Theres a bullfly in my dash

You know how when you put the ignition on to the ON position and the check engine light comes on for couple of seconds? Well this morning when I started my car I looked down and seen something obscuring it, so I grabbed my flash light from my glove box and looked inside and its a stupid bull fly smack bang in front of the check engine light.

How can I get that clear plastic off to gain access in there to get the fly out? I know there are those two screws on top, after taking them out is it easy to remove that black surrounding case?

I'm just hoping that the clear plastic is not somehow glued onto the housing or anything and can pop out or screw out.

Damn, that fly must have some great skills. LOL.

Anyways, to get to the dash cluster to remove it, the process is relatively simple. Unfortunately I'm not good with written instructions and I don't have any photos, but this guide for the American Gen 6 Camry will give you an idea. Just reverse everything.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showpost...mp;postcount=25

I'm not sure as I haven't removed it myself (Steven can respond to the following though), but you may be able to skip steps 1 to 3 and just get straight to the trim around the dash cluster.

following that link, steps 3 to 7 are all you need to follow to remove the cluster. Once out, the front clear plastic just unclips from around the cluster itself,which will get you access to the gauges themselves. All up will take you about 5 minutes tops.

following that link, steps 3 to 7 are all you need to follow to remove the cluster. Once out, the front clear plastic just unclips from around the cluster itself,which will get you access to the gauges themselves. All up will take you about 5 minutes tops.

Thanks man, it might be a 5 minute thing for you but that looks diffucult. I'm not good at pulling things apart and putting them back together. I'm that type that will have more bolts and screws left over :lol:

But I think I will have to live it for now until I find the guts to do it, will keep this thread in mind for future reference, thanks for that link djk.

Yes guys, let the cheesy jokes commence, haha.

Edited by unique

If it's any consolation I too had a blowfly in my dash behind the perspex window for years in my previous car. It used to drive me nuts until I learned to ignore it. We had the car for 15 years and the blowfly was still there when we sold the car! BTW, I'm like you and wasn't confident enough to take the dash apart to remove the blowfly.... plus we didn't have the internet and forums like this back then so I was on my own with no one to ask for help!

Give your blowfly a pet name and adopt him like we did with our blowie... :lol::lol::lol:

If it's any consolation I too had a blowfly in my dash behind the perspex window for years in my previous car. It used to drive me nuts until I learned to ignore it. We had the car for 15 years and the blowfly was still there when we sold the car! BTW, I'm like you and wasn't confident enough to take the dash apart to remove the blowfly.... plus we didn't have the internet and forums like this back then so I was on my own with no one to ask for help!

Give your blowfly a pet name and adopt him like we did with our blowie... :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, thats cute. I think I'll do the same :P

I'm that type that will have more bolts and screws left over :lol:

LOL i know that feeling all too well... when I pulled apart my old Magna to fix some rust, I had like a jar of screws and bolts left over. Looking over the car though, I have no idea where they came from as I can't find any missing! Surprisingly the car feels no different even missing so many haha

Maybe some day it will just fall apart into pieces without warning haha

funny thing, I have had what looks like a flying brown ant in my cluster ever since I bought the car from glen waverly (melb) I hope it wasn't a quarrantine risk bringing it to tassie. LOL

Edited by scootastaxisx6

I'm that type that will have more bolts and screws left over :lol:

LOL i know that feeling all too well... when I pulled apart my old Magna to fix some rust, I had like a jar of screws and bolts left over. Looking over the car though, I have no idea where they came from as I can't find any missing! Surprisingly the car feels no different even missing so many haha

Maybe some day it will just fall apart into pieces without warning haha

haha, hopefully not. :P