AUX input mod - PM's sent to DJKOR regarding this mod will go unanswered.

shane_85

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I've checked quickly and found that AUX is availabe/displayed in my 2008 Aurion Touring (the first step has passed succesfully). What I would like to know is how you guys put\shove the wires into the connector and fix it there. Thay fall out all the time. Did you shove them after you connect the connector to the stereo or before?

• 3 weeks later...

HI People - I have a 2007 SATNAV 4 disc changer Aurion

I figured the F8 wiring - my question is re the F6-7(GND). Does anyone have any advice as to which plug this is. As neither the head unit or correspnding plugs are marked - I'm not keen to guess at it.

1) Connect F8-19(AUXI) to F6-7(GND) through a 1K resistor, DO NOT GROUND DIRECTLY. While this is probably ok, i wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks in advance.

MikeJ.

I figured the F8 wiring - my question is re the F6-7(GND). Does anyone have any advice as to which plug this is. As neither the head unit or correspnding plugs are marked - I'm not keen to guess at it.

1) Connect F8-19(AUXI) to F6-7(GND) through a 1K resistor, DO NOT GROUND DIRECTLY. While this is probably ok, i wouldn't recommend it.

Please refer back to posts on page 4 and 5 before even taking the effort to modify your unit as this has been discussed before.

Please refer back to posts on page 4 and 5 before even taking the effort to modify your unit as this has been discussed before.

Thanks for response. I spent quite a lot of time reading pages 4-5 and accept the solution maynot work with the 2007 SAT Nav CD stack Aurions. BUt as my HU appears identical to the NON-SatNav version - I'm keen to persist and give it a crack. In all the correspondence, its not clear to me which of the plugs on the HU is the "F6" for the F8-19(AUXI) to F6-7(GND), another words where do I plug "....the lonely black wire onto ground on plug (F6-7)" as stated on page 1 of shane_scott_85 initial. I'm really keen to get this going - and will of course share all.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, read this entire thread 3-4 times over last couple months still gets me as to where in line and how to connect the Resitor >_<

Really need one of those entire walkthrough picture posts showing you every step xD

Sorry for being such a noob when it comes to thistho, as i know you all must get sick and tired of repeating yourselves.... i will attempt this mod in the near future if it ever gets clarified :) ( scared of destroying the headuint :\ )

• 2 weeks later...

Took my '08 Aurion At/X to Toyota and they ripped out my stock stereo and replaced it with this. I now have Bluetooth hands-free, USB and AUX. It doesn't match like the old one did, but for the added functionality, I can live with it. Not sure what the stereo of the new Aurion looks like, so it may have come from one of those (after they upgraded to SatNav possibly)

How do you guys like it ?

aurionstereo.jpg

aurionstereo2.jpg

looks like the one i used to have in mt hilux flattop! looks wierd seeing it in a aurion

Agreed weird seeing that in an aurion....

But it's doing what you need and thats all that matters :)

Yeh, it does look a little weird lol I kept the old stereo just in case it ever goes wrong or If I go to sell the car, I can just throw the stock one back in again. But it sure is nice having the extra features the stero should have had in the first place :)

Anyone in NSW or VIC willing to do this for me? i am willing to travel, pay for parts and pay good money for this service.

Please can someone give me a PM. i am desperate

my car is 2007 toyota aurion sportivo sx6

Edited by tanny

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i've been reading these posts for the past couple of days, as i'd like to do the same thing to my aurion presara 2007, but i think i'm unlucky like steven because i have a 4cd stacker and dvd nav in my unit, i realized that no one had the wiring diagram for this unit so i managed to get it from fujitsu/ toyota. so here is my question does this diagram help in anyway and if not is there an after market adaptor that can make an aux connection or even better if it can be compatible with a galaxy s2.

thanks guys i appreciated you even reading this msg

post-27761-0-13961800-1331124805_thumb.j

My partners 2010 Corolla has that stereo head unit in it or 1 just like it. My 2010 Aurion Touring has the AUX jack in the front of the unit. I have the unit with the reversing camera screen. Not sure when they started using it.post-27452-0-27070900-1331564214_thumb.j

Just did this mod yesterday, worked first time, once i figured out the left and right channels couldnt be happier. only issue is i didnt have sheilded audio wire on hand so i may have to redo it at some stage to reduce noise, but otherwise fantastic quality

Also, I tracked down the correct sized spades that go into the F8 Plug, fit perfectly and once they are in there they lock in place. Simple crimp of the wires and its all done.

These should be available from Jaycar/Electus. I bought them from a Leading Edge store for around $3.

post-27437-0-82999500-1332032680_thumb.j

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I have got all the gear you will need to perform this mod (sheilded cable, resistor, correct spades to go into the back of the plug and the 3.5mm stereo jack) These bits are left over from when I did mine

It can be yours for the small cost of $15 posted to your door :)

EDIT: SOLD

Edited by VIPZR6