AUX input mod - PM's sent to DJKOR regarding this mod will go unanswered.

shane_85

The AUX jack in this guide was put in as part of the mod I believe. You can also do what some of us have done and trail a cord out the side of the trim as well.

I'm thinking of putting in the work to change mine over to a jack though. Means I can use a longer or shorter cable if required etc.

• 2 months later...

Hey great stuff... thanks shane. This is basically what I was going to do but you have just made it a whole lot easier for me. I have the 4 disc changer with satnav in mine.... it has the aux input on the back of the my unit. Why toyota release the vehicle without an in car connection to it beats me!!

Hi I have also pulled out my navigation head unit and also found the aux in connection, I have installed the cable but how did you turn on the aux on the stereo to play music through the cable?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its not only the plug you need. you need to ground the aux mode

where abouts from vic are you?

Hey mate. I take it you know how to do this mod? I live in Frankston,Vic if you live somewhat locally would you be able to help me out? Ill cover the costs and give you some extra money.

i live around the epping area. and yeah i know how to do this mod. i done it to both my car and my mums car, both being aurions. i had this mod for about a year until i upgraded my HU

• 3 weeks later...

Same plug. I've done it to my 6 stacker and worked a treat.

Also a side note which I discovered myself a few months ago by accident (and I dont know whether it has been covered elsewhere in the thread already but)

To select AUX mode you need to have a CD in the HU. Otherwise it will keep cycling over CD mode and AUX mode. Just a quirk I found by accident :)

Hello Guys,

I was reading the first few pages and then brushed through the rest. But i didnt find a neat diagram or pictorial description of the connection to the rear of the HU to make the AUX input. Most of them talked about this for Aurion, Can i use this for 2012 Rav4 base model?

Thanks

Ismail

• 4 weeks later...

i live around the epping area. and yeah i know how to do this mod. i done it to both my car and my mums car, both being aurions. i had this mod for about a year until i upgraded my HU

Hey im from Epping wondering if you have or could make one of these things for will pay some cash! Cheers let me know

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I have bought a 2007 Aurion Presara and would like to carry out the above mod. Is there anyone in the Cairns area who can do this for a fee and if not could someone advice on the rough fee that should be charged by an auto tech to do this.

Btw this is a great solution, tried the FM converter which sounds hopeless

Cheers

Edited by Kyl

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Toyota Pride.

Do ya know if it works with the 2007 presara Sat Nav?

Thanks man

Yes mate, i have the exact same sat nav as you, and it works great. You can control your music from your iphone or from the seek buttons.

Hi mate I do have a 2007 presara with sat nav. I tried to install a grom audio kit few months back. Yes it did work except you wont be able to see the file names on the satnav . It just shows upbas track 01 n so on

Can you tell me on the gta car kits is it possible to see the track names or id3 tags

• 4 weeks later...

I know that this topic has been flogged to death, but I don't think the solution for the satnav unit is resolved. It does seem like you can buy a 3rd party unit (GROM) that can plug into it, but is there a solution without spending $150+?

Is there any way of modding it yourself like for the normal non-satnav unit?

I don't have an aurion (yet) but I'm looking to get a 2008 zr6 with satnav... would be fantastic to have AUX in!

Cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ya'll

Not a big deal but I've had some recent PM's in regards to how i lay'd out my cables to connect the iPod so i thought i'd show my Cable Lay-Out for reference.

gallery_28082_1190_316007.jpg

Hey man, was just wondering about where you connect this on the back of the head unit?

and also, does it affect any of the following?

* The rear camera.

* The factory hands free bluetooth for phone calls.

* Using fm or cd's and whatever

Just want to know how well it works in the presara model like yours? I dont want too lose the bluetooth connectivity?

Thanks,

As asked before, has anyone tried the $12.99 plu n play cable from Ebay?

PLUG Gold Plated AUX AUDIO MP3 INPUT CABLE FOR TOYOTA CAMRY CAROLA 3.5MM

• 2 months later...

img1151g.jpg

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I recently purchased the above 86190-52010 Aux port for my Aurion 2011 Touring but when I opened the centre console, instead of finding a cable compatible with the 4 pin port below:

11269914073_31b02c23c1_z.jpg

...I found an unused 5 pin plug as below:

11269910923_2fb51108ec_z.jpg

11269802965_74e3ea64ba_z.jpg

Anyone familiar with what it may be for, especially if it relates to the Auxilliary port?

Edited by acid8000

• 1 month later...

Thanks for creating this thread, it worked 1st go thanks to the pinout and wiring instructions on here :) .

But I used to make entire ultra-light aircraft wiring looms, so I'm ok at at this sort of stuff.

And for anyone who wants proper pins that go into the connectors, Jaycar sells these. They're crimp connectors but I just used needle nose pliers to crimp them.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HP1260

EDIT: Oh, and I decided not to ground the AUXI pin to GND at F6-7, because F6 has bigger pins and I couldn't find pins that matched. So I grounded it on the HU chassis, which worked - and it's labelled as chassis ground in the Service Manual anyway.

productLarge_1489.jpg

Edited by tom_kauf

Question on Aurions with SAT NAV

Just wondering if members can give some feedback on which one of two are better for the Aurion with SAT NAV

1. GTA Car Kit for Toyota Camry 2007-2011

http://www.gtacarkits.com/toyota_camry_2007_2011_car_kit.php

- This has AUX only with no USB

2. Yatour Car Digital Music Changer with USB SD MP3 + Bluetooth (optional) for 2005-2011Toyota and LEXUS series

http://www.autodvdgps.com/yatour-car-digital-music-changer-with-usb-sd-mp3-bluetooth-optional-for-20052011toyota-and-lexus-series-p-1570.html

This comes with USB/SD Card - so very tempting

Will be grateful for feedback from users on the above two

Cheers

i bought this cable a while ago ,never tried it out so i don't know if it works or not ,it does plug in on the back on the unit ,but its plugging in the steering wheel control plug ,

any one interested $15 posted

25sc17p.jpg