THREE LTR TO THREE POINT FIVE LTR

peregrine

Curious! Can the 3Ltr V6 be taken out to 3.5Ltr? Do both engines share the same block? IE: stroke is the same in both at 83mm with bores, being 87.5mm and 94mm respectively so can the 3Ltr block be bored out to 94 mm or can the 3.5 steel liners from the 3.5 be used. would it be straight forward also using the 3.5 s pistons and rings or how many other modification would be necessary. Something to mull over!! MAKE THE CAMRY FLY without boost. I know there are lots of other bits and pieces on the 3.5 like VVT and a chain instead of the belt for the cams etc but that can be left for now. WHAT SAY YOU.

Do you even know what your talking about? The others are right on the 3/1MZ hybrid.

In respect to this question obviously not, or I wouldn't need to ask the question but I thought someone might have some, more constructive answers, ie the reply they are two completely different engines thanks for that one and others. Are the two engines in fact completely different I find this difficult to believe as costs to do that would I think have been prohibitive, yes there are significant differences and vast improvements but was the basic block changed or altered and if altered can this also be changed on the 3Ltr block ..

As Trent said earlier, the 3MZ 3.3L head mated with a 3L 1MZ block is probably the way to go. I THINK Tony in Toronto's doing this project now... but not exactly a easy conversion. I haven't heard much since, but Adam (ASG14) would have the most info on it.

Do you even know what your talking about? The others are right on the 3/1MZ hybrid.

In respect to this question obviously not, or I wouldn't need to ask the question but I thought someone might have some, more constructive answers, ie the reply they are two completely different engines thanks for that one and others. Are the two engines in fact completely different I find this difficult to believe as costs to do that would I think have been prohibitive, yes there are significant differences and vast improvements but was the basic block changed or altered and if altered can this also be changed on the 3Ltr block ..

As stated above the 3.5 2gr block and 3.0 1mz are not going to be compatible for a parts interchange. There is at least a decade between design of both engines.

If you want more capacity you will need to source a 3mz which is a 3.3litre engine. In Australia it came in the 1st gen Kluger fitted with drive by wire throttle and vvti on the intake cams.

It should also be possible to bore the 1mz to 3.3litres as these blocks are nearly identical. One of the main differences was the use of better conrods in the 3mz compared to the 1mz.

Wikipedia page on the MZ series of engines.

Dave would you honestly bore a 1MZ out to 3.3L when you have the factory strong 3MZ 3.3L available though? I know the 1MZ is a strong block, but it would decrease the structural integrity of the cylinder walls, to some degree at least.

That would depend on if I could find a 3mz at a reasonable cost and how thick the bores are in the 1mz. I would say that they are pretty much the same block as with all the other series of engines that Toyota makes.

That would depend on if I could find a 3mz at a reasonable cost and how thick the bores are in the 1mz. I would say that they are pretty much the same block as with all the other series of engines that Toyota makes.

3MZ is a bored 1MZ (stroke is the same), so there'd be no real point boring out a 1MZ since Toyota has already done all the work for you.

That's interesting...