Fly Audio GPS DVD Install

Hado

Awesome.

When you get a chance, could you possibly post some pictures. I know most of the design is the same as Hado's unit, but would be great to see some screen pictures of the phonebook section etc. Much appreciated.

I'm close to buying as well:)

Cheers and enjoy!!

Edited by wilsact

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Just a quick question Hado or George.

If you stop the engine with gps map on screen, but leave power running in acc position (like at a service station etc) what happens when you restart the engine. Does the unit/gps have to

completely reboot or is there a delay so you can just continue on with map still onscreen.

Thanks

I have never tried this - I will give it a go and let you know

I know the GPS restarts remembering your destination when you turn the power off during a break in the trip etc.

Thanks mate. I know that some systems require a full reboot/startup, where others won't lose anything if you are just doing an engine restart and whats on screen stays on screen.

Same for instance if you had the radio or ipod screen up, pain if it reboots the whole unit just restarting engine.

regards

I checked this and the unit stays on when you restart the engine.

Hi guys,

Have received and installed my flyaudio unit (thanks for install guide Hado, and quick delivery George.) Overall an excellent unit, seems very high quality with great features.

Just one thing that I was hoping for some help with. With my unit everytime you restart the car, it reboots the whole unit. (i.e has to run through the white Toyota logo, and restart whole unit even if you left the car on accessory). Seem's strange as the unit does stay on for a few moments when you switch the car off completely, so seem's like it is designed to not reboot the entire system if just starting the engine again from accesory position. Has this changed on the new unit's George, as Hado advised his unit didn't reboot from accessory. I just hooked it up as per Hado's guide, with just the plug and play cables.

This is a major pain if you have the gps map running, as it then has to restart after the unit finishes it's reboot.

I have double checked my connections, and settings in the unit but can't seem to find what the issue is. Any advice much appreciated:) Overall very happy with the unit. Screen is excellent in day driving and resist's sun much better then most unit's I have seen (though maybe just slightly too bright even in the dark position at night, but no biggie. It is bearable, and with night map running not an issue at all!

The bluetooth, ipod, radio etc are all very very good. The unit is very high quality, and works very fast. If I could just work out the reboot issue when restarting the engine from accessory would be very very happy with this purchase.

Cheers

Edit: Just thought of one more thing. When I am in navigation mode with the radio playing, the radio doesn't stop when a direction is read out, or fade out. Meaning that to make the directions loud enough I have to have the volume turned up heaps, or have trouble hearing directions. (I have igo8 volumes set as maximum!) Is this the way I have the igo8 sys setup, or is the unit responsible for muting/fading the radio?

thanks again

Edited by wilsact

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

<bump>

Also interested if the Flyaudio unit is still a good one to get.

I don't like the interface/skin too much though.. can this be changed?

Dylan.

Just wondering if this is still the unit of choice..... I know you get what you pay for etc, but $1700 Vs $500 is a saving...

Just wondered if the latest eBay units are better etc...

John

Hi,

I installed this flyaudio unit when I bought the car. So far (it's being 3 years), it has worked fine. I think once or twice the SD card was damaged, but I keep a backup on my PC, and a spare card in the glove compartment just in case.

But these days, if I were to get an aftermarket, I'd look into an Android based device. A lot more flexibility and options not only for maps, but for players and media.

I initially used it for playing videos for the kid, and I'm a heavy user of maps, but now we have a cheap tablet for the kid for videos, and we use the unit mainly for maps and music. Still think an android one would be better.

The thing I like the most is that it looks like an OEM unit, not like the one that came with.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

Reviving an old thread I know, but can anyone confirm if these units will fit a Grande?

I'm looking at a 2012-2013 Grande for the Mrs and need to know if I can replace the outdated factory system with something more up to date without having to use one of those ugly fascia kits.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JC