• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received same boilerplate email:

Dear......

Thank you for contacting Toyota Customer Experience Centre,

We assure you Toyota Motor Corporation Australia takes safety of its vehicles as a number one priority and we understand the high expectations our customers have of their vehicle and our products & services.

Toyota Australia have developed a replacement part for your vehicle with more durable material, approved by our engineers. Any variation outside this Customer Service Exercise would need to be discussed with the Service Manager at your preferred Toyota Dealership.

Please be advised that this is a Customer Service Exercise and not a safety recall.

Thank you for contacting Toyota and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Kind Regards,

Marcel de Vere

Customer Experience Consultant

Customer Experience Centre

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia

Ph: 1800 252 097

Edited by boleh

Without wanting to sound like I am defending Toyota, which is not my intention, I can appreciate they would no doubt receive many phone calls and emails whenever this sort of thing happens (as does any manufacturer, be it for cars, electronics or whatever).

Had Toyota replied to everyone with differing responses, I am sure people would then have a go at them because they are not being consistant in their response to their customers.

Try calling Tesltra, Optus, or any other car manufacturer when similar situations arise and I'm reasonably confident the same thing will happen most of the time.

Regardless of the fact that the replacement part may, or may not be a satisfactory replacement, I don't see any problem with their similar responses (and would have been more shocked if they had been different).

Out of interest, if anyone knows, is it uncommon for rubber pipes/connections to be used in this manner, on engines ?

Do other car manufacturers use the same (or similar) rubber pipes for this type of application, or is this a rare occurence that Toyota has done here with the early model 2GR-FE engine ?

An interesting topic indeed....

I guess the point is that newer Klugers (and other models) are getting metal pipe. Why whould Toyota go for extra expense to get metal pipe if "improved" rubber pipe is so OK?

Out of interest, if anyone knows, is it uncommon for rubber pipes/connections to be used in this manner, on engines ?

Do other car manufacturers use the same (or similar) rubber pipes for this type of application, or is this a rare occurence that Toyota has done here with the early model 2GR-FE engine ?

An interesting topic indeed....

I guess I am lucky - my APR 08 Kluger has the metal pipe fitted. I can't understand why they would not just fit the same part to those with the rubber piece. Surely there cannot be that much of a price difference :huh:

Below: From my ars7 of a dealer (the accountant mind you!)

Peter

Sorry for the delay in follow up - have been waiting for Toyota Technical to return our call.

We conveyed your concern to them, but Head of Technical has advised their engineers have confirmed that the authorised repair has been thoroughly tested and is totally reliable.

I know that this response will probably not satisfy you, but as I am no technical expert, I must rely on the advice we have received from Toyota.

You might have more success if you were to contact Toyota Customer Service on 1800252097

Tomorrow I ring the manager and tell him I will go out of my way to take whatever action I can muster to tell people to avoid this dealership and Toyota till these cheap bastards fix my problem the same way a new car is fixed.

Don't let Toyota or your dealer fob you off people, they are doing every thing in their power now and will simply try to wear you down till you give up.

I have a 2007 build Kluger and to date have not received any letter. Hubby checked our car and yes we do have the pipe with the rubber insert. I will contact the dealer and follow this up.

Good luck guys, keep on fighting.

I have had enough of this shi7, I am going to deal with this tomorrow!

Reg

Take your time print this out and read through this http://sites.google.com/site/toyotav6oillinescandal/

I will be at your office tomorrow 12pm and I will be seeing the Dealer Principle and giving him my ultimatum and also a litany of “options” I will exercise at my own time to anyone else choosing to deal with your Dealership ranging from on line campaigns to me being in person out the front of your establishment carry a **** placard detailing this situation to any other potential customers who might get the same service from your employer.

I spent $56000 of my own ca$h not the banks money in purchasing this car from Dwyers. I will not let this go.

Best Regards.

Peter

www.riceracing.com.au

I understand your frustration and thank you for sharing this information and respect what you are doing but when you circumvent the swearing filter it doesn't do your cause or your image any justice.

Swearing

I understand your frustration and thank you for sharing this information and respect what you are doing but when you circumvent the swearing filter it doesn't do your cause or your image any justice.

Swearing

Being polite to Toyota gets you no where, nor with the dealer.

Swearing or not it is a garbage situation, shame on Toyota and shame on anyone who tries to defend their actions on this totally Jewish attempt at funding their defunct F1 team.

It appears that they screwed up the spec for the original rubber pipe. My guess is that the new rubber pipe would last much longer. I dont have anything against using a rubber oil pipeline provided it is guaranteed to last the life of the engine. I dont think it would though. Perhaps what they might do is grant anyone who requests a solid metal pipeline just that, and those who dont care or kick up a fuss, just the up-speced rubber one. IF I was the Toyota dealer I would do that to keep my customers happy.

Rice Racing I am going to warn you to settle down as some of your comments are certainly not warranted and are also in breach of the forum rules. Please refrain from trying to bring this forum into disrepute and please if you have a beef with you dealer please do not use this forum to try and justify your case to them as it only gives us a bad name if you are not acting in an appropriate manner.

thank you

SB

I have had enough of this shi7, I am going to deal with this tomorrow!

Reg

Take your time print this out and read through this http://sites.google.com/site/toyotav6oillinescandal/

I will be at your office tomorrow 12pm and I will be seeing the Dealer Principle and giving him my ultimatum and also a litany of “options” I will exercise at my own time to anyone else choosing to deal with your Dealership ranging from on line campaigns to me being in person out the front of your establishment carry a **** placard detailing this situation to any other potential customers who might get the same service from your employer.

I spent $56000 of my own ca$h not the banks money in purchasing this car from Dwyers. I will not let this go.

Best Regards.

Peter

www.riceracing.com.au

Thanks for the link

Very intersting to read what is a very comprehensive list of very similar issues.

Here is the link to a youtube vid of the fault once the line starts to rupture

Mine was replaced today with the rubber upgrade only, dealer would not budge.

So I will ask for it to checked in every service moving forward.

Oral requests are typed into my service invoice as work completed. So that will be kept as a record.

I have an appointment to go in on 17 Dec to have the hose replaced. The thing is that I am going on a week's trip from Melbourne to Lakes Entrance and Merimbula on Dec 19. What do you guys think - should I get the hose replaced only after I come back from the trip, or get it replaced 2 days before my trip? My Kluger only has done about 13000kms. My concern is what if the service centre does a shoddy job of replacing the hose which causes a problem during my trip?

Thanks in advance.

I have an appointment to go in on 17 Dec to have the hose replaced. The thing is that I am going on a week's trip from Melbourne to Lakes Entrance and Merimbula on Dec 19. What do you guys think - should I get the hose replaced only after I come back from the trip, or get it replaced 2 days before my trip? My Kluger only has done about 13000kms. My concern is what if the service centre does a shoddy job of replacing the hose which causes a problem during my trip?

Thanks in advance.

I would let it go till after you return. Most problems appear to occur after 50,000 mile (80,000K) so you would be very unlucky to experience the problem at 13000K.

I would let it go till after you return. Most problems appear to occur after 50,000 mile (80,000K) so you would be very unlucky to experience the problem at 13000K.

I agree with Sam.

There is nothing to say that even if you never replace the part in question you are guaranteed to ever have a problem.....though it's probably a case of "better-safe-than-sorry", considering the possible alternative !

My dealer is at this stage just working on getting Toyota's o.k. to change the part to what is on new engines (not worried about the token $50 cost). Either Or he is simply trying to cover his back side which is fair enough and next week I should have a resolution to make me happy as that is what my dealer wants regardless of what Toyota's service directive may say. He fully understands the obvious contradictions I and others have highlighted.

End of the day Toyota can say what they want (I told him in person yesterday) my dealer will change mine over for me to keep me happy and give me a car I can fully trust and not worry about, just like you would with any new Toyota fitted with this engine you buy.

The legacy of this is if ever I do decide to sell it I don't want anyone to stick their head in the engine bay and say "WOW this is one of those with the defective rubber pipe time bomb" :o

The legacy of this is if ever I do decide to sell it I don't want anyone to stick their head in the engine bay and say "WOW this is one of those with the defective rubber pipe time bomb" :o

I can't imagine anyone worrying about that little thing when you sell the car. I think they'd be more worried about how much you have thrashed it during all your tests and whether you've left any bits and pieces out when putting it back together to look like factory standard :lol:

Ken.

Edited by kbosward

I can't imagine anyone worrying about that little thing when you sell the car. I think they'd be more worried about how much you have thrashed it during all your tests and whether you've left any bits and pieces out when putting it back together to look like factory standard :lol:

Ken.

LOL

My handful of tests are nothing compared to how some clowns drive their cars or buying a crap heap from any major city that has lived its life in stop start traffic and rubbish conditions. My vehicles superior fuel economy over 10's of thousands of kilo meters shows how I drive my car all of time, you could rest an egg on the dash and it would not roll off :)

No crappy dealer oil changes either (changed it out at 800km not the 10,000km from new) ;) only using the best of the best, thus I intend to keep my car long term and why I am not settling for this short term fix as detailed in my other posts.

Thrashing a car is people who's tires wear out in 40,000km, mine are still like new after 25,000km I will get at least 75,000km out of them again all signs of just how delicate I treat all my vehicles any insinuation otherwise is deeply offensive to me.

Peter

mods' lol taking off rattling plastic and a cover off the top of the motor is not a modification :rolleyes: but if you call having a pliable wiring harness and a cooler running car a mod then so be it ;)

My handful of tests are nothing compared to how some clowns drive their cars

A potential car buyer is not going to necessarily look at it in the same way remember.