Why rocker cover gasket is being repaired.

A) That doesn't look like a rocker cover gasket leak, and is not near it in the first place and

B) Is it actually leaking. As in you see more and more oil pool there? That to me looks just like any ordinary oil spillage. Such as that from your previous issue, Oil is seeping :-(

As you can see the part I circled in red, my rocker cover is getting repaired by Toyota because of this oil leak. Where is it coming from though? I forgot to ask them when I was there few days ago.

94504826.jpg

54165979.jpg

tttcp.jpg

That leak does not appear to be coming from that switch, it looks more like someone didn't clean up properly after last oil change, notice the clean strip between the stain and the oil cap, it only takes a little oil left behind, and gets a bit of dust mixed in. just an observation.

That leak does not appear to be coming from that switch, it looks more like someone didn't clean up properly after last oil change, notice the clean strip between the stain and the oil cap, it only takes a little oil left behind, and gets a bit of dust mixed in. just an observation.

And compared with previous photo that he took, you can see it wasn't cleaned thoroughly therefore allowing dirt the chance to stick:

fgfa.jpg

No no, I actually cleaned it very well about 3 days ago. I used degreaser and window cleaner and a micro fibre cloth to clean it off, I've cleaned that spot about 5 times until I eventually came to the conclusion oil is coming from somewhere which is when I told Toyota.

So it has been wiped off plenty of times and the last time I did was 3 days ago and its the same again.

Edited by unique

And compared with previous photo that he took, you can see it wasn't cleaned thoroughly therefore allowing dirt the chance to stick:

fgfa.jpg

When I took my Aurion in to get the VVT-i oil line changed they replaced my cap. As you can see in the new pictures no more leaking oil from around the cap.

No no, I actually cleaned it very well about 3 days ago. I used degreaser and window cleaner and a micro fibre cloth to clean it off, I've cleaned that spot about 5 times until I eventually came to the conclusion oil is coming from somewhere which is when I told Toyota.

So it has been wiped off plenty of times and the last time I did was 3 days ago and its the same again.

will be very interested in where it is coming from. Just had a look at mine, there is a spot in the base of that switch where the oil may be seeping, it may just need a new gasket or sealant whatever they use to fix it.

Edited by scootastaxisx6

When I took my Aurion in to get the VVT-i oil line changed they replaced my cap. As you can see in the new pictures no more leaking oil from around the cap.

I wasn't pointing to the oil around the cap. I know that issue was resolved. I was just using that picture because you can clearly see that the one spot that was remaining which you have indicated in this post is the exact same shape as the previous one.

Anyways, that leak would appear to be more likely originating from the Bank 2 Intake Side VVT Sensor which is the thing directly above the leak. The rocker cover gasket is way lower than that so I wouldn't imagine that being the issue. I'm not sure though if the underside of that VVT sensor is exposed to oil however.

will be very interested in where it is coming from. Just had a look at mine, there is a spot in the base of that switch where the oil may be seeping, it may just need a new gasket or sealant whatever they use to fix it.

Yours too? Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if I uncovered another fault in Aurions. :lol:

I wasn't pointing to the oil around the cap. I know that issue was resolved. I was just using that picture because you can clearly see that the one spot that was remaining which you have indicated in this post is the exact same shape as the previous one.

Anyways, that leak would appear to be more likely originating from the Bank 2 Intake Side VVT Sensor which is the thing directly above the leak. The rocker cover gasket is way lower than that so I wouldn't imagine that being the issue. I'm not sure though if the underside of that VVT sensor is exposed to oil however.

Yeah I was wondering too if that sensor is exposed to oil. Will have to see, if Toyota said its the gasket I wonder if they know this is a problem?

But hey, won't kill to get my gasket repaired/changed. The cars has done 60,000KM and a fresh parts would add much more life and I won't have to change it or fix it any time in the future for a long time. :D