Smashing HSV's

TRD588

I had a XR6T BF, 6 speed auto which they call ZF6. It was indeed very fast off the line. I tested 0-100 and it gave me 5.6 seconds. No modifications at all. When the turbo kicks in, there is no stopping.

I would say, stock TRD has no chance against stock XR6T off the line. TRD might catch up at high speeds.

TRD has a very good chance against the turbo if we do a rolling start.

I have never tested my theory or opinion. When i had the TTTT, never came across any TRD. Now i have a TRD and hasn't been given a bad look by a TTTT yet :)

cool, have you tested your TRD 0-100?

In theory it says 6.1. I haven't tested it though. The main problem is traction and wheel spin at standing start :(

yeh, im thinking fatter, softer rubber might help...

above all , why does it matter in a straight line? how stupid can you be to assume your **** hot because you beat some guy off the lights...

I somewhat agree. But I can emphasise with the notion that you line up against someone at some lights and cross swords (lol) testing if your car wang is bigger than the next guy's... At that particular time all that matters is who can launch the fastest.

Choosing a TRD Aurion over other options at the same price range probably wasn't the smartest idea if you want to smoke other cars that are of the current generation and in the same category because it simply isnt as fast. (I think I said that as nice as possible)

Ok lets set this straight, I did not buy my TRD Aurion to 'smash' guys off the lights etc yadda yadda... thats what my modded MY06 WRX was for...

I bought my TRD coz it was an all round good vehicle, power, speed, luxury....

When I wrote this post, I was stoked coz this 5.7 LS1 gave me an honest run, fanged it twice, every opportunity to kick my *****, I mean he had work done to it too, exhaust etc...

My TRD is stock as they come, and he couldnt catch me...

so yeh, I was stoked!!!

It was a statement, not a challenge, but im up for a run any day...

you can take a car from a driver, but you cant take a driver from his car.....

Till my 12 points decease...

TRD fo life...

love my TRD!!!

Ok lets set this straight, I did not buy my TRD Aurion to 'smash' guys off the lights etc yadda yadda... thats what my modded MY06 WRX was for...

When I wrote this post, I was stoked coz this 5.7 LS1 gave me an honest run, fanged it twice, every opportunity to kick my *****, I mean he had work done to it too, exhaust etc...

so yeh, I was stoked!!!

TRD fo life...

love my TRD!!!

I am truly jealous of your car! You seem to appreciate the TRD for what it is and no one can take that away from you.

Enjoy it and look after it.. or enjoy it and trash the ***** out of it and run it into the ground..... after all, it is your car :D.

so yeh, I was stoked!!!

TRD fo life...

love my TRD!!!

I am truly jealous of your car! You seem to appreciate the TRD for what it is and no one can take that away from you.

Enjoy it and look after it.. or enjoy it and trash the ***** out of it and run it into the ground..... after all, it is your car :D.

WORD!

• 5 weeks later...
Hey There,

Just thought id share this...

I am loving my '08 TRD...

had the pleasure of smashing a 5.7ltr HSV 250+KW LS1, not once but twice before dawn yesterday morning...

First run was of the lights and down a straight, I had him pinned for 300mtrs n he was at least 2 car lengths behind me, dint even use sports shift, could hear his cams scream as my blower kept whinning and pulling away from him... he backed off at 130km/hr... B)

Praying for a red light, we got one, both turning right into a big sweeping bend on to the freeway! Yes! better still, im in the inside lane...

Green light Go!

I dart ahead, he slips behind me, road straightens up, we both press metal on metal, he darts into the left lane (thinking that he needed it.. lol!) but to his suprise my Supercharger whines away and I pull way in front, by the time I hit 4th gear, I was doing 160kph and about 4 car legnths in front with my TRD just loving the petrol and powering ahead... LS1 backed off... Adrenaline pumping... so proud of my TRD, oh yeh @ full boost when changing gear @ 155km/hr, wheels spin going from 3rd to 4th... f*cking phenominal... :lol:

I knew TRD's were good, but this just blew me away...

PS: if you are from a law enforcing agency, this story is fictional... if your a toyota owner or better yet a TRD owner, you know what really happened ;)

lovin it... TRD588

You're a **** idiot. Two reasons immediately come to mind:

1) You're speeding. You're a *****. Don't **** speed. I'm sick of idiots like you that tar other car enthusiasts with a brush. Get a helmet, a cams license and go to the Drag Strip or Eastern Creek for ******s sake.

2) You beat a stock LS1. That's amazing. I had no idea they could be beaten. Are you seriously proud of that? They come on strong with simple modifications, however it was in no way the greatest motor delivered by a factory. It wilters in comparison to their current HSV line up.

Edited by RXSeven

As above + you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of beating a BA+ XR6t if you actually went for a REAL drag (not light to light rubbish). Added displacement + excellent engine + boost = absolutely killer. They also handle reasonably well for a larger car.

I disagree about the handling part. I previously owned BF XR6T. Amazing car indeed but at the corners i would feel that i am gonna lose control. TRD is way better in handling than XR6T.... FULL STOP.

Secondly, in a real drag race TRD would beat a stock XR6T. TRD and XR6T have same power at the engine but TRD has the advantage of weight as it is around 350KG less than XR6T. T will launch better as its is rare wheel drive but TRD would ultimately get it. Its not a theory. I am willing to go against any stock BA/BF xr6T on a drag strip..... (BTW i was talking about 2005-2007 XR6T. New Ts have more power and torque)

Edited by TRD 555

I disagree about the handling part. I previously owned BF XR6T. Amazing car indeed but at the corners i would feel that i am gonna lose control. TRD is way better in handling than XR6T.... FULL STOP.

If YOU feel like YOU'RE going to lose control.... then maybe it's not the car at fault.

Secondly, in a real drag race TRD would beat a stock XR6T. TRD and XR6T have same power at the engine but TRD has the advantage of weight as it is around 350KG less than XR6T. T will launch better as its is rare wheel drive but TRD would ultimately get it. Its not a theory. I am willing to go against any stock BA/BF xr6T on a drag strip..... (BTW i was talking about 2005-2007 XR6T. New Ts have more power and torque)

I would pay to see that.

If YOU feel like YOU'RE going to lose control.... then maybe it's not the car at fault.

I would pay to see that.

I had the T for 6 months and did over 10,000 in it and TRD for 9 months now and already touching 27000 since i got it. I believe a driver has better opinion than a third person.

Wish you had a T :)

Edited by TRD 555

I had the T for 6 months and did over 10,000 in it and TRD for 9 months now and already touching 27000 since i got it. I believe a driver has better opinion than a third person.

A drivers' opinion only reflects the abilities of the driver themselves.

And by the way, I would say the BA XR6T handles quite well if driven properly... and this is from experience. It may not be many thousands of kilometres of experience, but it's enough to make a judgment. It's about driving the car and not letting the car drive you.

i beat /was on par with a mates stock ba xr6t but he had a passenger, rolling up to like 130 or so. and colt is the same fast as my aurion, and trd's are faster than my aurion so yes a stock trd WOULD beat a stock xr6t (BA,BF) but not if it had mods.

and a xr6t handes quite good it suprised me, would be on par with sportivo.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX A BIT, everyone on this forum has street raced so get off his back guys, but TRD555 i know you just want to let everyone know that your cars fast you like it etc but you dont need to brag about racing really unless u do it from the strip.

and daryl im sure you would have alot more trouble doing nebo as fast in a 6T mate, its just how the car is, rear drive and LSD + more power + power not linier + a bit harder to stear. not 100% driver

Edited by ELEGNT

i beat was on par with a mates stock ba xr6t but he had a passenger, rolling up to like 130 or so. and colt is the same fast as my aurion, and trd's are faster than my aurion so yes a stock trd WOULD beat a stock xr6t (BA,BF) but not if it had mods.

and a xr6t handes quite good it suprised me, would be on par with sportivo.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX A BIT, everyone on this forum has street raced so get off his back guys, but TRD555 i know you just want to let everyone know that your cars fast you like it etc but you dont need to brag about racing really unless u do it from the strip.

and daryl im sure you would have alot more trouble doing nebo as fast in a 6T mate, its just how the car is, rear drive and LSD + more power + power not linier + a bit harder to stear. not 100% driver

haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm not a mod or anything but I just want to share my opinion..

I don't think car forums should be used to gloat about some bogan you beat down some freeway, street racing is not only illegal its completely stupid, I've lost a really close friend to a street race, his car got wrapped around a tree so just think next time you post something stupid. :angry:

Other forums I'm a member of, members would usually get flammed for posting about some street folly they've had..

I'm not saying Motorsports is stupid, coz I absolutly love it to bits.. I'm just saying noobs such as yourself that get behind of a wheel of a brand new car and go out looking for first thing to crash it into..

By the way, congratulations on beating the same car my mother drives........... <_<

I don't think car forums should be used to gloat about some bogan you beat down some freeway, street racing is not only illegal its completely stupid, I've lost a really close friend to a street race, his car got wrapped around a tree so just think next time you post something stupid. :angry:

Other forums I'm a member of, members would usually get flammed for posting about some street folly they've had..

I'm not saying Motorsports is stupid, coz I absolutly love it to bits.. I'm just saying noobs such as yourself that get behind of a wheel of a brand new car and go out looking for first thing to crash it into..

Quoted For Truth - normally this forum cracks down on postings referring to illegal street racing or stupid behaviour etc, this topic seems to have slipped through because of the discussion about how stupid it is that formed when the dust cloud settled

Quoted For Truth - normally this forum cracks down on postings referring to illegal street racing or stupid behaviour etc, this topic seems to have slipped through because of the discussion about how stupid it is that formed when the dust cloud settled

Thanks for making that clear Hiro :)

guys guys guys guys guys ..... all this talk of v8's, turboed 6's, supercharged 6's, over 5L etc etc etc all i can say is its all a waste of petrol, waste of displacement and waste of cylinders ....... y bother with all that when u can do better with simply 4 and in less than 2L's ...... how do i know u ask ?????

here's da proof in the video clip below (flame suit on ;) ;) ;) )

Now enough of this street racing BS and keep it on the track and keep it legal.

n.b. Now waits for Northy to show up n lay down a challenge ;) ;) ;)

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

guys guys guys guys guys ..... all this talk of v8's, turboed 6's, supercharged 6's, over 5L etc etc etc all i can say is its all a waste of petrol, waste of displacement and waste of cylinders ....... y bother with all that when u can do better with simply 4 and in less than 2L's ...... how do i know u ask ?????

here's da proof in the video clip below (flame suit on ;) ;) ;) )

Now enough of this street racing BS and keep it on the track and keep it legal.

n.b. Now waits for Northy to show up n lay down a challenge ;) ;) ;)

I love it!!! But the resale (or ROI) value isnt there, but you do get the satisfaction of working a car into a rocket. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk about straightline drag....who cares....corners are where its at!

:P

Personally though I would take an SS over a TRD Aurion anyday....why because mainly because its RWD and comes in a manual.

What Toyota should of done with the Aurion and TRD Models is made them RWD come in a manual with the TRD they should of taken the V8 from Japan and also have a V6 supercharged version as well that would of given FPV/HSV a run for their Money.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Please send your CV to Toyota :wub:

Toyota should have just bought the MarkX here instead.

:lol: Pitty they will never do it because of Lexus.

I reckon the JXZ90/100 would of sold pretty well here too.

• 2 weeks later...

wow

i thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread lol.

not because of the illegal stupidness that happens on our roads, but just overall....enjoyed reading it with all the ifs, buts, thens, and hows.

wow

i thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread lol.

not because of the illegal stupidness that happens on our roads, but just overall....enjoyed reading it with all the ifs, buts, thens, and hows.

M glad it put a smile on someone's face..... cheers :)

Assuming that your the same person that posted this thread to start with?

I see you've created a new account were your display name is Bye_Bye_TRD

also your Toyota Model is : (

lol what you do? all that thrashing and you've finally broke it, people that butcher their cars like that don't deserve them, specially a nice one like that :lol:

Sorry but I can only laugh at that kind of misfortune