Not the usual L-platers car...

dolce_vita

The 'rents recently decided to sell their '03 Camry Altise in anticipation of my getting my L's. A Prius is hardly the car i was wanting them to get. Although after living with it for a month, i LOVE it! i have 22 hours on my L's in my first month :). My dad gets a work car, and my mum has her car for work, leaving my the Prius for my usage once i'm on my P's.

A Prius is the last car i ever expected to like, its looks have even started to grow on me. Further removing myself from the young driver stereotype, i drive like an old lady, in order to keep consumption down (4.7 ltr/100km average).

Its an 11/08 ex-Toyota company car with 28,00kms base model in Wildfire. So far it has tints, but i plan on a de-badge and a much smaller aerial and possibly 17" wheels from the '10 Prius.

The Prius

dsc0270h.jpg

dsc0229v.jpg

dsc0195v.jpg

The Camry ;) (eewwww!)

dsc0206g.jpg

& the mothers car

dsc0792.jpg

The Prius

dsc0270h.jpg

dsc0229v.jpg

dsc0195v.jpg

& the mothers car

dsc0792.jpg

As good as the Prius looks in red (and would look a lot better lowered and with bigger wheels), I'd still want the Ritmo :P

Nice, I would have loved the Prius as my first car too, but the RAV4 ended up as my first (Still it's not bad, though I'd love the fuel economy & gadgets of the Prius.).

Nice Fiat too! I like the Multipla (The quirky-looking pre-facelift model.)

Thanks guys :) ive driven the Fiat a few times, being a manual its pretty hard, but it feels MUCH more powerful than the Prius!

just a general question, my dad doesn't want me to remove the badges. So im going to wait until her forgets about the idea, then do it..

But the car has paint protection, does this affect the removal in any way? i don't want the red to fade where the badge used to be.

The Punto can be a decent car, so long as you don't get the 1.2L version. Hired one last time I was in the UK, and it was such a gutless little POS it could barely manage 70mph on the highways (110km/h), and even then the gears (manual) were so short it was doing 4500rpm. Turned out my cousin had the 1.8L version, which actually has enough poke to make the car worth while. ;)

@OP, the Prius is your dad's car, so his rules apply. Show some respect for his property and don't go sneaking behind his back pulling badges off his car when he's specifically told you not too - it's a poor show of character, and it's also likely to affect the resale value of the car. When you pay for your own car you can do what you like to it, till then just be grateful you've been allowed to drive a brand new car for free.

If I was in his shoes and found out I'd be making you pay to have the badges put back, and you certainly wouldn't be driving that car again! :nono:

@OP, the Prius is your dad's car, so his rules apply. Show some respect for his property and don't go sneaking behind his back pulling badges off his car when he's specifically told you not too - it's a poor show of character, and it's also likely to affect the resale value of the car. When you pay for your own car you can do what you like to it, till then just be grateful you've been allowed to drive a brand new car for free.

If I was in his shoes and found out I'd be making you pay to have the badges put back, and you certainly wouldn't be driving that car again! :nono:

He can do wot eva he WANTS....

BTW... Lowered with black 18'' rims and dark tint, would look PHAT!!! Ur gota kool lil car bro... CONGRATS!!!!

BTW... Lowered with black 18'' rims and dark tint, would look PHAT!!! Ur gota kool lil car bro... CONGRATS!!!!

this.

\

Does that mean I can come over to Mt Druitt and steal the badges off your car because I want to?

That would be theft and punishable by law as opposed to just disobeying your dad...fail :blink:

and btw...cool 1st car,mod the sh!t out of it mate. ;)

I can't believe how little respect some of you clearly have for other peoples' property. It's not bloody rocket science - it's not his property, it's someone else's, they told him they don't want him ripping bits off it, therefore he shouldn't. I can't believe anyone would have their head far enough up their own ****s not to follow that line of reasoning.

I'm done. I've just lost a little bit more faith in the human race. Good job fellas - hope you're proud.

PS. @1stKill, you can still be charged with theft even if the victim is your dad, the only difference is that in most peoples' cases their dad is less likely to press charges, and more likely to beat you upside the head instead.

I can't believe how little respect some of you clearly have for other peoples' property. It's not bloody rocket science - it's not his property, it's someone else's, they told him they don't want him ripping bits off it, therefore he shouldn't. I can't believe anyone would have their head far enough up their own ****s not to follow that line of reasoning.

I'm done. I've just lost a little bit more faith in the human race. Good job fellas - hope you're proud.

PS. @1stKill, you can still be charged with theft even if the victim is your dad, the only difference is that in most peoples' cases their dad is less likely to press charges, and more likely to beat you upside the head instead.

Your faith in the human race is somewhat deminished by that...mate you need a cuddle.2vxg7bo.gif

btw...i hope you don't watch the nightly news,your faith in the human race would be all but gone by 6.30pm every night. ;)

and it's also likely to affect the resale value of the car.

Could always stick them back on.

just be grateful you've been allowed to drive a brand new car for free.

"Its an 11/08 ex-Toyota company car with 28,00kms base model in Wildfire. So far it has tints, but i plan on a de-badge and a much smaller aerial and possibly 17" wheels from the '10 Prius."

last i heard ex company cars were 2nd hand and not new.

just sayin

Wot eva u DORK... By the sounds of things, it sounds like ur HEAD IS STUCK UP UR AR5E!!!

Did somebody call the FUN POLICE????

That is all...

I cant remember wot show i saw the done up one on.... It was silver with a black roof n it had 18'' chromies on it, lowered and it had a sick as ICE INSTALL...

Sori about this lil debate on ur thread bro...

Edited by GTL05T

Food for thought:

Camry GT-P Wheels on Prius = WIN!

Don't pay attention to some others who think they 'know it all', just stick with what you feel comfortable...

besides, looking at it realistically, when you get your P's, maybe the 'rents will transfer it into your name, and then you can do whatever you want to it.

replacement badges are NOT hard to obtain either... ;)

take it from me, listen to the guru's (that is, people that have been on here for MORE then 1 or 2 months) and you will soon find your way :D

Good luck mate,

Evo

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the car, ive done 2,000kms since i got it. I'm averaging 4.5l/100km (ALMOST at the claimed 4.4l/100km) from basically coasting and gliding everywhere. YES, i have de-badged it WITH my dads permission, it improved the looks of the cars greatly. The aerial has also been replaced with a much smaller bee-sting aerial with no effect to radio reception.

On the list is a set of Audi Style LED DRLs to be mounted on the lower bumper, (with my dads 100% approval).

ill get some decent pics soon :)

Edited by dolce_vita

Just a quick question..

Red cars fade with time right? well the car has Toyota Paint protection, but after de-badging the car (last week) the areas of paint under the badges obviously doesn't have the protection. Does this mean they will fade? how can i remedy this?

Red cars fade with time right?

From past experience, red does seem to fade a bit more than other colours, but it's usually that non-metallic looking red that tends to fade more for some reason.

well the car has Toyota Paint protection, but after de-badging the car (last week) the areas of paint under the badges obviously doesn't have the protection. Does this mean they will fade? how can i remedy this?

Just to let you know, factory paint protection doesn't really protect your paint much. It will have no effect on slowing down the natural fading that will occur with your paint. Don't be overly concerned though. It's not like it's going to fade badly. Just take good care of your paint with proper maintenance as listed in the forums here and you shouldn't even notice your paint fading. It may get slightly lighter over time, but you shouldn't notice it.

The area that you debadged will not turn out any different to the rest of your car.

Red cars fade with time right?

From past experience, red does seem to fade a bit more than other colours, but it's usually that non-metallic looking red that tends to fade more for some reason.

well the car has Toyota Paint protection, but after de-badging the car (last week) the areas of paint under the badges obviously doesn't have the protection. Does this mean they will fade? how can i remedy this?

Just to let you know, factory paint protection doesn't really protect your paint much. It will have no effect on slowing down the natural fading that will occur with your paint. Don't be overly concerned though. It's not like it's going to fade badly. Just take good care of your paint with proper maintenance as listed in the forums here and you shouldn't even notice your paint fading. It may get slightly lighter over time, but you shouldn't notice it.

The area that you debadged will not turn out any different to the rest of your car.

Thanks heaps! i thought about waxing the area but i cant even remember where they are :s

yet another question.....

the base model prius speakers are pretty basic (ie: crap), am i able to replace the speakers inside the stock enclosure on the doors without butchering it (maintaining a 100% stock look)?