$700 AE102 corolla

hosking9898

Hey guys here is my new 1997 corolla that i picked up in penrith with a blown head gasket for $700, Was plan on getting my ae82 registered in the next couple of weeks, but saw this and couldn't let it go, ive had it for 2 weeks the head gasket is now fixed, thanks to my brother runs excellent,

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/p1710092119.jpg/

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/p171009211901.jpg/

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/p171009211902.jpg/

cheers ben

Edited by hosking9898

congrats on the new car Ben.

i think $700 is worth it from the look of it?

btw where did u get the deal from?

im looking for a cheap get around car ^_^

Cheers

D35

hey mate

thanks, my dad bought it off a coworker 2 weeks ago, and he was gonna fix it and flog it but i said that i would buy it off him, there not a scratch or dent on the car, im not sure bout any other cheap cars but im selling my ae82 now as i have this

cheers

Nice pickup for $700, which model is it?

Still prefer the 102 sedans over the hatches, but that's because I'm biased :P

What spec is it by the way? If it's an RV then you've hit the jackpot, they have the best interior by far (although doesn't look like it from the one blurry interior photo)

What a bargin well done :)

thanks mate

Nice pickup for $700, which model is it?

Still prefer the 102 sedans over the hatches, but that's because I'm biased :P

What spec is it by the way? If it's an RV then you've hit the jackpot, they have the best interior by far (although doesn't look like it from the one blurry interior photo)

its the csi i think, its got a 7afe with extractors and 2 1/4: sports exhaust, it sounds really good, interior is really clean, 3 days before the headgasket blew, the previous owner put 4 brand new tyres on it so it was an excellent buy

its the csi i think, its got a 7afe with extractors and 2 1/4: sports exhaust, it sounds really good, interior is really clean, 3 days before the headgasket blew, the previous owner put 4 brand new tyres on it so it was an excellent buy

Won't be a CSi if it's got the 7A, only Conquest and up had the 1.8 whilst the CSi was stuck with the 4AFE (and rear drum brakes too, easy way to tell).

looks like a good deal, how much roughly would it cost to fix a blown headgasket? i know you said your brother did it but thought you might know, ive already searched the forum and couldnt find an answer so ill be posting this question in the camry section as well.

looks like a good deal, how much roughly would it cost to fix a blown headgasket? i know you said your brother did it but thought you might know, ive already searched the forum and couldnt find an answer so ill be posting this question in the camry section as well.

hey mate we got the parts at trade price and we did the labour ourself it only cost us $120 all together, but if you cant do it your self and cant get the parts at trade price it could cost you alot

cheers

new pics

P181009_1723_01.jpg

P181009_1723.jpg

that needs a cleanout...btw whats with the long red cable attatched to the battery?

dam...my mechanic said it wasnt possible to get extractors for my engine unless they were custom made NOT HAPPY!!!...im jealous hahah

Edited by Armstrong

new pics

P181009_1723_01.jpg

P181009_1723.jpg

that needs a cleanout...btw whats with the long red cable attatched to the battery?

dam...my mechanic said it wasnt possible to get extractors for my engine unless they were custom made NOT HAPPY!!!...im jealous hahah

hey

its a power cable for my amp, what needs a clean out

cheers ben

Those aren't extractors, just what the normal manifold looks like if you take the heatshield off.

And I'm glad I've got extractors :P

• 3 weeks later...
why not purchase a 20V. You'll be more happy with that then a boring 7A-FE :D

it doesnt phase me atm as im only 16 almost 17, but when i get my p's i have my corolla for weekends and my 2006 4.0L hilux manual for during the week for work, thats got a fair bit of power haha

• 1 month later...

bought a new set of wheels today $450 with lock nuts from this shop in lansvale, 17" 205 wide,

P151209_2009_01.jpg

P151209_2012.jpg

also purchased new clutch and motor today which will be going in after christmas, had soem fun with the old motor and wheels

th_V121209_2022.jpg

plans for it,

motor soon

rego in february

then exhaust

bodykit

then hopefully a 4age 20valve conversion in september

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow...great that your really getting into changing it.

When are you planning on turning up to these club meets lol

thanks man, when i get my p's i'll come only 3 months now

cars all up and running runs perfect goes for a blueslip on monday cant wait, the old springs are going in tonight and after rego i have my kings waiting to go in, and sports exhaust

cheers

42687249.jpg