Bigger wheels, 20 and 22's

Blackkluger

• 1 month later...

Anyone got pics of their pride and joy wearing bigger wheels, please also let us know the dimentions, ie tyre size.

I would also appreciate some photos . I'm having a hard time trying to pick some 22 inch chromies for our new Kluger coming in two weeks. Having sidesteps and a nudge bar fitted and chromies would just finish it of. Any website suggestions would be great.

• 1 month later...

i saw a black kluger with 19" rims down at jumpinpin on the weekend, and the reason his/her car caught my eye was it was also lowered maybe 50mm, possibly more.

big wheels look better if they are hugging some guard

whitestivo

• 1 month later...

Anyone got pics of their pride and joy wearing bigger wheels, please also let us know the dimentions, ie tyre size.

Blackkluger I have finally got around to taking some photos of our pride and joy with the new wheels and tyres.The tyres are Kumhos 265/40R/22 and don't compromise the driving performance of the car at all. If anything the driving and cornering is better than when the original bridgestones were on it.The car tends to hug the corners much better probably because of less distortion of the tyre when cornering.Hope you like them. post-17758-127601525832_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601529513_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601531723_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601534624_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601536428_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601538565_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601540274_thumb.jpgpost-17758-127601544183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryanocer

Looks fantastic - Do you find the wear on the front wheels to be ok? Ive got factory 19' and the outside front wear like nothing i've had before.

Ive been told by some dealers bigger wheels would improve it as less flex in sidewall, others say worse as larger footprint....what are your experiences?

Too soon to tell have only had the new tyres on for a few weeks. Will probably be able to tell you after we've done a few more km's but from the way the car drives and the minimal roll you get when cornering I'd say the front tyres should wear quite well.

theres the difference, i had the new 19' fresh rubber on and even in 2 weeks i could see the feathering starting on the outside edge already.

Even in shop carparts i take notice of other 19 kluger tyre wear, some were ok but most have the severe wear i experience, wish toyota would fix the issue(which apparently is acceptable in metre driving according to them)!

I drove my old car much harder and never ever had this issue, and its not as if i can push this beast around corners without understeer anyway lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Try to get a 22" wheel for my Kluger, can anyone see a problem if I fit 265x35x22 tyre with 102v load rating. Was told by the seller that I have to know the fact of tyre is lower by 6mm and load rating is down by 25kg.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi there,

Try to get a 22" wheel for my Kluger, can anyone see a problem if I fit 265x35x22 tyre with 102v load rating. Was told by the seller that I have to know the fact of tyre is lower by 6mm and load rating is down by 25kg.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

If you are in NSW it's OK to change the rolling diameter and speed rating slightly - but NOT OK to fit tyres with a lower load rating that that stated on the tyre placard. All NSW RTA info is here. Not sure about other states. Hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found a higher load rating tyre 285x35x22 and try to fit to 22x9.0 ET45 wheels. Tyre dealer is concerned about the rear strut with the this wheel offset. Can anyone give me an advice on this.

PS: Freddie Kluger, what offset is your wheels??

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Finally I have got my 22" wheel fitted with 285x35x22 tyre, 45 offset won't fit so have to go with another wheels with 35 offset.

Attached are the pics of my new wheels :D . Also I am also selling my OEM wheels, if anyone interested go visit my ebay site "http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170537259821&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT".

Cheers,

post-19853-128437165721_thumb.jpg

post-19853-128437169672_thumb.jpg

post-19853-128437176629_thumb.jpg

post-19853-128437179476_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i'm a noobie to the site and this being my first post and all i'd like to know where you guys found your wheels ? i searched around the net and cant seem to find anything. Also how much is a set of 22" wheels and tyres going to cost me

We hope to pick up our Kluger the next couple days, only a 2nd hand job but in good condition and it's a 2007 model

• 1 month later...

I found my wheels and tyres on the tempe tyres web site and had them freighted over to Perth. I know a lot of people on these forums bag the hell out of these guys but I've had no problems with my wheels or tyres to date touch wood.The prices are very reasonable especially if you buy a tyre and wheel package.When they arrived I just had the guys from Ian Diffen fit them on and it wasn't a great expense to swap them around. Just be careful however and check what difference it will make to your insurance premium.Some insurance companies won't cover you at all with such modifications and you could find yourself having to change insurance companies like I had to.If you get frustrated checking on insurance quotes send me a message on my members profile. I spent two days on the net and on phones trying to get the best deal and in the end I did.

hi

i'm a noobie to the site and this being my first post and all i'd like to know where you guys found your wheels ? i searched around the net and cant seem to find anything. Also how much is a set of 22" wheels and tyres going to cost me

We hope to pick up our Kluger the next couple days, only a 2nd hand job but in good condition and it's a 2007 model

Sorry attached my reply to the wrong post.Check this topic for my full reply

• 10 years later...

Hi Kluger Owners,

Here's my Toyota Kluger KXR 2013

- 245/35Z/R22. Planning to change tire soon. Any suggestion will do. Thanks 

- 12.1 Android tesla head unit. 

20210713_144935.jpg

20210714_165139.jpg

20210716_224753.jpg

20210716_225123.jpg

20210716_224903.jpg

Edited by julius0511