oil filter for sportivo

hi just wondering what's the part number for the geniune oil filter and trd oil filter for corolla sportivo. cant find anything on ebay

how much and where you guys get yours from, online anywhere?

cheers

hi just wondering what's the part number for the geniune oil filter and trd oil filter for corolla sportivo. cant find anything on ebay

how much and where you guys get yours from, online anywhere?

cheers

90915-YZZE2 for the sportivo, 25 bucks from a melbourne dealership (varies from dealer to dealer)

There WAS a page on ebay selling for the 2ZZ engine, probably get listed again soon. From memory that was 35 bucks?

how far from your oil change r u?

yeah due for change this week. was thinking saturday.

going with 10w-40 penrite full syn

and ryco oil filter

trying to get a oem oil filter.

never heard of acdelco, are they better than ryco and penrite? i see they have filters and oil

and ryco oil filter

never heard of acdelco, are they better than ryco and penrite? i see they have filters and oil

every oil change if done properly, doesn't matter what brand oil or filter (provided u use the manufacturers recommendation), makes the engine run smoother.

Brand choice is users preference. In saying that i will use penrite 10W40 plus 10 semi-syn on next oil change.

Currently use 10W40 Mobil semi-syn

and ryco oil filter

every oil change if done properly, doesn't matter what brand oil or filter (provided u use the manufacturers recommendation), makes the engine run smoother.

Brand choice is users preference. In saying that i will use penrite 10W40 plus 10 semi-syn on next oil change.

Currently use 10W40 Mobil semi-syn

Well it sorta matters what oil you use. For example it's probably not advisable to put something like Castrol GTX into a 2ZZ.

I'm using the short Ryco filter with Motul 4100 Turbolight (10w-40).

never experienced castrol GTX, i remembered i used the 20W50 in my old 1979 car. i know they make a 10W30 for modern cars as well but not really sure how it runs in our 2ZZ engines.

I know one of the dealers use castrol GTX 10W30 here and the guy that i know got it from here still runs on it after 5 or 6 yrs without any problems.

edit: sorry going off topic here lol

BTW and1: did you get any difference in running with the short filter for the 2zz? normally we run the longer filter made for it. some people believe that there is better compression with the shorter filter?

Edited by Kenshin X

BTW and1: did you get any difference in running with the short filter for the 2zz? normally we run the longer filter made for it. some people believe that there is better compression with the shorter filter?

The larger filter just provides more surface area for the fitler to entrap contaminents; has no affect on compression ratio, that is a fixed value based on combustion chamber design, stroke and piston crown shape. Use the larger filter if you can.

The larger filter just provides more surface area for the fitler to entrap contaminents; has no affect on compression ratio, that is a fixed value based on combustion chamber design, stroke and piston crown shape. Use the larger filter if you can.

thats so strange, toyota should have made just the longer filter for both engines... or were they thinking that the 2zz produces more power so a larger filter was required?

thats so strange, toyota should have made just the longer filter for both engines... or were they thinking that the 2zz produces more power so a larger filter was required?

The filter can create a point of resistance to oil flow at high pressures, the 2zz being designed to run to 8200 rpm would result in the oil pressure being at full pressure* for over 50% of the rev range, so they probably went with the larger filter to reduce this restriction slightly. Since the 1zz didn't need this there was no point in providing a more, albeit only slightly, more expensive filter.

*Full oil pressure occurs at about 3000 rpm on the 2zz.