toyota 700

magoo700

i am looking for any information on sourcing parts or any general information regarding toyota 700.interested to know how many were imported and how many are still around?

Hi,

There's a bloke who lives near me (Toowoomba Area) that has had a few 700's over the years (I think he may still own a couple). I think he worked for Toyota and sold them when they were first brought into the country. I want to catch up with him as I own an old Tiara. When I see him I'll get back to you.

John

• 4 weeks later...

i am looking for any information on sourcing parts or any general information regarding toyota 700.interested to know how many were imported and how many are still around?

I have a Toyota 700 also. I am interested in import nos. etc.Would like any literature pertaining to these interesting little cars.I would also be interested in any literature on Toyota 25 commercial vehicles as I have one of these also.

post-15710-1264148361_thumb.jpg

post-15710-1264148451_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I can't answer your questions, but I wish I had one...

I have an original 700,sold new in 1965.As far as i can establish it had one owner after that.It is in very original cond in and out.Would consider selling GWN> VIC )0353581375

post-17261-1265072893_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

hi

• 2 months later...

G'day, I just posted a topic today looking for owners/ info on the UP 10. I think we may be talking about the same vehicle, because if memory serves me correctly the Publica was also known as the Publica 700?

Is the 700 you're referring to twin cylinder air cooled, circa 1962-64 ?

Dave [ozburg]

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I have a toyota 700 (UP10)on which I am doing a full rebuild. It has been a long job because I have been living in Manila these last 2 years.The car has been totally stripped, grite blasted and is now in the rebuiding stage. Suspension has been restored, brake cylinders have been lined and some ball joints rebuit. I have had my engine rebuilt while in the Philippines and my Chrome redone as well. Painting is nearly complete so hope to get it rolling later this year. I have some spare parts but need more so would be willing to trade if anyone is interested. I live in Brisbane.

Happy New year to all.

Bill

Edited by UP 10

Hi All

Just a qquick note to say that if you want a good source of information on the Toyota 700, and 800 go to //autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Toy700and800 . While most of the members are 800 sports owners there are some UP10 (700) members and downloads of manuals for the 700 are available and lots of good photos. My project is there under 'Bills restoration'.

Cheers

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I have one in excellent condition that I would consider selling. Melbourne Victoria Australia.

It has never been driven very much.

It was sold to a relative of mine from Toyota at a discounted rate because at the time they couldn't get rid of the things (1964). Apparently they were introduced into NSW first but due to the hills and the lack of power they were sent off to South Australia and Perth to be sold... I think only about 600 were ever sold in Australia (right hand drive). Mine was first given to the SA Toyota Sales manager's wife (who hated it), it then got painted purple (no idea why) and my uncle purchased it. They blew the motor with 6 months, but thankfully Toyota rebuilt it (~1970), but my uncle didn't like it any more and couldn't sell it so it went into a shed, where the chooks made it a home. I bought it in 1985 and took it out of the chook shed, cleaned it and drove it for about 3 years, before I then put it into a shed... and it has been there ever since. Still in full working order - no modifications made, all complete and in working order.

Happy to hear if anyone is interested in it. I had dreamed of giving it a good going over and driving it around town..But I never have and have realised I probably wont - it needs a good home.

UP10C publica 700, Toyoglide (one of the very original models - unlike some of the other modified rubbish you see around)

I have a Toyota 700 also. I am interested in import nos. etc.Would like any literature pertaining to these interesting little cars.I would also be interested in any literature on Toyota 25 commercial vehicles as I have one of these also.

I think around 600 came into Australia via Sydney, and these were then sent onto SA, VIC and Perth for sale - due to poor sales. There are a number still around but most have been modified to increase the power.

• 6 months later...

I think around 600 came into Australia via Sydney, and these were then sent onto SA, VIC and Perth for sale - due to poor sales. There are a number still around but most have been modified to increase the power.

How much do these cars sell for? I know of one which has had it's roof cut off, but the rest of the car looks to be ok

Probably only good for parts!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i have one of these in my shed,63 publica 700 auto ,is scruffy but good ,a runner ,all works ,may sell !!,also have heaps of spares inc many hensteeth panels

hi ally mac, is that your vehicle currently advertised on ebay. What spares do you have , do you have the ducts that come of the heat sheilds and run back behind the carby? thanks neil

• 7 months later...

Dragging an old thread up again - I recently purchased five UP10's with the hope of rebuilding 2-3 of them.

People interested can follow my progress through my work shop on stalkbook: www.facebook.com/BlueDogGarage

Clint

0403 733 054

Perth

• 5 years later...

Hi, I have a Toyota 700 UP10 that I have owned and stored for many years, it is in original condition. It has very low miles on the speedo and the new car protective plastic on the rear interior trim. This car was owned from new by the Fogarty family who had been involved with the new delivery of these cars into Adelaide. I have many new and used parts including a rolling shell, fully rebuilt engine, genuine workshop and parts manuals. I understand that this car is difficult to value but I wonder if anyone would know what these cars are going for? Cheer Paul Stone.

• 7 months later...