2007 toyota camry LE

private number

Hey fellas, thought id finally intro myself here on the forums

As by the title, this is my 2007 toyota camry LE

2lt3r4.jpg

bone stock, august 2009.

Current mods

- 35% tint

- replaced LE grille to a black mesh grille (similar to that on the SE models)

- 19x8.5 PDW rims, offset +45

- Blue LED parkers

Except for that, currently stock, but upcoming mods are as follows;

- 19 inch wheels (considering PDW c-16 black. will be purchased in the next couple of weeks)

- Dropped, possible 1.5 - 2 inchs (will decide once i got the wheels on. again, will purchase in the next couple of weeks)

- Blue parkers

- Aftermarket Foglights

- 5 to 6k HIDs (havnt decided)

- Front and back Lip kits and rear lip spoiler

- near complete LED interior conversion (smoked tailights?)

- CAI installation, or if not, K&N air filter

- Sports exhaust

- number plates changed to white and black slimlines.

Mods im still considering;

- Amp and subby install in rear boot. probably one of the very last mods.

p8260030.jpg

installed front mesh grille in black, start of september 2009.

Hope to share ideas and crits with you guys out there, so far you all have been really helpeful. Special mentions to DJKOR for his help so far.

Private_number

Edited by private number

Cheers mate, and i 100% agree with you

Here are this weeks efforts, finally started hitting the mod list;

95ydj4.jpg

19x8.5 +45 PDW wheels. now to dump her about 3 fingers front and back.

29wlp2v.jpg

installed blue LED parkers.

Also whilst changing the parkers, discovered some wires, i assume they are the ones for the fog lights? Ill post up pics of it in a sec.

Edited by private number

14j9orb.jpg

Looking through the left wheel well whilst the guards have been pulled back. The wires is the one circled red.

fq9at.jpg

Closer view, the area that is circled blue is the left foglight housing.

can anyone confirm that these are infact the wires which are for the foglights as there has been much speculation whether or not the gen 6 LE camrys (atleast the 07 models) are pre wired for foglights

thanks

Private

Edited by private number

14j9orb.jpg

Looking through the left wheel well whilst the guards have been pulled back. The wires is the one circled red.

fq9at.jpg

Closer view, the area that is circled blue is the left foglight housing.

can anyone confirm that these are infact the wires which are for the foglights as there has been much speculation whether or not the gen 6 LE camrys (atleast the 07 models) are pre wired for foglights

thanks

Private

it looks like it is pre-wired and ready to be plugged and play... any thoughts from anyone else??

camry owners with foggies... can anyone advise the exact bulb type for fog lamps?

• 2 months later...

Tinz, they are h11 bulbs that fit into the foglights.

Alright, thought id bring back my old thread. since the 1st post ive;

- lowered her 35mm with kingsprings all round

- installed footwell neons

- aftermarket headunit

- mounted aftermarket foglights, though i have not wired them yet as im sourcing a switch that will go in the dash blank as the one the was supplied did not fit. so its a work in progress that one.

soon, ill have exhaust and audio upgrades done.

Here are some pics

j60w47.jpg

interior

14xdzk3.jpg

255kyfs.jpg

first attempt of using an SLR cam

Edited by private number

Cheers man, ill post up pics when i get my front tyre fixed. Copped a screw into one of my tyres :( Thought originally i had a tyre leak when i checked tyre pressures wednesday morning (this particular tyre was at 29 PSI) but while i was fitting my white mudgaurds on, i saw the screw wedged on the side of the tyre.

Good to see this Camry coming along nicely. Show those US folk that we down under can have great looking Camry's as well. Keep up with the good modding.

Copped a screw into one of my tyres :(

Boy I hate when that happens. It's one of that unfortunate things of life though.

Finally got around to painting some of the covers in the engine bay and the mudflaps which have been doing my head in for awhile. originally the covers were blue, but i didnt like it so i changed it to white.

153mzr5.jpg

11lio89.jpg

2a62ohy.jpg

11cbjvl.jpg

As requested, got a couple of daytime pics of the drop. Im happy with the drop at the back, but at the front..not so happy there.

2nhjcde.jpg

another pic from the photoshoot.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunatly I cannot view the pic's here at work.

Will look at home on Thursday.

My 2006 Gen 6 Sept build has a square section on the lower right dash panel, which is where I will put my spottie switch.

My sister in law has the sportivo Gen 6 and the spottie switch is on the headlight switch stalk so that will be a big job to swap out I think.

I went to an auto elec and he will charge me $120 to fit and wire up my fog lamps.

I bought mine from the US for around $70.00 Aud and it was also 70 for the shipping.

Came with the 55 watt globes, all wiring, relay, switch and plastic surrounds.

Unfortunatly one of the clips was broken but good old two pak Araldite fixwd that.

I also bought some 100 Xenon globes for it for around $20 aud delivered.

Not sure if I can run them, may be to hot?

Will ask the electrician when I can spare the cash to do it

Spied

Hey Private...looking great man,love the white calipers,were they a beeatch to do and mate if you don't mind can you post a close up pic of your caliper artwork,maybe a front on. :)

Cheers

Lee

Cheers for your comments guys.

Spider; Make sure the switch they supplied you in the kit fits the blank in the dash. My one doesnt and im still currently trying to find a switch that does which is why i havnt wired up my foglights yet.

1stkill; yeah sure ill get around to it after my sleep (been awake since 5.30am)

If you measure the dimensions and pop into a Jaycar shop, you may do okay.

They have some pretty cool switches there too.

Depends on if he wants a factory looking solution or an aftermarket looking solution. Unfortunately Jaycar can only cater for the former.