arc's Aurion SX6

arc

Thanks for the comments fellas, dont know if i will have the box carpeted by thursday night i thinking of doing something with the amps in the back got to sure yet.

Matt - the remote start im using is this one. Link

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will have to have a chat about this next time you're out on a Thursday. After about a day working on it, we managed to achieve very little. It's not the same one, but they're probably all equally as complicated.

Will have to have a chat about this next time you're out on a Thursday. After about a day working on it, we managed to achieve very little. It's not the same one, but they're probably all equally as complicated.

Sorry to threadjack, but you both have the bypass kit right? Without that, you will be going nowhere thanks to the imobiliser. Apart from that, everything else is quite straight forward.

Ash - Any particular reason why you are putting in a remote start?

Daryl - I had it in my previous car, pulled it out when i traded it in. has a few extra features like windows up down, tilt sensor, x3 sirens, x3 times aux switches.

matt - I havent look much into it yet as ive just been focusing on the stereo and getting that complete.

... you both have the bypass kit right? Without that, you will be going nowhere thanks to the imobiliser. Apart from that, everything else is quite straight forward.

This is for the Supra, not for my Aurion. Nonetheless, it's probably worthwhile looking into the immobiliser. Not sure if his car has one... And straight forward is not how I'd describe them. Finding wires then soldering onto them is easy enough, I'd agree. But not much fun when the car is a low, small and fiddly Supra!

Edited by mattmcd1

Hey Davo, Ride report came back positive fraction stiffer which you expect, first time i got in the car after being lowered it felt like i was sitting on the ground took me awhile to get used to that. they dont appear to have settled anymore.

Hey Davo, Ride report came back positive fraction stiffer which you expect, first time i got in the car after being lowered it felt like i was sitting on the ground took me awhile to get used to that. they dont appear to have settled anymore.

so kiss ride comfort goodbye?

doo the sportivos come with a stiffer shock set up compared to the atx?

Still got ride comfort i dont feel it as a rough ride.

I have no idea about the stiffer shocks.

Another Saturday = another update

A few members might have seen czaja74 post in for sale forum selling his K&N intake, Its now sitting in my engine bay :yahoo: Took roughly 30 - 40 mins to isntall.

386509969.jpg

386509951.jpg

386509938.jpg

Also got a chance to wrap sub box in some carpet.

386510022.jpg

Fire extinguisher mounted to comply with sound off rules.

386510008.jpg

Just a carpet trim piece to cover the white paint that was there made it look unfinished.

386509986.jpg

I like the red fire extinguisher.

What is that big black round thing with concentric circles with carpeting around it...i don't like it. blink.gif

I know :P

havnt actually had it going yet as i havnt swapped the fronts over yet. With the processor box i have i have to connect 3 plugs upto headunit flick 2 switches under the unit it self to swap to external processor and once i do that none of the speakers will work unless they are run off amp.

lookin good mate, can't wait to see it in person. Coming to this Thursday's meet?

Adding that extra piece of carpet up top really finishes it off, can't believe they'd leave it bare from factory.

Thanks mate i'll be there on Thursday night i was abit disappointed i couldnt make it last thursday to the car wash meet got stuck at home with the young fella and yes that carpet piece does make a difference cant believe they would leave it unfinished.

Should also have my sub grill fited by then to.

Edited by arc

looks great!!! inspires me to get something similar done to mine, as i just have the boring ol sub box fitted in the centre of my boot...

keep the mods coming!!! :) and get those dang kappa's on!!! :P

Haha thanks davo putting the kappas is a priority I've had enough of looking at them in the boxes.

Haha thanks davo putting the kappas is a priority I've had enough of looking at them in the boxes.

What tyres have you settled on?

Very small update today started work on sub grill.

386674962.jpg

Looking closely on the outside edge it has been rolled so it doesnt tear through speaker grill cloth. Inside edge has been rebated so mesh will sit in there nice and flush.

386674942.jpg

Grill ready to be wrapped in cloth.

386716733.jpg

Cloth wrapped over grill.

386716724.jpg

Final shot of sub box.

386716778.jpg

Edited by arc

Its actually on hinges folds down when i want to use it :P.

Im stuck don't know what to do use some of saved money for tyres on ultra racing package or keep for tyres.