89 has. So just waiting for that to come now. :)

Engineer said you can try the BR fronts anyway, problem is due to the lower bracket.

Will let you guys know how it goes. :)

Peter.

EDIT: Have measured BR lower brackets opposed to stock = slightly smaller. :(

Edited by dwee.

Peter are they new? you either couldn't wait for me or you got them for a good price... :)

Yep, John they are new. Got them for $1200. Friends were organizing local group buy, Sorry John couldn't resist! :) Got a question for you though..look below :help:

Cool!

Yep, correct. <_< Guy ordered ZRE142 ('08+ altis). Knew straight away when I opened it because of rear piece. Went back the next day. Checking again, said ZRE152 didn't come in BR, only VA. Shocked because justjap had it. Talking to his contact, one solution was to keep the 142 BR fronts and get VA rears (BR fronts have 1kg higher spring rate than VA). I checked the mounting piece today with the car, seems like it will fit. Not 100% sure though. Was going to go see the guy again tmr, make it confirmed it will fit. Keep in mind, guy is really nice!

IMGP6039.jpg

IMGP6042.jpg

Peter.

*ahem, thanks to who? sif no gratitude lol

• 3 weeks later...

Nice stance Pete,well done...where are your black wheels & are they going back on?

Thanks Lee! They're in the shed while I'll play around with it. Might have to raise her up a tiny bit, due to the offset. :)

What dampening do you have on yours at the moment again Lee? Was it 16 or something rather on the fronts and a bit less on the rears? I know dampening is different between brands and car models, just good to know. Mine is on 10 from soft atm..might put it to 12 or 13.

Peter.

Nice stance Pete,well done...where are your black wheels & are they going back on?

Thanks Lee! They're in the shed while I'll play around with it. Might have to raise her up a tiny bit, due to the offset. :)

What dampening do you have on yours at the moment again Lee? Was it 16 or something rather on the fronts and a bit less on the rears? I know dampening is different between brands and car models, just good to know. Mine is on 10 from soft atm..might put it to 12 or 13.

Peter.

Hey Pete...from memory it's now 18 front & 14 rear,i suppose you would call this a medium setting. :)

Hey Pete...from memory it's now 18 front & 14 rear,i suppose you would call this a medium setting. :)

Ah cool. I was going to put it to 16 (half) straight away, but end up not. What was the reason you put it softer on the rear again? :unsure:

so sexy peter, meet up soon. i wanna feel the rideability and if its good my car will have new legs =]

No worries, meet up soon Tomeee. Still got one more exam! :)

Cool!

IMGP6039.jpg

IMGP6042.jpg

Peter.

Hey love the car at the moment it looks great! Quick question about your slim line weather sheilds. Do you have a part number at all, or where did you order them from. I went to a Toyota Parts dealership today the guy there looked at me like i was speaking another langauge. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

noice stance poida :D :D get ready to take on those turns on the great ocean road lol

Thanks Duy, soon mate, soon! :D

Less weight in the rear,so i'm guessing it dosn't need to be as stiff as the front,works ok for my boat. ;)

Fair enough, thanks Lee. I guess I usually carry passengers so keep it not too much of a difference? Say.. 14 fronts/12 rears. :D

Hey love the car at the moment it looks great! Quick question about your slim line weather sheilds. Do you have a part number at all, or where did you order them from. I went to a Toyota Parts dealership today the guy there looked at me like i was speaking another langauge. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks mate. I got mine from here, (JZSInternational). They are a bit pricey but genuine Toyota part from Japan (and fast too, took 4-5 days). I've been told that genuine Mitsubishi Evo slimlines are only $80!! <_<

You can get it from Castle Hill Toyota, heard it's about the same price, but because I didn't get it from here (AU dollar was good back then), I can't help you with the part number (I threw out my box/packaging already). You can PM 'juvenile', he would definitely be able to help you out. :)

Peter.

nice work pete! what happened to your rims?? coilovers make the stock wheels look tough.

ditto .....

should had the rims you'll be driving around when you lower it and for an alignment ;)

nice work pete! what happened to your rims?? coilovers make the stock wheels look tough.

Let the scraping begin :lol: better get those 17"s back on Peter..

Looks great now,can't wait for mine ;)

Pics with your black rims please,try and beat Tom to it :D

Thanks man. Stockies look so small now..lol

ditto .....

should had the rims you'll be driving around when you lower it and for an alignment ;)

Putting it on this Sunday as well as adjusting height. :)

Let the scraping begin :lol: better get those 17"s back on Peter..

Looks great now,can't wait for mine ;)

Pics with your black rims please,try and beat Tom to it :D

Scraping, yeah badly. Car is fairly low atm..:whistling: but for those that know my driveway, I can surprisingly still make it up and down, so it's okay (except for big speed humps LOL). Still how it is with my 17s and their offset..Got a feeling needs to be raised slightly. Can't wait for yours John, will make your car even more sexy than it is now! :yahoo:

Eventhough my car is low, look how much (more bada**) lower it can go!! :spiteful:

IMGP6052.jpg

indeed pete looking great and love the height :)

Thanks Cuong! How's the shoe search going? :P

gah, that means ur not coming to the recon run... GAY :angry:

LOL, doing it Sunday morning, rest of day got family function..zzZz told you ages ago I couldn't go! :P

Excellent :)

I had a quick search thru the post, what spring rates are you running and whats the ride like?

Don't know the spring rates, will have to get back to you. It should be either 6kg/4kg or 6kg/5kg (front/rear). It is a bit more bumpy, but at the same time it's kind of less bumpy due to the matching shocks, compared to stock shocks/king springs combo. Got it at 12 clicks (front) and 10 clicks (rear) from soft dampering at the moment.

I thought I had some free time today so I wanted to see how the current height goes with my other wheels & offset. Started putting one wheel on, then got called to go somewhere..didn't want to look like a retard with one black wheel, so quickly put stockies back on lol.

Anyhoo, it looked awesome; was sitting nicely, however, not sure if it's ideal. I.e. a big bump and wheel will hit the body? See how it goes on Sunday. :P

IMGP6055.jpg

IMGP6054.jpg

IMGP6053.jpg

Also, bought Castrol Edge 5w-30 for its 30,000km service. :toast:

Thanks for loooking!

Peter.