Tow Bar for ZZE123

whitestivo

I need a tow bar for the stivo.

I've been quoted $435 fitted for genuine toyota, about $50 less for non genuine.

Anyone had any experience with these items or price? Are there other alternatives?

What is most common, 7 point round plug or 7 point square plug?

whitestivo

what you towing phil? unless your just hooking the wheelie bin onto it and towin it up the driveway, the epic touque curve of the corolla is going to have a bit of trouble. i mean its no Rcolt, your max touque i develop at 2000rpm lol. i think i might invest in a tow bar too just to be safe, someone needs to trailer your car home next time we're at the track after i smoke it :P

Edited by ELEGNT

ha, nice one, i reckon i could tow a boat and that hole between 1st and 2nd they all talk about in the r colt, i'd be gone.

it's to put some road bikes on the back as it's getting to much trouble to put them in the car all the time, and it's scratching up the interior too much

Now I have three road bikes, just ain't fitting no more

whitestivo

• 1 month later...
ha, nice one, i reckon i could tow a boat and that hole between 1st and 2nd they all talk about in the r colt, i'd be gone.

it's to put some road bikes on the back as it's getting to much trouble to put them in the car all the time, and it's scratching up the interior too much

whitestivo

Now, this is a few months old, but i have been searching for a a New Towbar for my Corolla, for basically the same reason as whitestivo's.

quoted from Toyota $345 brand New... thats not including installation.

Would Ebay be the best place to go? Ebay price is $190

Or perhaps the Wreckers??? Second hand Towbar? Would that matter?

Thanks guys :D

Evo

• 2 weeks later...

whitestivo

i got mine fitted at Aranda for $290 - its a TAG one. looks nice and tongue can be removed when not in use. about 1 month ago.

T Money, thank you very much.

whitestivo

For you the world mate!

it'll slow you down....and you will be ahppy to know that a stivo can tow a boat easy! i tow mine most weekends....all 750kg of unbraked goodness :P