Hilux collision repair info required

vxberwag

I have purchased a 2005 Hilux Cab chassis which has some damage to the LH front end of the chassis. This vehicle is listed on the repairable write off register here in Victoria so once repaired when must go through a VIV inspection prior to being reregistered. Part of the inspection process is to verify that the vehicle has been repaired in accordance with the Toyota's recommendation. The chassis parts are available from Toyota but I cannot find out anything about how Toyota recommends doing the repair.

Toyota spare are telling me that the body repair manuals are not available

Can any one help?

Ross-Eltham Victoria

Toyota should have a collisions repair manual, but as to whether they can let you access this is a completely different story. Usually they don't disclose stuff like this to everyone. Sometimes it helps if you know some of the people at your local dealership really well.

Sorry I can't help you out with this one. Just letting you know that they should be out there. If you were asking about a Camry or Aurion repair manual though, I'd have just the right document for you.

Toyota should have a collisions repair manual, but as to whether they can let you access this is a completely different story. Usually they don't disclose stuff like this to everyone. Sometimes it helps if you know some of the people at your local dealership really well.

Sorry I can't help you out with this one. Just letting you know that they should be out there. If you were asking about a Camry or Aurion repair manual though, I'd have just the right document for you.

I have been to 3 Dealers and 2 of those had Toyota Aurotorised body shops and they did not have the info. Spares are telling me that the collision repair manual is out of print.

• 2 weeks later...

Well contacted Toyota Service assist and they tracked down a Hilux collision repair manual which I ordered at a cost of $300. Probably have the only one in Australia. The manual has lots of dimensions but no information about welding on the chassis. So still none the wiser just $300 poorer.