ZRE 17"

Ascendant Rice

Hi im planning to get some 17" rims and was wondering what tyre size does the zre take that doesnt throw off the speedo. Also what range of offsets can the zre use?

Thanks,Will

215/45/17 i think it is, with 45+ offset... i think thats wot johns running...

Hi im planning to get some 17" rims and was wondering what tyre size does the zre take that doesnt throw off the speedo. Also what range of offsets can the zre use?

Thanks,Will

This was something I was going to ask.... Beat me to it.

Which rims are you planning to buy? :)

John

Thanks,Will

This was something I was going to ask.... Beat me to it.

Which rims are you planning to buy? :)

John

Lenso Project D-01

d-01-dr.jpg

I will add to this thread what I have done to other threads with the same question. If you want to find the effects it will have on your speedo etc, use an online calculator like the following. This allows you to compare multiple tire/wheel sizes to help choose the right one:

1010 Tires: Tire Size Calculator

I will add to this thread what I have done to other threads with the same question. If you want to find the effects it will have on your speedo etc, use an online calculator like the following. This allows you to compare multiple tire/wheel sizes to help choose the right one:

1010 Tires: Tire Size Calculator

I use THIS calculator for all my tyre and wheels purchases as it has an offset calculator as well and it has been very accurate so far, provided you input the correct data.

• 1 month later...

Hey Pete,

From my limited knowledge, I think 205/40's on 18x8 should be fine (stretching), just the +45 offset might be the problem with scrubbing on the front wheels. Because at the moment, I'm running 225/45's on 17x8 et38 and can scrub the front if I do a U-turn too hard.

Let's wait for the tyre experts have to say.. :)

Peter.

Cheers Dwee,

Well i bit the bullet, and couldnt make the choice, so i ended up getting two sets! Work Euroline 18X8 et45 and Work Euroline NT09 18X8 et35.

NT09 (et38):

u_b_001-img600x450-1260799781r7wh3y40564.jpg

Euroline (et45):

600x450-2010030900007.jpg

Nice choice for VIP inspired stylie!

Now for the stretch!

Why did you take with ET45? I believe it's original offset which ZRE's original rims have? Too much inside the wheel arches...

Does the wheel stretching make any difference? I mean they look better, but is there anything good besides usually cheaper price? I believe that with 225 you'd get better stability than with 205, even they're stretched?

Best regards, Alex

Why did you take with ET45? I believe it's original offset which ZRE's original rims have? Too much inside the wheel arches...

With the extra width of the rim, it wont be so bad, i understand. But, i can always run spacers to get exact fit. I just couldnt make up my mind!

I havent settled on 205's, could go 215 or 225 but yes, i want the stretched look :)

Would love to see some pics of how the streched tyres look, as the rims are actually same as mine. Not sure if I'm willing to stretch my next set as I don't want to compromise the width...

Best regards, Alex

Well, i pulled my bid on the Euroline et45. :( i didnt want to end up with weird offset that would need weird sized spacers. 15mm is normally the smallest bolt on, and im not to keen on slip ons.

So, i have missed out on those fine rims, but i am very happy with my NT09's. Nice rims they are... hopefully will be here in a week or so :yahoo:

Well, i pulled my bid on the Euroline et45. :( i didnt want to end up with weird offset that would need weird sized spacers. 15mm is normally the smallest bolt on, and im not to keen on slip ons.

So, i have missed out on those fine rims, but i am very happy with my NT09's. Nice rims they are... hopefully will be here in a week or so :yahoo:

I would prefer the NT09's! :)

Can't wait to see them on. But I'm a little confused what offset they are in your post..are they 35 or 38? Either way, won't be much difference - 38 would be like mine and 35 will just stick a little more out. :D

Peter.

Cheers Dwee,

Well i bit the bullet, and couldnt make the choice, so i ended up getting two sets! Work Euroline 18X8 et45 and Work Euroline NT09 18X8 et35.

NT09 (et38):

u_b_001-img600x450-1260799781r7wh3y40564.jpg

Sorry for the confusion, the NT09's are ET38. 3mm off et35 :)

Should fit well, hows the front wheels sit on yours Alex? just flush?

Nice! If you want to know how et38 sits, click here. Can't wait to see how it looks! :)

Ah thanks :)

The front look spot on, the rear, well, maybe could go another 5-15mm out, ill see how it looks when the rims arrive, 15mm bolt on spacers for the rear might be the go if they can still fit... I guess i have to wait to see it in the flesh :ph34r: but i think 15mm might be too much..

Ah thanks :)

The front look spot on, the rear, well, maybe could go another 5-15mm out, ill see how it looks when the rims arrive, 15mm bolt on spacers for the rear might be the go if they can still fit... I guess i have to wait to see it in the flesh :ph34r: but i think 15mm might be too much..

My fronts are perfect but the rears could do with a bit more, i thought the track was different but its 1525mm F&R.

10mm max should be ideal, i had 5mm spacers on the rear of my old Corolla and you could spot the difference, but that was only to clear the strut. Looked better though

lol i fitted my friends Rota Grids 18x9.5 30+ offset with 235/40/18 stretched all round :) YUMMO! fits very nicely... the fronts i cambered in to fit... looked hot as :D ill borrow rims and pic u sometime