Anyone else ZRE Dash or centre console rattling?

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here is suffering from dash rattling in their ZRE, either Sedan or Hatch.

I bought my ZRE Sedan 6 months ago brand new, during these times there was no rattling what so ever.

Well my car just hit 6100km today, on my way home from work, I noticed there was a slight rattling sound coming from the middle console/dash.

The rattling sounds normally comes when I am driving over a slightly bumpy road, its not that loud, but its damn annoying knowing a brand new car is making rattling sound :(

I was wondering if anyone know what is causing these rattles, I will get it checked out when I take it in for the next service.

Cheers

I don't have any dash rattles in my 2007 ZRE but 2 things are annoying the hell out of me when I drive it and they are:

1. The mysterious beep coming out of the passenger side in the glovebox area every now and then and I have no idea what this short beep means and where it is coming from (ECU or airbag self check)??

2. The noise that is happening in the boot area of the car when I start driving it and make a first turn, as if there is metal object rolling inside the boot lid itself. It only does that once at the first turn and then disappears.

This is very common issue in Europe. Many people are complaining about it and I have visited Toyota's official dealer many many times. They've been trying to fix it under warranty, but the sounds are still there.

Best regards, Alex

This is very common issue in Europe. Many people are complaining about it and I have visited Toyota's official dealer many many times. They've been trying to fix it under warranty, but the sounds are still there.

Best regards, Alex

Are you responding to the dash rattles or the 2 points I raised? :)

I have the hatch and yes i have those rattles.. Crappy roads and centre rattles a bit, rattle which sounds like its in front left door and somewhere around the glove box but cant pick if its the top one or the bottom one.

Toyota said they fixed that rattle, NOT!

so im not the only one.....mine has only started to rattle about 2 weeks ago and i always thought it was just something lying loose in my glove box but when i took everything out it was still there....hmmm

so im not the only one.....mine has only started to rattle about 2 weeks ago and i always thought it was just something lying loose in my glove box but when i took everything out it was still there....hmmm

Lol, that was my initial thought, cause I normally leave 20 bucks worth of coins in the cup holder, and few other stuff such as pens and gps in the glove box.

Best regards, Alex

Are you responding to the dash rattles or the 2 points I raised? :)

Sorry for not quoting, was too tired and in a hurry :) I was talking about dash rattles!

Best regards, Alex

I have the hatch and yes i have those rattles.. Crappy roads and centre rattles a bit, rattle which sounds like its in front left door and somewhere around the glove box but cant pick if its the top one or the bottom one.

Toyota said they fixed that rattle, NOT!

hahaha far out sydney roads are CRAP :P especially with coils

• 3 years later...

Hi all!

Is anyone experiencing any dash board rattle noises in newer models?

I bought a 2013 Corolla Ascent Sport in February. A rattle noise started to appear over the first month and got worse and worse. Two trips to the dealer to fix it, but now the rattle is back but in a different part of the dash board. Driving me nuts! Seems to vibrate/rattle on smooth roads too.

Any ideas?