Cup Holders

Shreks Donkey

Hi Guys

New member here. I am buying an 08 model kx-r Kluger hopefully this week and I have 1 quick question. The car I`m looking at buying does not have the cupholder insert that I`ve seen on kx-s klugers and Aurions. The cupholder that I am referring to is the one that you pop open a hatch and in the centre there looks like there should be a lift out insert that adjusts to the size of your cups......do all Klugers have these??? I asked my salesman and he told me his other klugers do not have these, but I checked at another dealership, and although I have not found another kx-r, the kx-s klugers seem to have one.

I`m tempted to stand my ground and demand one before I drive the car away. But I wanted to be armed with the information first.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I look forward to contributing more in the future on this excellent looking forum,

Neil

You should have cup holder inserts for the following locations:

• 2 inserts for the front centre console.
  • 1 double insert for the removable centre console in the middle row.
  • 2 inserts for the rear row of seats (7 seat version)

I've removed all mine as they are too small to fit most drink bottles and only seem to fit soft drink cans. Also they come out quite easily and can get stuck to the beverage container, which may lead to them being inadvertantly tossed in the bin. I've read either in the forum here on on Toyota Nation that they cost ~$30 to replace.

Is it possible they may have been designed to suit different sized containers (one set for cans, another for smaller bottles and the set in the doors for larger bottles ?

I personally like the rubber inserts as my mobile fits in the cup holder nicely and means that when the phone moves/jumps around over bumps the rubber holds it in place and keeps it quiet - instead of plastic on plastic.

Well I picked up my kluger today. I asked the salesman about the inserts, and he told me that all his other Klugers had none either, so I stood my ground and told him that I`ve seen them elsewhere, so he happily just took some inserts from a brand new Kluger......I`m happy now :)

Well I picked up my kluger today. I asked the salesman about the inserts, and he told me that all his other Klugers had none either, so I stood my ground and told him that I`ve seen them elsewhere, so he happily just took some inserts from a brand new Kluger......I`m happy now :)

Welcome to the club. What accessories did you get?

Welcome to the club. What accessories did you get?

Thank you

The only thing I have so far is a brand new tow bar on it. This week, I intend on getting floor mats, and then eventually a nudge bar and side steps....there are a few good ppl on ebay who sell these things 3 times cheaper than the dealers so I may get them there. Oh and they also sell roof rails, so that`s another thing I`d like.

Edited by Shreks Donkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 1/5/2010 at 4:48 PM, Snowy68 said:

On my KX-R AWD, there is an insert that adjusts for different diameter cups in the cupholder with a lid on it, while the two cup holders near the gear lever have rubber inserts.

Does anyone know where to buy the rubber inserts. We have lost one of ours.