Toyota Hilux

xcess

This topic might be a bit dead now, but i thought i would post here, as i only own a 2000 Dual Cab 4x2 Hilux.

First car ( :yahoo: ), brought about two months ago. haven't done any upgrades to it as of yet, but am trying to find a nice chrome grill for it.

I have upgraded the Tape Deck to a nice Pioneer CD player. I have also upgraded the front speakers with 2 x 200W Pioneer 6" Speakers. I have another set of these for the rear, but i am unable to put these in, as i am missing the rubber boots from the inside of the doors to protect the cables. Anyone have any idea where I am able to get 2 of these (Genuine Toyota)?

Whilst putting the rear speakers in, i will be fitting the car with remote central locking for ease of use....

I have attached a picture of what it looked liked when I picked it up from the Dealer.

Happy Cruising!

post-7997-1208094065_thumb.jpg

Edited by bass_hilux00

• 2 weeks later...

i drive an older hilux in the bush for work and its a piece of **** for doing any 4WDing on stock tyres and rims but would love work if they bought the new trd hilux :yahoo: that would be rather fun :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys & girls,

I've got a couple of questions for you.

I own a 99 4WD Toyota Hilux 2.7Ltr SR5 and have owned it for 4 years and it currently has 220 000 ks on it and still going strong , My wife and I love it and couldn't ask for a better car.

Right now for the questions.

I have been thinking of getting some extractors\headers for my car and have found Hurricane headers. The person I spoke to also advised to replace the muffler for a more free flowing one. All up it is going to cost $600 which sounds pretty good to me. Has anyone had this done to there Hilux and if so was there a difference in power and fuel consumption. Good or Bad?

The other question is about engine oil. I have been running 10\30 Nullon engine oil for a while now and have found it to be really good. I have tried 10\40 a number of time also but found that the car didnt like it to much. Is 10\30 the recommended oil? and what are YOU people out there in FORUM WORLD using in their Toyota Hilux's?

Thks B) :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all.

New to this forum.

I have two Toyotas. A 2008 Hilux 4x4 S/C 3.0lt Turbo Diesel and a RAV4 2005 model.

Love em both to death "Oh what a feeling"

I traded a 1998 3.0lt diesel Hilux after having it for 10 years. Apart from new tyres, just normal servicing was done on it.

post-16337-1258310351_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

G'day peoples,

Time for another resurrection in this hilux forum.

I am new to this site and I just recently got a 97 hilux 3L diesel dual cab. T'was stock except from bullbar/towbar/uhf/spotties/etc.

1st stage of stereo system has been finished(for now) next stage is to get a slight bit more under the bonnet.

As I am on a bit tight on coin I want to get power(mainly keeping revs on hills,dunes, etc) on a budget. Heard about hi-clones but also want to speak to anyone who has installed them and if they were worth the money.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would like to here them.

Cheers,

Chad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah well another Hilux owner here, got the '06 Extra cab V6 Auto 2WD ute, goes like stink for a stock ute. Colour is White and has covered 130 000kms

What I know so far

Fuel Economy highway: 10km per liter, very suprised at this but seems repeatable anytime I try it

Around town economy: 7 - 8km per liter

Power: dyno'd at 173Hp at the wheels - very good

0-100 times: Impossible to get any real figure, if you boot it from a standing start it will spin the first 2 gears before hooking up everytime, very quick, will whip a stock BF turbo Falcon up to 80kmh, definitely going to add more Hp right away tho.

Comfortable enough for a Hilux, drives very well, very scary braking in the wet on the stock rubber - DANGEROUS/no ABS on this model.

Well built and problem free so far as problems go, motor is just as "ticky" as most 1GRFEs are, not the quietest at idle but near silent in the cabin at almost any speed.

Mods to come:

Maybe wheels and tyres upgrade to something pretty cool

Engine mods, lots of these, this motor is ripe for sweet upgrades that work within the limits of the open deck engine block (not super strong)

Maybe some graphics too.

Edited by Tradewind

• 8 months later...

Anyone got any advice on upgrading the exhaust on a 1999 2.7L petrol hilux 4x4?

Got a hole in my muffler so figured I'd do the catback 2.5" exhaust and new muffler, but now I'm rethinking it for new extractors and 2.5" pipe with a new hi-flow muffler. Also would the smaller baffle-looking section be a cat or a resonator? My mechanic seemed to think it was only a resonator, and no cat was present on the stock exhaust system.

rooster.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys just got 06 hilux v6 4.0 litre twin cab this is my first hilux I love it goes great very quite and great power when you put your foot down I want to raise it up a little what size wheels should I get to do this? cheers guys.

post-22011-0-93183600-1290765733_thumb.j

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Looking putting a lift kit in my 09 SR5 can anyone recommend anything

Hey bud

Nice choice of ute, mines an 06 - been there and done it - so the results?

Unfortunately for our model hilux's with its not so fancy IFS, lifting becomes more difficult than it was with its solid axle predecessors. There are plenty of companies offering sized lift kits - the higher you go - the more it costs, simply because there are more components that need replacing to be able to handle the vastly changed steering and suspension geometry. As far as lifting goes, 50mm or 2 inch is as high as you can go legally - and is as high as tyre/suspension places like fulcrum or goodyear will give you. To go higher, companies like snake racing, monster rides or superior engineering are the way to go.

On mine, I opted for the 3 inch lift (technically 3 in the front and 2.5 in the back to make it level) any higher and your factory components such as control arms and sway bar / sway bar mounts will have to be changed. 4 inch lifts are available - but put your factory components at their limit, meaning you simply won't get any benefit other an inch of ground clearance out of your suspension, more often than not that extra ground clearance is useless without that articulation you can get out of your suspension with a 3 inch lift. There is a 5 inch lift available but is crazy expensive - and in my view not worth the money.

3 inch lift will allow you to run 31 inch tyres (or 265x75) without scrubbing on guards or control arms - however this can be improved to 32 inch or 275's tyre with the addition or some blocks to lift the body (any body lift for them is illegal as it changes the geometry of the airbags) and some after market UCA's. With a 3 inch lift - you probably won't get enough castor adjustment to have the wheels properly aligned and thus may experience vibration through the car - luckily there aftermarket UCA's available to fix this - the cheapest Iv found so far are $880 shipped from tufflux.

Hope this helps, any questions just holla

K_san

Should also add...aftermarket upper control arms are not only expensive to buy but are also illegal - should the ute be put over the pits it'll probably be one of the first things looked at and defected.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys & girls,

I own a 99 4WD Toyota Hilux 2.7Ltr SR5 and have owned it for 4 years and it currently has 220 000 ks on it and still going strong , My wife and I love it and couldn't ask for a better car.

I have been thinking of getting some extractors\headers for my car and have found Hurricane headers. The person I spoke to also advised to replace the muffler for a more free flowing one. All up it is going to cost $600 which sounds pretty good to me. Has anyone had this done to there Hilux and if so was there a difference in power and fuel consumption. Good or Bad?

The other question is about engine oil. I have been running 10\30 Nullon engine oil for a while now and have found it to be really good. I have tried 10\40 a number of time also but found that the car didnt like it to much. Is 10\30 the recommended oil? and what are YOU people out there in FORUM WORLD using in their Toyota Hilux's?

Hi guys & girls,

I also have a question i have a 1999 sr5 2.7ltr hilux to and was wondering what fuel economy you get or anyone with the same hilux, im havin fuel problem im gettin only 300kms to a tank, so like 20ish ltrs to 100 kms. Please help....

• 5 years later...