Toyota Hilux

xcess

Just thought I'd start this thread seeing as there's not a soul who has mentioned the mighty hilux!!!

What's everyone think of the new one? I think it looks sweet..

Anyways where are the hilux owners at? I mean come on people u see them dumped on the ground dragging their asses on big chromes all over the place...

I think the new shape looks good in 4WD but not so good in 2WD, the front overhang is very long and looks a bit weird when it's closer to the ground, But lift it up and put a set of 36's under those wheel arches and it looks tonka tough!

i drove the older 2.7EFI one for work, its a single cab 2WD.

its called a workmate i think...

all i can say is... it drives like a car, and is real easy to put sideways!! :D

haha~ (esp in the rain!)

:lol:

we used to have the previous model..

now...we have the new VVT-i 2.7 hilux.

alot better than the old one....the old one was so rough..

the new one is a lto more refined...looks a bit....so so..coz of all the plastic bits on the front..

goes a little bit better too..

the new one is a lto more refined...looks a bit....so so..coz of all the plastic bits on the front..

Yeah I gotta agree mate, its not as workman as it was before eh? Kind of reminds me of that nissan navara thing, i cant remember wat u call it, but yeh its plastic everywhere wit the big alloy roll bar thing that wouldnt really do anything anyway... looks just like a meaner honda cr-v aha...

• 1 month later...
i drove the older 2.7EFI one for work, its a single cab 2WD.

its called a workmate i think...

all i can say is... it drives like a car, and is real easy to put sideways!! :D

haha~ (esp in the rain!)

:lol:

Used have a 2.0 litre (18R engine) 'lux - that would go side ways in the wet too, but struggled on the slightest grade!

Try the 4.0 V6, or the new TD (if you tow). That'll make ya rethink the 2.7L performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi

I run a 2.5 td 102bhp in the uk fab truck i love it but can any one help me i see from a new zealand spec brochure i have the rear window in the crew cab has a sliding opening

can any one help me with part numbers for the whole assembly inc seals exc so i can fit one to my uk car

thanks

matt

• 7 months later...

hey! i just got my '06 lux SR a couple of months ago. damn nice car and pleny of balls. (4.0L v6)

most commo's cant keep up with it and drifts quite well hehe.

anyway soon mods will start.

Stereo first (4kw and 6 subs inside the single cab)

the airbrushing and paint.

then wheels n suspention and other goodies.

here is is the day i picked it up

0712061834rl5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We got our SR5 diesel a couple of months ago. Lucked in and our car was delivered with the engine and spec upgrade that happened around Sept 06 (a little more power, and some more 'bits and pieces').

Hilux.jpg

Tonneau.jpg

I hadn't realised though, that a Hilux is more of a kit car than the usual factory offerings. As soon as we took delivery,we started changing things. Seats were the first.....

Recaro_3.jpg

Since then, we've had a second battery installed. Hella spotlights. It's going in today for installation of a combined navigation and sound system, as well as UHF CB. Long range fuel tank next week. Canopy in a couple of months. And then it will be off for a drive to northwest oz.

Edited by jb747

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Attached is my hilux, i have been trying to find a decent forum for mini trucks and lowriders im really interested in engine mods. Mines a 2005 SR hilux with 20" Bazo wheels (which have started to corrode) I bought it how it is, its lowered 7cm at the back and 4 at the front.

post-2781-1173649278_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey

i hav a single cab tray 99...... its nice i enjoy it.. more on wet days... im lookin at moding it...... i only got a 3.5 pod and cold air induction so far........ im thinkin of extracters and 2.5-3" exhaust as stupid p plater rules won t let me turbo it........

know of any other ways of doin it up?

ken

• 1 month later...

Ok, so my Dad has an 07 work mate 4x2 V6 petrol, it's awesome, drives and feels like a car, and sits at 140 - 150 kph quite comfortably.

My brother has a 07 SR5 4x4 dual cab V6 petrol, It too is great on the road, and has no prob off road too...

I've just bought myself a brand new SR 4x4 V6 petrol dual cab... I haven't driven it, nor taken delivery of it yet (7 jan 08) but I expect it to be equally good too...

In short, I love them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i got a stock 1984 model hilux....now its getting a vn 5 speed manual series 2 slammed in,,set of 20 inch dished rims,hilux surf front end and gaurds..and painted matte blak with purple flames.....and obviously the thing will nearly be draggin on the ground..

Edited by MY.38.LX

• 1 month later...

Love the new Lux! I've got a '92 model and it just keeps on truckin. I'm in the market for a new car and have decided on the SR Single Cab pickup v6. However I have a question nobody seems to be able to answer?

WHAT IS THE 0-100KM/HR TIME?

I've owned a few sports cars (last one was Honda S2000) and 175kW of power is pretty decent in fact on par with the s2000! I realize that its not a sports car and is geared differently (in more ways than one) but it seems to have a tonne of potential. The TRD concept SR5 is supercharged and pulls sub 7.5secs, however that is the large heavy 4x4 dualcab. Surely the lighter single cab could do sub 6.5secs with the right mods? I'm interested to know if anyone has any thoughts or knowledge on the matter? I'm not a rev head but it'd be nice to shut down some of these posers in their Holden & Ford utes!

PS: I find it hilarious that people seem to be selling used Hilux's for more than new dealer costs! Check out Carpoint, am I missing something here?