Toyota Rukus: Press Release

Why is a ZR Levin Corolla over 33k? Its not over priced. Same chassis as the ZRE, Fully optioned level 3 is 33k on road if i remember correctly. I check one out early this week...Temped thats for sure.. If i sell the beemer soon, i might just get one. :)

Is it a 4 Cylinder? :blink:

edit: http://www.toyota.com.au/rukus/features/performance?wt.ac=RKSfeaturesperformance

Dang it is too! I would have loved to have seen an Aurion engine in there! I still don't understand why Toyota put small engines in big cars!

Edited by unique

FYI: On Road in NSW:

Corolla ZR Automatic $34 963.24

Rukus Build 3: $35 880.24

The advantages of a Rukus

2.4L, Leather accented interior, sunroof(standard), more room and a SUBWOOFER.

Edited by u54mot

Well imagine a car the weight of a Corolla with the Camry 4 banger. It will definitely have some go to it. Just a shame it is matched to a 4-speed auto only for the Australian model.

At least it is TRD supported:

supercharger.jpg

yeap should have offered a manual...

most of us know how to drive a manual unlike the Yanks... :P

wouldnt mind trading my Yaris for one but its a AUTO!!!!

Well imagine a car the weight of a Corolla with the Camry 4 banger. It will definitely have some go to it. Just a shame it is matched to a 4-speed auto only for the Australian model.

At least it is TRD supported:

supercharger.jpg

Nice :spiteful:

I would love to have this car to just use it as a car to bash around in. It doesn't look so touchy touchy as the Aurion.

RUKUS, industrial strength :lol:

I'm still disappointed in the price! Seriously! $33K for a small non-"sports" car???? If the rukus is worth $33k imagine what they are going to be asking for the FT86 and the FJ!

Maybe I have a poor perception of value at the moment considering I just bought a house and I am getting married soon, so EVERYHTING is looking expensive to me right now.

In my opinion, anyone who pays over $25K for a small car is a little loose in the head.

I love the fact that it is so bold and out there and I honestly cant wait to see one in person but I cant help but agree with some of the drive-by commenters from other sources saying "another fridge".

Stop wasting time on feeding the sub20s market and bring out "sports" cars again Toyota!

hmmmmm ..... im undecided but leaning towards a big N O for me ..... i mean each to their own and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the car simply looks too boxy .... too "hey get some massive chrome spinners" on me for my liking ...... kinda reminds me of a smaller range rover ..... and yeah i aint a fan of them either .... as i said some will like some will hate ..... only thing that annoys me most is toyota has a whole arsnel of cars in japan to bring here and they pick this .....

250px-08_Scion_xB.jpg250px-Land_Rover_Ranger_Rover.jpg

yeah def not doing it for me ...... not to say that it wont perform but yeah the look is just not growing on me

Edited by xoom

• 2 weeks later...

Potential to be a great looking street cruiser.. but fail on no manual option imo.

Not sure if the Rukus is the Rumion or the Bb or what other names Scion has but you get the idea ;)

rm1.jpg

Not sure if the Rukus is the Rumion or the Bb or what other names Scion has but you get the idea ;)

In Japan - Toyota Rumion

In U54 blink.gif - Scion XB

That is an awsome looking one they are pretty cool hi tech sound good but yeh they are a bit too overpriced for the market they are trying to reach. Those vinyl are cool but then there is others which are just but ugly

Drove behind one today.

I have to say, as stock they look like a box of ****. It definitely needs fatter/wider tyres and could do with some lowering.

To me they seem much bigger than expected, I would even say they seem larger than a new Corolla.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a Rukus at South Dowling road next to Supacenta... We exchanged looks for each other's car.. LoL

Seems fat, and yes ^ bigger than rollas...

It's only 100kg lighter than a Camry? ohmy.gif

Do they sell it in white? It really will look like a fridge.

Haha, yes it does come in refrigerator white (Glacier White)

Having now seen one on the road, I agree that stock standard they do look a little plain. In saying that though, they look 10 times better than the Kia Soul, especially from the rear, and you wouldn't need to do too much to it visually to get it looking really good.