Fly Audio GPS DVD Install

Hado

UPDATE ON FAULTY - Pay per view - Kluger GPS / DVD system

Hi Guys,

Well I am not happy at all as I sent the unit back to China weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing. I've emailed them several times and I get absolutely no response, so I have a nice 2008 KLUGER with a huge hole in the centre dash.

Definitely do not buy the unit from Ebay under seller "pay-per-view". They did have a bit of negative feedback and I overlooked it because they sell a lot of stuff, but hopefully this will help my fellow Kluger owners from making the same mistake that I did. $650 GONE........ Now i need another one......to fill in the hole. I'm interested in the FLY unit but not willing to pay more than about $900.

Paul.

What ended up happening Paul?

Also to George and others, how much is the FlyAduio version? I've PM'ed George and also sent an email to EasyPark but no response.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks Hado.

I just needed one last piece or reassurance before I pulled the trigger.

Apparently George has run out of these, but has some due next week.

I'm going to give your very detailed installation post a work out, I'll let you know how I go!

I may also impose upon your generosity & expertise re the IGO8 & skins if your agreeable.

First need to work through installation & get a handle on functions as they stand out of the box.

Kindest regards,

Clawed.

Hi,

Just a quick question Hado or George.

If you stop the engine with gps map on screen, but leave power running in acc position (like at a service station etc) what happens when you restart the engine. Does the unit/gps have to

completely reboot or is there a delay so you can just continue on with map still onscreen.

Thanks

I have never tried this - I will give it a go and let you know

I know the GPS restarts remembering your destination when you turn the power off during a break in the trip etc.

Thanks mate. I know that some systems require a full reboot/startup, where others won't lose anything if you are just doing an engine restart and whats on screen stays on screen.

Same for instance if you had the radio or ipod screen up, pain if it reboots the whole unit just restarting engine.

regards

I checked this and the unit stays on when you restart the engine.

Excellent mate, appreciate the update. Last couple of things if you dont mind. Is there independant volume for different sources. For instance say you are

listening to the radio at low volume and a call comes in through the bluetooth, will it come through at the same low volume, or can you have bluetooth volume set a

bit louder?

And can't remember if I asked this previously, but how does the lcd screen perform in daytime driving. I have seen some lcds in cars completely wash out even with

non direct sunlight, while others handle sun and reflections much better. Same at night some dim nicely and dont distract, while others stay way to bright even

with dimmer activated and annoy.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Edited by wilsact

Hi ,

sorry for late reply

we are upgrading info because of the upgrades

regards

George

Hi ,

Yes this unit will fit your model Kluger

please contact me at sales@easyparkaustralia.com.au for more information

Regards

George

Hi George, I can't find the FlyAudio units for the Kluger on your website?

Does anyone know how much these are? Anyone?

[/quote

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply

We have had a complete upgrade on our server for Emails and it has been down for a week or so

The price with The hazard switch $1799 + 30 freight and Insurance

Regards

George

0418 781 220

Easy Park Australia

Excellent mate, appreciate the update. Last couple of things if you dont mind. Is there independant volume for different sources. For instance say you are

listening to the radio at low volume and a call comes in through the bluetooth, will it come through at the same low volume, or can you have bluetooth volume set a

bit louder?

And can't remember if I asked this previously, but how does the lcd screen perform in daytime driving. I have seen some lcds in cars completely wash out even with

non direct sunlight, while others handle sun and reflections much better. Same at night some dim nicely and dont distract, while others stay way to bright even

with dimmer activated and annoy.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Is there independant volume for different sources?

Yes - you can set the sound for the hands free phone at a different level than the radio. There is also an option for the master volume to reset at restart. So if you have the volume up real loud on the way home at night - it does scare the hell out of you the next morning when you head out for something to feed your hangover :P

How does the lcd screen perform in daytime driving?

There are three levels of screen brightness shown on the main menu - but if the sun is shining directly on the screen it does washout. This doesn't happen that often and you don't drive around looking at the screen all the time.

I haven't noticed this is a particular problem - the screen has a matte finish and doesn't pick up every reflection.

Same at night some dim nicely and dont distract, while others stay way to bright even

with dimmer activated and annoy?

Its similar to the small trip computer screen in brightness at night, but when you turn on the lights it automatically dims to the night setting.

Its a big screen so you definitely need the dark night maps on the navigation software, but the audio menus are mostly black so it isn't a problem.

I have nothing to compare it to - but I haven't had anyone get in the car at night and say it was too bright.

The other thing I like about it, I forgot to mention in the earlier post, was that the quality of the sound is much better than the KXS OEM unit it replaces. I don't drive on many long trips - I only work 5kms from home - so it isn't until I go for road trip that I appreciate the sound quality. The only thing I would add is a small under-seat sub - it has an output for this.

The steering wheel controls also work very well - volume changes fast and iPod songs or radio stations change with the < & > buttons. The 'mode' button changes between ipod, radio, dvd etc. The integration with the car is seamless.

Hi All

Been doing somne rersearch a keeping in mind the poor bloke who got burnt on ebay with sat nav system for the Kluger (Pay per view)

Anyway i found another seller on fleabay from Melbourne TOYOTA GPS NAVIGATION KLUGER LANDCRUISER TARAGO AVENSIS (#250654645246)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250654645246&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Can any of you experienced gurus tell me if this is a good buy at around $600?

I understand the Fly Audio would be more superior but at $1799 i am just comparing with price?

Your Thoughts?

Edited by mredy70

Hi ,

you can not compare the fly Audio with that link

Its like comparing apples and oranges

That unit is only a head unit not a full facia system with a $240 toyota hazzard switch

Second no Tax invoice ( No GST )

Third Not upgradable Maps what do you do when you want an upgrade ?

The Fly Audio the Same Shape as That is the 7523 $1499

I hope this Helps

Regards

plug n play

Hi ,

you can not compare the fly Audio with that link

Its like comparing apples and oranges

That unit is only a head unit not a full facia system with a $240 toyota hazzard switch

Second no Tax invoice ( No GST )

Third Not upgradable Maps what do you do when you want an upgrade ?

The Fly Audio the Same Shape as That is the 7523 $1499

I hope this Helps

Regards

plug n play

Plug n Play

Thank you for your input,it does help

what do you mean on the no GST subject and the $240 hazard button? bit confused there.

I will most probably look at getting the Fly system, but just wanted to se what was out there.

Cheers

mreidy70

Hi ,

The People at the link you posted will not provide a Tax Invoice Like our Company

The Hazzard switch is not required for the model you listed this Means $240 less cost for both customer and seller

Thanks

Plug n play

Hi Plug n play,

Can I just confirm that the new unit is NOT compatible with iphone 3gs for the bluetooth phonebook function.

I have been trying to track down a unit that will allow incoming caller id (name and number) for iphone 3gs, and phonebook to make outgoing calls.

I think you sent me an email a while back, but I must have accidently deleted it, and not sure if you were able to test this yet.

cheers

Hi Plug n play,

Can I just confirm that the new unit is NOT compatible with iphone 3gs for the bluetooth phonebook function.

I have been trying to track down a unit that will allow incoming caller id (name and number) for iphone 3gs, and phonebook to make outgoing calls.

I think you sent me an email a while back, but I must have accidently deleted it, and not sure if you were able to test this yet.

cheers

Yes that would be handy as i am now probably going to purchase this system, and would like to know if it is compataible with iPhone 3Gs?

Cheers

Hi ,

The Iphone compatability is limited

Works perfect with bluetoth (however the upload phone book has a code of numbers instead of name followed by phone number )

However it will keep the last 15 numbers dialled and 15 received these can be used as short cut to making calls

Iphone works great as Ipod and charges as well

There are no other phones that have a compatability issue they work fast and accurate

I have to point out that most Audio manufacturers are experiencing the same issues with Iphone Being from Apple and not a windows Platform

I hope this helps

Plug n Play

Oh thats a bummer hey. Not to worry, thanks for letting us know.

I really need a unit that will display name and number of incoming calls with iphone 3gs, so guess will have to wait for a future model. I am sure they are working on a fix with every 2nd phone being an iphone these days:) I think my parents garmin does phonebook transfer with their iphone so will check this and advise.

Please keep us posted if anything changes plugnplay. Appreciate your (and others) help on the forum greatly.

cheers

Hi Plug n play,

cheers

Yes that would be handy as i am now probably going to purchase this system, and would like to know if it is compataible with iPhone 3Gs?

Cheers

Hi ,

Hi

just an update to the Iphone 3GS if you do the latest upgrade on the phone the Phone book works perfectly

Regards

George

Oh thats a bummer hey. Not to worry, thanks for letting us know.

I really need a unit that will display name and number of incoming calls with iphone 3gs, so guess will have to wait for a future model. I am sure they are working on a fix with every 2nd phone being an iphone these days:) I think my parents garmin does phonebook transfer with their iphone so will check this and advise.

Please keep us posted if anything changes plugnplay. Appreciate your (and others) help on the forum greatly.

cheers

Hi

Great news ! !

just an update to the Iphone 3GS if you do the latest upgrade on the phone the Phone book works perfectly

Regards

George

yahoo.gif Unit received, looking forward to an exciting weekend installing it.yahoo.gif

Calichin

I am sure you will be fine - but feel free to give me a call if you need any advice.

Kind regards

Hado

Calichin

I am sure you will be fine - but feel free to give me a call if you need any advice.

Kind regards

Hado

Hi Hado,

Thanks, I would contact you but I lost ur details, and for some reason I can't PM or send messages through the forum. Can you PM or email me with your details?

I will have a go, but if I get stuck I'll need help!

Cheers

Calichin

yahoo.gif Unit installed, all working yahoo.gif , just a few questions regarding some connections. Will seek help tomorrow.

BTW,

phonebook sync with iphone works ok

bluetooth also tested and working

GPS working (iGO)

DVD working

USB with MP3 & videos working

steering wheel controls working. Will test phone tomorrow.

Calichin