90,000 service costs ????

Deanja

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the 'inspected' stuff means... we did nothing and charged you. I used to be a Holden mechanic. Often the wheel rotation isnt done either. Wasnt done on my aurion at the last service they did even though it was on the service book page.

Inspected...yep, know what that means and is why I included "lots of inspections". But they did rotate at least two wheels as one of them had a "mark" on it that is now in an opposite position.

This place has usually provided a good service. That's been supported by a few other locals too.

They musta inspected the brakes as they reported them. I can do them myself.

The service book for my TRD recommends changing the drive belt at 90k.

Drive belt, meaning timing belt? I thought the 2GR-FE has a chain? Change only necessary if it goes bad?

Have worked at a Toyota Toyota dealer when 1st started and independents I know how both work.

Dealers charge a higher labour rate as they are factory trained. Dealers have all the special service tools to do the job. If they have a major technical issue they have back up from the factory to get it sorted. And a possibility of a loan vehicle if a major issue occurs... (Try that at a independent) Yes the prices for parts have a large margin on them... They also have state of the art equipment more over heads ect. If you stay with the dealer and support them they will support you , from parts, to used and new sales, we have even flown customers interstate for new product launches, and even a few overseas back to the factory so they can see how the unit Is made.

If I had $1 for every time I've answered a technical question from a competing work shop id be a million air.

To pair a computer to the vehicle our adapter cost 3500, the program cd is aprox 1,200 ea plus another 15k per user per year to ensure we have all the factory up dates ... I'm pretty sure we have just under 10 units available you do the math...

As a general rule I put $80 a week away for the car. If you can not afford this you shouldn't have a car...

( having never worked on a Aurion before it took me just under a hour to do the plugs all hand tools no service manual and didn't remove the plenum chamber) the only time I take any of my cars to the shop is for a wheel balance and alignment, and I only Take my car to one place for a rego check - the same place for over 10years now even though I can get them thru work as I used to work with the guy...

The service book for my TRD recommends changing the drive belt at 90k.

Drive belt, meaning timing belt? I thought the 2GR-FE has a chain? Change only necessary if it goes bad?
Haha, nah, meaning the drive belt, the belt that drives the accessories that don't require timing ie alternator, water pump, AC pump, power steering pump.

Have changed mine myself, can see how they would mark up the costs on that one. Belt was less than $60, access was by removing drivers wheel and squeezing in through there.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had my 90,000 kms service today, I used lube mobile only cost me 290 dollars. Had to supply all my own parts though, all up came to about 700 bucks (new K&N filter NGK laser iridium premium spark plugs new oil filter and 7 litres of Penrite 10-40 kW oil which by the way fixed my rattling problem at start up.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my 2010 Aurion 90k service carried out by the NRMA ( Padstow) in Jan 2015 total cost was $ 703. 00.

Breakdown: Labour $234, 1278 (?) $59.99, Spark Plug Resistor $246.05, environmental levies $6, Filter element - Air $50.96,

Filter Cabin Air $ 43,Filter Cartridge- Oil $17,Sump Plug Washer $2, Washer Additive $ 2, Workshop Consumables $9. Wiper

inserts $33, GST $ 63.91, Total $703 !!! Less a $50 discount for members.

Had my 2010 Aurion 90k service carried out by the NRMA ( Padstow) in Jan 2015 total cost was $ 703. 00.

Breakdown: Labour $234, 1278 (?) $59.99, Spark Plug Resistor $246.05, environmental levies $6, Filter element - Air $50.96,

Filter Cabin Air $ 43,Filter Cartridge- Oil $17,Sump Plug Washer $2, Washer Additive $ 2, Workshop Consumables $9. Wiper

inserts $33, GST $ 63.91, Total $703 !!! Less a $50 discount for members.

What happened to replacing the plugs which is what I believed was part of the service at 90k

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I had my Prodigy serviced at Toyota on the Gold Coast, 180k cost me $833. I know it's not 90k but similar sort of service.

I got ripped big I know but I don't trust many people with my car.

I should mention that's with a loan car that cost $33

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i just got a quote for a major service for my 2010 aurion,$1100,i nearly had a heart attack,sought another qoute without new plugs (last changes at 84,000) $380?is this normal?i have only had the car 4 days and thought get a major done,had a 2000 avalon grande and always did it myself.I was told the manifold had to come off?