Smashing HSV's

TRD588

Assuming that your the same person that posted this thread to start with?

I see you've created a new account were your display name is Bye_Bye_TRD

also your Toyota Model is : (

lol what you do? all that thrashing and you've finally broke it, people that butcher their cars like that don't deserve them, specially a nice one like that :lol:

Sorry but I can only laugh at that kind of misfortune

Actually, it's the same account. You can change your username though "My Controls" you know. As well, he has sold the TRD per family commitments at the time.

Still agree on all previous statements though.

First run was of the lights and down a straight, I had him pinned for 300mtrs n he was at least 2 car lengths behind me, dint even use sports shift, could hear his cam scream as my blower kept whinning and pulling away from him... he backed off at 130km/hr... B)

Fixed.

Though I'm curious, what a cam sounds like?... Can't say I've heard mine screaming?! (I drive an LS1)

Edited by danja

wow

i thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread lol.

not because of the illegal stupidness that happens on our roads, but just overall....enjoyed reading it with all the ifs, buts, thens, and hows.

M glad it put a smile on someone's face..... cheers :)

Assuming that your the same person that posted this thread to start with?

I see you've created a new account were your display name is Bye_Bye_TRD

also your Toyota Model is : (

lol what you do? all that thrashing and you've finally broke it, people that butcher their cars like that don't deserve them, specially a nice one like that :lol:

Sorry but I can only laugh at that kind of misfortune

First of all i didn't start the thread. Though i was supporting it bcz of my LOVE for TRD. Secondly, i would never ever butcher my love. Had to sell it due to some personal reasons but will get her back soon. :)

Edited by Bye Bye TRD

First of all i didn't start the thread. Though i was supporting it bcz of my LOVE for TRD. Secondly, i would never ever butcher my love. Had to sell it due to some personal reasons but will get her back soon. :)

hopefully u can find one, cuz they are like dead flies everywhere.

what a classic, the one and only trd aurion model, would be a great collectors.

if one were to keep one in prestine condition and with low kms, it should fetch lots of goodwill on that car. heaps of potential, similar to the mr2s, but the mr2 dont hold the once awesome trd badge.

sorry to highjack the thread, but i wont why so many manufacturer's stop their exciting products.

toyota stopped celica (though back soon cuz they realise they cldnt survive without it), supra & mr2

honda stopped the teggie, prelude (though having both seemed too redundant anyway)

nissan stopped the 200sx at the s15

having said that, i saw the top of the range KIA cerato coupe. they've done a good job exterior wise, looks quite hot in red and their stock 17' black/chrome wheels. too bad its a camry like engine <_<

Edited by Wixy

Rumour has it that the FT-86 when released will support the Celica badge.....thank god its gone back to RWD!

Also rumour has it Nissan dealers may have a release date on a new 200sx....but that was from my Nissan contact and I don't trust car salesmen as far as I can throw them.

hopefully u can find one, cuz they are like dead flies everywhere.

what a classic, the one and only trd aurion model, would be a great collectors.

if one were to keep one in prestine condition and with low kms, it should fetch lots of goodwill on that car. heaps of potential, similar to the mr2s, but the mr2 dont hold the once awesome trd badge.

what are you talking about?? toyota's 'golden era' was in the 80s and 90s, a fwd sedan that was intended to compete against failcadores and that didn't end up selling so well isn't really a classic. plus fwd = not much potential handling wise as it is a barge (fwd only works in cars with small, stiff chassis'), and power wise, due to torque steer.

i'd say a trd chaser would have more of a chance becoming a 'classic'. toyota australia has, and (for all i remember), has had no clue on making a car that would appeal towards enthusiasts.

• 1 year later...

Rumour has it that the FT-86 when released will support the Celica badge.....thank god its gone back to RWD!

i wish but i dont think so, supras celicas and mr2's are indefinately discontinued to make room for all the hybrids, bubble cars, and electric crap.. and a handful of sports.

the FT86 is going to be huge, even i want one. >.< 30,000 brand new sounds pretty cheap for me even if i got no idea on hp specs.

BTW- this is genius(previous dudes sig)

RACECAR SPELT BACKWARDS IS STILL RACECAR

Edited by KIRIUS

• 5 weeks later...

BTW- this is genius(previous dudes sig)

RACECAR SPELT BACKWARDS IS STILL RACECAR

Finally my creativity is spotted ;) ;) ;) lol

Here's a nice one for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MY3QjrcRnI

ok something a bit more realistic that you might run into

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love this sort of conversation! This is precicely why touring car in this country needs to be "Production" car based. I miss seeing hot 4's dancing through the turns on the mount but seeing the V8's and big 6's make up for it on the straights. Now it's a common base with a near common body with a different badge. How's that exciting? I guess I just don't get NASCAR then hey?

have a read of the below .... but as stated not enough people follow it and we simply dont have the population in australia to follow all the different sports. I still remember going to a regular season NBA game in LA and the amount of people there it was as is it was the NRL grand final.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Production_Car_Championship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Manufacturers%27_Championship

I still remember going to a regular season NBA game in LA and the amount of people there it was as is it was the NRL grand final.

If you want a real eye-opener, have a look at US college football. The big teams regularly get 90,000+ crowd figures, in most cases a figure greater than the entire population of the town/city that the stadium is in. Even the NFL can't hold a candle to the NCAA when it comes to support (of the 20 largest stadiums in the US, all but 3 are college stadiums, one of the 3 is shared between 2 NFL teams and another one is shared between college and NFL)