TRD SHORT SHIFT...HELP...urgent

Hi all,

please help, i sold my TRD short shift to a member but he thinks that the bolts are missing from the kit, i have not install this on my car because it is new but does anyone know if u use the original bolts or does it comes with new bolt to hold the bottom????

many thanks.

Edited by vvti16v

Hi all,

please help, i sold my TRD short shift to a member but he thinks that the bolts are missing from the kit, i have not install this on my car because it is new but does anyone know if u use the original bolts or does it comes with new bolt to hold the bottom????

many thanks.

hey mate. I dun think it doesn't becuz when I bought my car. It came with it. The original was gIven to me but it didn't have any bolts with it.

Hi all,

many thanks.

I'm pretty sure it reuses the stock bolts :)

He needs to rtfm.

The first two pages of the installation manual are in japanese, but after that it's in english and lists the parts that come with the kit. Bolts are NOT included in the kit so definitely reuse original bolts.

I have a hunch that he hasn't replaced the rubber bushings with the metal bushings, and has just placed the metal ones under the existing rubber ones - now his original bolts aren't long enough so thinks he needs new ones ? :whistling:

He needs to rtfm.

The first two pages of the installation manual are in japanese, but after that it's in english and lists the parts that come with the kit. Bolts are NOT included in the kit so definitely reuse original bolts.

I have a hunch that he hasn't replaced the rubber bushings with the metal bushings, and has just placed the metal ones under the existing rubber ones - now his original bolts aren't long enough so thinks he needs new ones ? :whistling:

Your assumptions are incorrect. The TRD Quick Shifter comes with its own cradle, 4x metal base bushings, shift pattern stickers and TRD ball gear knob. The reason for me returning the item was due to the holes in the metal base bushings being too big for the stocks screws. My main concern was that, if metal base bushings are provided by TRD, why wouldn't they also supply custom TRD screws that would have a thicker diameter on the top half of the screw to be a snug fit for the metal bushings hole and the bottom of the screw to be the same size as the stock screws which would screw into the holes in the vehicle's body frame. Or why not just provide metal base bushings that have the correct hole size to fit the stock screws instead.

So I would like to reiterate that the problem was having a screw too thin or the metal base bushings simply being drilled to large. I'm quite fussy what goes into my car, as I do not intend to resell this car in future. Therefore, it might be ok for someone else, but it's not ok with me. I am returning the item back to Jeff due to this very reason as we have discussed. I told him just to minus the premium postage costs from the original amount I had paid him, so I am the one who is incurring all expenses -$35 plus return postage I have paid $18. The TRD cradle was not installed in the car, but was in the process of being installed up to the point where I popped one of the stock screws in the metal bushings on the TRD cradle. My car was not test driven with the TRD cradle installed at all, so it is still new, in the same condition I had received it from Jeff.

In addition, once the stock cradle is uninstalled, there is no need to fiddle with its bushings or any of its parts, as the entire unit gets replaced by the TRD one.

As for the installation manual, it comes with both a Japanese version and also an English version. It's not that difficult after all having followed the workshop tute as well.

I don't know if it comes with bolts or not but the assembly should fit the same way as the original if the TRD shift is genuin so using the same bolts should not be a problem !!!!!

that is correct ..... no additional bolts are supplied ...... other than the bronze shifter base bushings no other bits and pieces are really supplied from memory

I've had the trd quick shift kit in my car for about 5 years now and have not had a single problem with it. The factory bolts work fine as does the metal bushes included with the kit.