AUX input mod - PM's sent to DJKOR regarding this mod will go unanswered.

shane_85

• 2 weeks later...

I successfully completed this mod, using a 1K 1/2 watt resistor. Have had it for around 1 year, only thing is that when its a hot day, the aux option isn't recognised.

I spoke with Jaycar and they said that when the resistor gets too hot it stops working, and said to put a resistor with a higher wattage.

I'm a bit hesitant to do it as I don't want to short the HU. Anybody know what to do in this situation?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this one for about 2 years now for my iphone, works great! It plugs into the CD changer socket at the back of radio unit, (mine's a 2008 atx), no soldering or rewiring, just plug-n-play. 1 cable and you can control the tracks and volume from the steering wheel and it charges the iphone as well. But you need a chinese friend to help you:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.320.Ytscif&id=4699212838

If you want USB or other input, try this one:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.Vrifkd&id=20229975477

• 11 months later...

Great news, anyone got any Mounting suggestions for this cable for the Aurion. You can get aussie stock it seems as well as ones that accept usb and sd cards. Thanks for the tip

If you sit in the passenger seat, to the right hand side of the glove box handle/latch/opener there is a pocket or hidey hole. Mine comes out of there and sits in the pocket until I use it

post-29357-0-13861200-1424176805_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

NOTE from DJKOR: Due to the constant stream of questions regarding this modification both on and off the forum, I will no longer be answering any questions about this modification regardless of the question content.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, this is my first post so ill try to make it useful as possible. Ive been trawling through this site for a while getting some ideas and heres the first one that has eventuated.

attachicon.gifDSC00484.JPG attachicon.gifDSC00477.JPG

It seems that the factory CD/MP3 player on the aurions (and probably the camry's) have provisions for AUX input and that toyota has been too cheap to bothger utilizing it. All they needed to fork out was a few dollars for some shielded cable, ONE resistor and a headphone jack.

Anyway, down to the point. If you pick up where toyota decided to not leave from, this is what you need to do to get AUX input. (Please refer to the Audio_Visual section of the manual avaliable here).

SNIP

Does anyone have a link to that manual? When I try to access that link it returns a blank PDF 331 bytes long, which is to say nothing. I just need a pin out so I can work out which wires go where on that socket, thanks in advance.

NOTE from DJKOR: Due to the constant stream of questions regarding this modification both on and off the forum, I will no longer be answering any questions about this modification regardless of the question content.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, this is my first post so ill try to make it useful as possible. Ive been trawling through this site for a while getting some ideas and heres the first one that has eventuated.

attachicon.gifDSC00484.JPG attachicon.gifDSC00477.JPG

It seems that the factory CD/MP3 player on the aurions (and probably the camry's) have provisions for AUX input and that toyota has been too cheap to bothger utilizing it. All they needed to fork out was a few dollars for some shielded cable, ONE resistor and a headphone jack.

Anyway, down to the point. If you pick up where toyota decided to not leave from, this is what you need to do to get AUX input. (Please refer to the Audio_Visual section of the manual avaliable here).

SNIP

Does anyone have a link to that manual? When I try to access that link it returns a blank PDF 331 bytes long, which is to say nothing. I just need a pin out so I can work out which wires go where on that socket, thanks in advance.

Actually never mind, I found it while searching for something else:

http://realgy.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/toyota-aurion-workshop-manual.html

• 1 year later...

Hi, not sure if this sounds stupid or not, but in my Aurion, there are already wires connected to f8-15,16,17. I was wondering if I'm meant to attach the aux harness with the existing wiring still in place. 

Also, you say that you splice the ground into f6-7, just confirming, that means the existing wire and the Aux wire get connected together. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, _Ryan said:

Also, you say that you splice the ground into f6-7, just confirming, that means the existing wire and the Aux wire get connected together.

Yes. Splice = Connect, it's an electrical term.

If there are wires in the F8-15,16,17 connector pin slots, you can use them, if not then you may need to source the pins/connector from a wreck.

3 hours ago, _Ryan said:

Thanks trentmeyer23, but do I disconnect existing wires in f8-15,16,17 or splice?

Splice. They need to be connected still.

No to be rude, but these questions make me think you are not very confident in attempting this modification. You should probably reconsider attempting this yourself and have a professional or a generous forum member within your locality assist.

You could potentially cause damage to your vehicle if you get it wrong and no one wants to see that. All of the liability falls on you to perform it correctly.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. 

How are you guys going?

Look like this thread been for awhile without any update. 

Can anyone recommend which cable should I get on eBay or somewhere to fit into my aurion zr6 2007 sat nav. As on those photos you can see that all my ports been plugged  so is there anyway to get something to plug in or ?

Really dead from this head unit 😐

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mmai143 said:

Hi everyone. 

How are you guys going?

Can anyone recommend which cable should I get on eBay or somewhere to fit into my aurion zr6 2007 sat nav. As on those photos you can see that all my ports been plugged  so is there anyway to get something to plug in or ?

The modification listed here is not a plug and play modification. You will need have a reasonable understanding of electrical wiring to complete it.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2017 at 11:05 PM, trentmeyer23 said:
2 hours ago, Mmai143 said:

Hi everyone. 

How are you guys going?

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

Hey Mike,

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I myself have used a simple plug and play option.

I found these about 3 years ago as I was using an FM transmitter for my music and it was terrible.

Anyway stumbled upon these car kits, there is one for the Camry which has the same ports on the back of the receiver, on the site you can select if you have the standard head unit or the sat nav version. Mine is the presara model so I selected the sat nav version but without the bluetooth, as I wanted to use the bluetooth connectivity for the phone already in my car.

It really is simple to install, there is a plus that goes into an existing port in the back of the receiver (there are guides to show which one it is, sorry I can't remember so long ago now!) Then I just ran the aux and USB cables up through the little hole where the center console closing mechanism is, looks neat enough for me :) So basically for it to enable the aux or USB mode it uses the 'cd changer' function, so basically if you are on FM for example and you want to put your Aux cable on you push the CD button (once for actual cd's) and then again (enables CD changer 2) which turns on the GTA car kit for aux or USB. That's it, the volume controls on the steering wheel still work. The only thing that doesn't is if I have the USB part connected to my iPhone (using a lightning cable adapter for the newer iPhone ports) the skip buttons on the steering wheel don't work, but the ones on the receiver do.

Here is a link to the device I used:

http://www.gtacarkits.com/product/toyota-camry-2007-2011-iphone-aux-kit/

Not sure if this is what you are wanting but thought I would share my thoughts and experience, might be relevant to someone.

If you are interested and want to know more about it feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to pull out the receiver I have it installed on and show you which port and stuff :)

Aw actually, I also installed one for a mate, he has a Sportivo (not sure which Sportivo sorry) and he wanted an aux function and I talked him into getting one and I put it in for him. So I know that one works too!

Hope this helps,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trentmeyer23 said:

That is quite expensive, especially with the current exchange rate.

I suppose it is, I'm certainly not experienced enough to make a modification myself and these guys had a really good reputation at the time when I was looking at them, but anyway, each to their own :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mallabullaergo said:

I suppose it is, I'm certainly not experienced enough to make a modification myself and these guys had a really good reputation at the time when I was looking at them, but anyway, each to their own :)

Hi Mallabullaergo and everyone for help.

Its so amazing because that I didn't expected you guys will get me back so quick.

And yeah Mallabullaergo, it would be great if you so me some photos at the back of your head unit and which port when you can. Because I'm so confusing that my unit at the back all the ports is plugged in. So that why I'm thinking about even if I have a kit how can I plug in or which one I need to remove to plug the new one in. 

Have a good weekend everyone 😀

Edited by Mmai143

2 minutes ago, Mmai143 said:

Its so amazing because that I didn't expected you guys will get me back so quick.

And yeah Mallabullaergo, it would be great if you so me some photos at the back of your head unit and which port when you can. Because I'm so confusing that my unit at the back all the ports is plugged in. So that why I'm thinking about even if I have a kit how can I plug in or which one I need to remove to plug the new one in. 

Yeah sorry I probably didn't explain that well, the blue plug on the gta kit actually replaces one of the occupied ports on your receiver, so one of them you pull out and plug the gta kit in, it won't affect any operations as far as I am concerned/experieced.

The video in that link I sent you should show you which plug to pull out of the receiver and to replace with the plug from the gta kit. The video they have is actually on a camry model, which is the same unit as the aurion unless you have the sat nav unit, but there will be an appropriate port still.

At the end of the day, if you bought one of these it won't take long to work out which plug has to come out for the plug on the gta kit! :)

If you don't have any luck finding out which on it is on their video let me know and I'll take some photos tomorrow :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mmai143 said:

Actually ignore me,

I think you have the sat nav version, in that case you will have to replace one of your existing plugs. The white plug on the right with the yellow, orange and pink cable (in your picture) would be the one you will remove and replace with the plug from the gta kit, just make sure you order the one for the sat nav unit as the standard unit requires a smaller plug that goes into an unoccupied port.

Hope this helps haha sorry for the confusion

Edited by Mallabullaergo

4 minutes ago, Mallabullaergo said:

Yeah sorry I probably didn't explain that well, the blue plug on the gta kit actually replaces one of the occupied ports on your receiver, so one of them you pull out and plug the gta kit in, it won't affect any operations as far as I am concerned/experieced.

The video in that link I sent you should show you which plug to pull out of the receiver and to replace with the plug from the gta kit. The video they have is actually on a camry model, which is the same unit as the aurion unless you have the sat nav unit, but there will be an appropriate port still.

At the end of the day, if you bought one of these it won't take long to work out which plug has to come out for the plug on the gta kit! :)

If you don't have any luck finding out which on it is on their video let me know and I'll take some photos tomorrow :)

Awesom. Actually I pulled it out today to check and took photo. But so disappointed because all the ports was plugged buy the sockets and thought that my aurion doesn't have aux 🙁.

So as you said I'll  just need to order gta kit and remove the one same as on gta kit and plug it in yeah? But still quite confuse the one would be remove for which function of the car 😐. Does anyone know?

5 minutes ago, Mmai143 said:

Awesom. Actually I pulled it out today to check and took photo. But so disappointed because all the ports was plugged buy the sockets and thought that my aurion doesn't have aux 🙁.

So as you said I'll  just need to order gta kit and remove the one same as on gta kit and plug it in yeah? But still quite confuse the one would be remove for which function of the car 😐. Does anyone know?

Just check the post I just put up in case you didn't get to see it,

It is the white port on the right with the yellow, orange and pink cable you will remove and replace with the plug from the gta kit :)

Edited by Mallabullaergo
  • Like 1