adaptor to suit pod filter (gen 6 camry)

Tinz

hi all,

anyone done a stock air filter box swap with a pod filter with an adaptor?? i read that it is possible to do just that without clowning around too much with piping and fiddling around with the air flow sensor on the stock set up.

does this make sense to anyone or am i spouting rubbish? if it does make sense would places like autobahn sell such adaptors to suit?

big thanks. :)

You essentially just need to find yourself an adaptor that looks like this:

100083.jpg

They aren't a part that is kept in store most of the time so you will probably have to order it in.

Once you have that, you just add your hoses, drill out any necessary hole for vacuum lines, add your filter and then you are set.

Or go all out and get this:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8610TTK

You essentially just need to find yourself an adaptor that looks like this:

100083.jpg

They aren't a part that is kept in store most of the time so you will probably have to order it in.

Once you have that, you just add your hoses, drill out any necessary hole for vacuum lines, add your filter and then you are set.

Or go all out and get this:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8610TTK

yeah, i was lookin at that mate... but $400+ off ebay and i noe it aint gona work magic on my car but juz more of an audio enhancement which was why I was kinda looking at cheaper options.

thanks for the response mate... i'll sniff around and see wat i can find... btw, you haf any idea on where i might be able to get that lovely looking item shown in the pic attached?

thx heapz...

... btw, you haf any idea on where i might be able to get that lovely looking item shown in the pic attached?

You can search around for better quality ones if you don't like the Spectre brand, but if you are fine with that, you can go to Autobarn or something and ask if they can order parts from Spectre (since they usually stock parts from them in the first place). There are two they have that you can choose from, the first one should work fine, but there is always the possibility that because of the MAF placement and the diameter of the pipe, your engine may not run at it's best. The second solution helps give more flexibility... but the main benefit is that it looks cleaner. I would suspect the first part would be plastic, and the second part would be metal:

Air Flow Sensor Mount 3" Chrome - Part No. 8705

maf1f.jpg

3" MAFS Adapter/Tuning Kit - Part No. 9405

maf2.jpg

... btw, you haf any idea on where i might be able to get that lovely looking item shown in the pic attached?

You can search around for better quality ones if you don't like the Spectre brand, but if you are fine with that, you can go to Autobarn or something and ask if they can order parts from Spectre (since they usually stock parts from them in the first place). There are two they have that you can choose from, the second one providing more customisability to play around for the potential to get a positive gain (even if small):

Air Flow Sensor Mount 3" Chrome - Part No. 8705

maf1f.jpg

3" MAFS Adapter/Tuning Kit - Part No. 9405

maf2.jpg

thx mate... man, it does feel like google.com when it comes to getting questions answered around here :)