Water leak from Kluger

Matty P

Hi Guys,

Noticed after a long drive on the weekend that there was water dripping from under the Kluger - though a hole near the back of the engine undercover on the drivers side. It leaked enough to form a sizeable puddle and continued to drip slowly overnight.

Upon investigation I saw that it is coming from a hose that looks like some sort of overflow/releif hose that comes out of the firewall and ends above the hole.

Any ideas what it could be - I assume that it is something to do with the airconditioning (it was a very hot day)?

Anyone else noticed this? I have had cars drop a few drops when the aircon is running, but this was quite a lot.

Thanks.

I wonder why it leaks so much? Never had a car put out so much from aircon before and I've had plenty of Toyotas!

I think the manager at the hotel was rather unimpressed about the size of puddle I was leaving on his driveway :unsure:

I wonder why it leaks so much? Never had a car put out so much from aircon before and I've had plenty of Toyotas!

I think the manager at the hotel was rather unimpressed about the size of puddle I was leaving on his driveway :unsure:

With an interior so large it has its own postcode, there's no surprise the aircon condenses so much water. We have water running all the way out under the garage door after a run on a humid day. The aircon system must be an impressive thing!

Anyone else noticed this? I have had cars drop a few drops when the aircon is running, but this was quite a lot.

Thanks.

Yeah mine leaks quite a bit too. I think it`s perfectly normal. I must say that my Kluger has the best air conditioning of any of my cars beforehand. So perhaps the sizeable puddle is an indication of it`s performance.

Quick tip, if it looks and smells like clear water, then that`s all it could be from...the air conditioning. Or your windscreen washee bottle I suppose if it had a leak.

Yep, definitely the aircon. We were driving down the coast from Queensland during January on a hot day when outside temp went up to 42C, but we were perfectly cool inside. That's pretty impressive for a large car with dark (graphite) exterior. We too have left puddles on driveways. I just imagine it as a puddle of sweat that didn't end up in my clothes :)

Ken.