Nankang Tyres

mick0082

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a set of the nankang NS1's on old corolla 205/40/r17

tyres had plenty of grip, seemed very good for the price.

only thing i found with them is they wore out really quickly, 10,000km and they were wearing unevenly even though i had about a billion wheel alightments.

was almost up for new tyres then

all in all great tyre for the price

Edited by darkeh

only thing i found with them is they wore out really quickly, 10,000km and they were wearing unevenly even though i had about a billion wheel alightments.

10,000km is very soon. Any other nankang tyre users been able to get more mileage out of them? How about kuhmos? I've read people saying some good stuff about them on this forum but no one using them? :(

Seems like nankangs and kuhmos are the only ones with the 205/40/17 specs in my budget now. I just lost a bid for Good Year f1 GS-D2's on ebay... they went for $485 for a set of 4 new ones. I'm so mad!!! :angry::angry::angry: I just learnt how to use the maximum bidding thing... *** :lol:

Edited by BigBum

10,000km is very soon. Any other nankang tyre users been able to get more mileage out of them? How about kuhmos? I've read people saying some good stuff about them on this forum but no one using them? :(

Seems like nankangs and kuhmos are the only ones with the 205/40/17 specs in my budget now. I just lost a bid for Good Year f1 GS-D2's on ebay... they went for $485 for a set of 4 new ones. I'm so mad!!! :angry::angry::angry: I just learnt how to use the maximum bidding thing... *** :lol:

lol brandon ... ebay

:P

Edited by gOODbOYz

lol brendon ... ebay

it's BRANDON! :angry: lol. JOHNNY! :P

What's wrong with ebay eh?! some good stuff on there ;) ;) ;) And those tyres were in Melbourne for pickup too so i didn't have to pay for shipping costs. I got quoted almost $1000 for them at the shops. foikwehfiusehfaskjfakjhfa :angry:

lol brendon ... ebay

it's BRANDON! :angry: lol. JOHNNY! :P

What's wrong with ebay eh?! some good stuff on there ;) ;) ;) And those tyres were in Melbourne for pickup too so i didn't have to pay for shipping costs. I got quoted almost $1000 for them at the shops. foikwehfiusehfaskjfakjhfa :angry:

Did i type something wrong? lol i dont see it haha

yeah ebay is good.. i think im gonna search for some tyres for myself.. :rolleyes:

my last set of nankangs lasted 4000km before the tread delaminated...  Would never put them on a car of mine ever again.

u serious? wat size tyres were you running? were they stock wheels?

not very good to hear !!! :o

Have a look at Fulda tyres. Made by bridgestone and have tyre sizes 215/40/17 and 215/40/17 in the correct load rating,AA traction rating, 280 Degree temp rating, a big rim protector, Silica compound in the tread surface and most of all A pretty good price.

my last set of nankangs lasted 4000km before the tread delaminated...  Would never put them on a car of mine ever again.

u serious? wat size tyres were you running? were they stock wheels?

not very good to hear !!! :o

Yes, 205-50-15's, piece of crap tyres.

Have a look at Fulda tyres. Made by bridgestone and have tyre sizes 215/40/17 and 215/40/17 in the correct load rating,AA traction rating, 280 Degree temp rating, a big rim protector, Silica compound in the tread surface and most of all A pretty good price.

I will have a look this week b4 i make up my mind...

bloody tyres are so deer... 300-500 each ... like a whole bloody weeks work for 1 tyre .. geeze :unsure:

How about kuhmos? I've read people saying some good stuff about them on this forum but no one using them?  :(

Hey bigbum im currently running on kumhos ecsta 712's

http://www.kumho.com.au/showtyre.pip?id=88

pretty good no complaints thus far....

awesome xoomy....! how many kms have you got out of them and much tread left?

ill b purchasing these tyres next week ... ill let you know the outcome of it.

$160 each tyre  :lol:

big difference to falkens ... $260 each ... n falkens arent even the best!

$160 each? which ones? nankang 215/35/18 ??? best price i've seen for them is $195 each.

$160 each? which ones? nankang 215/35/18 ??? best price i've seen for them is $195 each.

yeah not even 160 ... $159 each at the tyre factory and wheel alignment included... :blink:

Your right, Falkens arent the best but they are miles in front of the Nankangs your looking at getting.

I ended up buying a set of Falken ZE512's (225/35/18) and couldnt be happier. I have a friend with a set of Nankang NS1's and yes...under 10,000km's on the clock, they're delaminating also.

I realise the Falkens I have chosen arent as good as some of the rubber other guys have here but they are a quality Japanese tyre at a decent price ($240ea). To me its worth the extra $320 for the set.

Do the math, $320 isnt much over the life of your tyres. Its not like your buying them every week.....but then again with Nankangs, you might have to......

Sorry, this isnt a "pick on Nankang owners" entry, just feel if your bothering to go to an 18 (as was my case), you should be prepared to cough up the bikkies and do it right!

Your right, Falkens arent the best but they are miles in front of the Nankangs your looking at getting.

I ended up buying a set of Falken ZE512's (225/35/18) and couldnt be happier. I have a friend with a set of Nankang NS1's and yes...under 10,000km's on the clock, they're delaminating also.

I realise the Falkens I have chosen arent as good as some of the rubber other guys have here but they are a quality Japanese tyre at a decent price ($240ea). To me its worth the extra $320 for the set.

Do the math, $320 isnt much over the life of your tyres. Its not like your buying them every week.....but then again with Nankangs, you might have to......

Sorry, this isnt a "pick on Nankang owners" entry, just feel if your bothering to go to an 18 (as was my case), you should be prepared to cough up the bikkies and do it right!

yeah true that i will shop around this weekend hopefully i can purchase some other good brands... worse comes to worse ill just steal BigBums wheels :lol:

*shhhhh*

awesome xoomy....! how many kms have you got out of them and much tread left?

So far 4000km's as i just got them ;) ;) ;) still appear brand new

I've rang around the other day inquring about Nankang tires and they had told me that these tires are not rotatable and that it weighs more den all the other brands. So guys beware... <_< ... Falkens is the next brand up for quality and pricing.

• 4 weeks later...
I've rang around the other day inquring about Nankang tires and they had told me that these tires are not rotatable and that it weighs more den all the other brands. So guys beware...  <_<  ... Falkens is the next brand up for quality and pricing.

I really dont think that Falkens are the next rung up the ladder from Nankangs. In my opinion the Falkens would be a few rungs up the ladder.

Dont forget you have Kuhmo and other Korean/Taiwanese/Chinese brands before you get into the Japanese stuff!

Nothing wrong with Kumho... in fact if rumours are corrent we mat see them in F1 before too long...

Not saying theres anything wrong with Kumho, no arguements there!

Just saying that in this particular market segment they would definately be better than Nankang but maybe not quite as good as Falkens. I knew a couple of people that had issues with some Ecsta 712's wearing unevenly and these instances were on well maintained vehicles (regularly rotated, aligned, correct camber etc.)

Well, Big bum, like I told ya!

Go for the Hancook K104s man! Good tyre for the price! I paid 165 each for mine.

and don't worry about the load rating man! I'll even lend u my glove box sticker!

no man, i can't go for those. :P though good choice for you and your style of driving.

imma have to go with the Toyo's 205/45/17 91W. Less grippy, but a more long lasting tyre.