1963 toyota stout

erving

Hi i,m a new member and i have a 1963 toyota stoutand i,m looking for a clutch slave cylinder. I have the body but nothing else can i use a cylinder off a different type of toyota like a hilux or landcruiser? Erving.

Hi i,m a new member and i have a 1963 toyota stoutand i,m looking for a clutch slave cylinder. I have the body but nothing else can i use a cylinder off a different type of toyota like a hilux or landcruiser? Erving.

My tip - Try your local commercial Toyota dealership. For example... if you're in Adelaide then it would be CMI Toyota.

Not too sure if parts are interchangeable from other models but I expect they would be from something of that era. A dealership should be able to tell you.

Also........... please post pics of your Stout. :D

My tip - Try your local commercial Toyota dealership. For example... if you're in Adelaide then it would be CMI Toyota.

Not too sure if parts are interchangeable from other models but I expect they would be from something of that era. A dealership should be able to tell you.

Also........... please post pics of your Stout. :D

Hi thanks for that. Your stout is looking good is it a lite stout? I,ll put some pictures of mine on when i work out how to do it which will be soon i hope. Erving.

Yeh mine is a Lite-Stout but I never really say Lite-Stout because it makes it sound less manly ;)

Putting photo's up is fairly easy. Just need to have an account with a photo hosting site like Photobucket. It's free to sign up. You can then upload your pics onto there and then using the insert image button in the screen where you type a post for this thread you can put in the link to your pic to photobucket and magically your image will appear when you add your reply to the thread. Hope that helps.

Yeh mine is a Lite-Stout but I never really say Lite-Stout because it makes it sound less manly ;)

Putting photo's up is fairly easy. Just need to have an account with a photo hosting site like Photobucket. It's free to sign up. You can then upload your pics onto there and then using the insert image button in the screen where you type a post for this thread you can put in the link to your pic to photobucket and magically your image will appear when you add your reply to the thread. Hope that helps.

Cool mine is the one and a half ton it is the green that they came out in, in original condition my dad bought it about 40 years ago and he s deid so now i,m going to get it back on the road. It runs and all the electics work it,s just the brakes clutch and exhaust and the tray needs rebuilding. I also have 4 chevs 1 1927 roadster 1 1927 tourer 1 1930 tourer & 1 1952 sedan. The sedan is registered & the roadster was registered but i run out of money and it has run out. Thank you for the infro and i,ll have pics on soon as i can . Evan.

• 1 year later...

i have a 1962 and with most of the toyota R family the clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit is standard as it is only the casing that changes.

going back a few years ago i had a 1969 dyna truck "ex nullabor mail delivery" and i went to a place on the gold coast called global auto spares, the rebuild kit cost $5 and was the two rubbers, in and out and the alloy piston. the man said it was a very common kit as all hiace, hilux, and so on with the same size slave use the same kit