signature length

shaohaok

• 11 months later...

Sorry to drag this old dog up again, but some people's signatures are a little out of hand.

I myself do not believe that large images should be in there, small ones yes, but not big ones, and especially not flashy GIF's either.

If some people happen to have a slightly slower PC than the geek that has the flashy signature, then this causes all sorts of delays in loading pages, as well as making the pages too long...

I have seen that function, but it shouldn't have to be done.

The sigs and avatars are often the best indication as to who we are talking to and what sort of person they are....and often humerous....

Its just those real large signatures that should be toned down a little....

What is the recommended/maximum dimensions for picture sigs? (in pixels) :)

To get it really under control we could have a similar system as for avatars; only allow the upload of restricted size/dimension

Mate, yours aint too bad.... There are a couple (and I really am only referring to a handful) that are really big....

Avatars are already restricted by the number of pixels I think, but the big sigs in the signatures are usually linked images, to which I don't think you can control....

Here are a couple of links to some that I noticed this morning that I feel are a bit big/wrong....

Link 1

Link 2

Anyways, I don't want to sound like a pr!ck, but I feel I should say something or they start getting outta hand :)

yeah some of them were getting a bit big...

it just makes it harder to sort through the information in a thread, not to mention it makes the page take longer to reload when im refreshing king of the hill thread to see if ill be king when i post...

rob your sig is now a very appropriate size, thanks for changing it...

Your signature still too big Rob man... better make it smaller before you get banned man :D

:o I don't wanna get banned!!! Ok I'll change it.

There. My signature is now 1 pixel x 1 pixel. I still hope this isn't too big :o

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

HAHAHA 1 pixel! that's classic!!

ill have to second that call from azza. i must say it was a bit of a shock to see it the first time, but i guess society has changed so much since i was a boy, this is what the kids look like these days...

I still have no idea what you are all talking about ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'm with dylan on this one........i'm just here so i can make 1000 by midnight.................hehhehheehe