using ipod usb on aurion prodigy

lembasts

Greetings,

I just got my new aurion prodigy today and I went to try my ipod touch connected via the usb. I plugged it in, turned it on and the screen says load - and it stays on load. I played a track on the ipod but it only came out of the ipod speaker and the aurion screen stays on load. Whats the trick please? Also when connecting via the usb does it automatically charge the unit as well?

Thanks

David

Greetings,

I just got my new aurion prodigy today and I went to try my ipod touch connected via the usb. I plugged it in, turned it on and the screen says load - and it stays on load. I played a track on the ipod but it only came out of the ipod speaker and the aurion screen stays on load. Whats the trick please? Also when connecting via the usb does it automatically charge the unit as well?

Thanks

David

I may be wrong here, but I don't think hooking up Ipod or Iphones via the USB will work in any case - at least not how you would like it. Have you ever plugged an Ipod into a computer without using Itunes? All the files are named differently and it doesn't work like a basic USB drive containing mp3's does.

I believe without a dedicated Ipod input, you'd have to use the AUX input instead and control the ipod manually.

Greetings,

Thanks

David

I may be wrong here, but I don't think hooking up Ipod or Iphones via the USB will work in any case - at least not how you would like it. Have you ever plugged an Ipod into a computer without using Itunes? All the files are named differently and it doesn't work like a basic USB drive containing mp3's does.

I believe without a dedicated Ipod input, you'd have to use the AUX input instead and control the ipod manually.

+1

You can't access music files without an Itunes if using Ipod. The USB port is designed to read files straight from the data storage without having to read it through any other software. It will work if you put music files in storage like USB, but with Ipod, you'll need AUX. I can imagine pluggin in the Ipod via USB will only charge it.

Edited by VF-X

I had another look at the manual and it says the car is "ipod ready" and to connect the ipod via the usb. Obviously my ipod touch didnt work. As it happens I have another ipod which was the model before the ipod touch so I figured maybe the ipod touch software was to modern for the car. I connected the older ipod via the usb and it worked! I can use all the on board and steering wheel buttons to control and select songs direct from the ipod.

Good for you!

I remember there's an Ipod model which functions just like a normal USB. It doesn't require iTunes, which I think is the manual is trying to refer when it says Ipod through the USB. That's what I think is the possible way. Or maybe the Chinese Ipod version. :lol: