CSi CSx

1994Camry

If my memory serves me correctly, the CSX was like an updated model of the CSi with a few little extras. Such extras were ABS (optional), front and rear power windows, 6 speaker stereo, and cruise control. I'm sure there were other extras/changes, but I'm not that good at remembering things.

Try carsales.com.au research and compare vehicles function.

And there are different weights, power windows, 6 speaker stereo cruise control and airbags, according to my Toyota press release

Edited by trentmeyer23

I've got a NOV 94 CSX Vienta.

It has front and rear power windows, ABS, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Airbags, 6 speaker stereo, different front seats with adjustable lumbar support, Map Pockets and trim. Also has 17mm rear swaybar like the Touring model, 15 " Rims, 4 Wheel Discs and painted exterior mirrors.

Hope that helps.

Edited by gossy

I have a lot of work to do I guess, already added the clock (Which has been a big help to me since I live in the middle of a school zone) I have to replace the centre vents since they're original and sadly broken. After that is the painted side mirrors and grille.

Already replaced the head gasket, that blew when I was 10 hours drive from home. :P Mechanic still has no idea how I made it back in one piece and that was almost a year ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been doing more mork but I'm wondering about two things, first is does anyone have a template for Camry gauges? I'm planning on changing it to red, white font and TRD above the tacho and speedo

Second is can anyone tell me how does the cup holders go in? The genuine type, not the aftermarket DIN version

8498310.gif

Number three is the cup holders

I ended up putting in genuine cup holders... wasn't too hard, just a tad fidgety.

There's two bolts in the centre console that'll have to come out... you'd need a socket with an extension bar to undo em.

The whole piece where the cup holders sit will come out as well. I believe there's also a couple of screws or bolts under the shifter plate that come out too.

I did mine in around 20-30 mins. Did it at my mate's place coz he's got a stack of tools :P

In regards to the dash... why you want a template? You spray painting it, or changing the colours?

when I had my old Gen3 CSi, I was going around to wreckers and wherever else trying to upgrade parts on it from the CSX and Ultima etc :P

This thread reminded me, that back then I had some original Toyota sales brochures for the Gen3 Camry and Vientas, I scanned the spec sheets for both, I hope that helps you out :)

th_Gen3-Camry-Specs.jpg th_Gen3-Vienta-Specs.jpg th_Gen3-Touring-Specs.jpg

Edited by Terry

Thinking about doing that, I heard the dimmer doesn't work when it's changed to LED's though

in my gen4.5 the dimmer worked, although i never found use for it!

Yeah, my dimmer worked as well. Killed the LED's after a while though when left at 3/4 brightness. Learnt my lesson after that.

@ Terry - Thank you! That makes things really easy, how'd you go with it?

as you may have guessed I don't have the car anymore :lol:

but it was a 1994 CSi 4-cyl, I was able to get the digital clock in (wiring already there), got a glove box light (wiring there, only need the switch and the light itself), also put the cup holder in. I also went to the wreckers and got the 4-spoke steering wheel from a Vienta, didn't have airbags so that was a simple swap ;)

I also swapped the red boot garnish piece, don't know about the wiring though, but it has two extra parking lights in there.

The stuff that I found out that you can not swap easily, is map lights (no mounting point in the roof, also don't know about the wiring). Also the transmission indicator in the middle of the dashboard, the bit in the middle which lights up saying PRND2L (no wiring at all for that, even if you put in different gauges).

Ah ok, which side of the glove box is the wiring? I pulled out my glove box once and never even thought about it, had to do that when I wired in some driving lights. Luckily I drive a manual so the transmission indicator isn't much use to me though there is a space for it.. Too bad I can't make it light up for whichever gear I'm in lol

I love how with a few things there's already wiring there in case you want to add it later

Ah ok, which side of the glove box is the wiring? I pulled out my glove box once and never even thought about it, had to do that when I wired in some driving lights. Luckily I drive a manual so the transmission indicator isn't much use to me though there is a space for it.. Too bad I can't make it light up for whichever gear I'm in lol

I love how with a few things there's already wiring there in case you want to add it later

yeah it's pretty good how some small things have wiring still there, probably cheaper for Toyota to have all the wiring harnesses the same :)

if I remember correctly, in the glovebox there should be a circular hole which the light assembly would mount into, there should also be a small hole somewhere along the edge of the glovebox for the switch to trigger the light. If you take the glovebox out completely, the wiring for it should be hidden up in the right-hand side I think, it might be hard to find as they usually tape the loose wires up to the wiring harness to keep things neater (as you may have found out when looking for the wiring for the digital clock).

PS: when you do eventually get the light and switch hooked up, the glovebox light doesn't work unless your headlights are on :P

Just read the Factory Brochure, What does remote boot release with CANCEL FUNCTION mean?

Whoa. Size 7 was a little crazy :P

As you know, turning it up to 90 degrees clockwise will open the boot and the key can not be removed until the key is returned to it's original position.

Well, the cancel function means putting your key into the boot key slot and turning it 90 degrees anti-clockwise until the key clicks and locks in that position, and then you remove the key with it in that position.

Essentially what this does is disable the remote boot release feature which is the cable release next to the drivers seat.

Actually that's something I really should ask about. My interior light isn't working for the rear doors, I moved the sensor up and it flickered on but it wont stay on. Anyone know how to fix it?

You can take the door switch out (held in with a screw) and then take some sandpaper to the part of the mechanism that makes contact when the pin if pushed out (when the door is open). The metal carbons up a little and loses it's conductivity. Common thing to happen on those style switches (because the pull current of the light goes through it) on a car of that age. My ol Camry did the same.