tyres for sportivo

howdy

anyone direct me to the best priced tyre sellers in brisbane? and recommendations on best tyre for around $130ea

currently have potenza adrenalin re001's all round. very good but i do not like there characteristics since they have worn down (about 5mm left) they feel a lot crappier than before. thought 5mm still decentt??

havnt priced them up yet and only after front 2 tyres for now.

only looked at kuhmo and federal so far. want to price up toyo and maybe hankook?

considering federal 595-evo for $135ea

they also have 595-ss for $110ea

kuhmo 80-110

pretty cheap and decent i reckon!

going to go look around archerfield on the weekend at some wholesale tyre places.

thanks in advance

Edited by hAmZ

G'day mate...check out Toyo's they make some very good tyres at decent prices,a few of the rolla boys are running these and they helped me out recently when i was on the hunt,i went for Toyo Proxes T1R and the verdict is they are bloody awesome. :D

and Kuhmo's seem popular amongst the rolla boys also.

howdy

anyone direct me to the best priced tyre sellers in brisbane? and recommendations on best tyre for around $130ea

currently have potenza adrenalin re001's all round. very good but i do not like there characteristics since they have worn down (about 5mm left) they feel a lot crappier than before. thought 5mm still decentt??

havnt priced them up yet and only after front 2 tyres for now.

only looked at kuhmo and federal so far. want to price up toyo and maybe hankook?

considering federal 595-evo for $135ea

they also have 595-ss for $110ea

kuhmo 80-110

pretty cheap and decent i reckon!

going to go look around archerfield on the weekend at some wholesale tyre places.

thanks in advance

Dunno in brisbane but you could look at some falkens?

i have Falkens and they were good too, changing mine at 100,000. I think i'm about the same tread as you :P depends how you drive, if you want more grip the tyres wear out quicker, if u want durability than you sacrifice grip (argh the dilemma) :D

i got quoted for around 100 ea for the falkens 205/55 r16

$130 for a tyre is going to buy you rubbish

both tyres you metion are rubbish

toyo's are ok, falkens are generally crap, but that said, some good ones exist, 452's from memory have been rated well here, i wouldn't use them.

i'm not biased towards any tyre anymore, even the adrenalines have their weak points, but they are still hi on the list.

whitestivo

wash your mouth out with soap Phil!!!!!!

Federals EVO's are a very good tyre! :) can beat them for the price. they would give the RE001's a go for thier money!

wash your mouth out with soap Phil!!!!!!

Federals EVO's are a very good tyre! :) can beat them for the price. they would give the RE001's a go for thier money!

so they good you reckon?

well top my list are federal evo's since i havnt looked at other brands yet. want to price up toyo T1R's

was going to go look today at some places but finshed work a bit late.

Are you talking about the aussie made Adrenalin re001 or the Jap made.... Jap made are far superior. I would go for Jap made re001's again. Love em.

Strange. I found the Australian made RE001's to perform exactly the same as the Japanese made ones on my Aurion.

I gotta ask what exactly do you want from your tyres?

Outright grip? Low wear? Quiet ride?

yes i want all 3. the best tyre i can get for my budget.

i thought re001 meant to be real good? i find it that im struggling in the wet now. aquaplanning on takeoff from a hill while driving normally!? i was like wat's going on!??

Edited by hAmZ

I found the 001's to have much more grip once hot. "Cool" they were not outstanding. Once hot, they kick *****. I havent had a problem in the wet with them.. mind you , thats on my FR Beemer, not FF so things could be different.

Re aussie Vs jap, I spoke to a guy who was making these in Adelaide here at Bridgestone. He said the compound was different, but the main factor he pointed out was in japan the 001's are cured for 6-9 months if not longer, in big, temp controlled rooms. He said this was integral to the formation of a "better" tire and a superior compound. I ran 001's back in 2000, straight from japan, they weren't released here then i dont think. Fell in love with them back then. I could be wrong but i stick with what i know.. :P

I gotta ask what exactly do you want from your tyres?

Outright grip? Low wear? Quiet ride?

yes i want all 3. the best tyre i can get for my budget.

I'm using some Sumitomo HTR Z II's which for me are all three of those things, but I have no idea what price you'll get them for in that size. Cost me 'mid to low' $200 per tyre BUT mine are 235/40/17. RE001's were going to be over $300 as a comparison. The HTR Z III's are supposed to be even better.

i looked into those r001s... they cost 165ea, would this be a good price? the guys said that they usually charge 240ea for them!

240-165=big difference, so yes.

$165 is cheap, make sue they are in fact 205/50/16 and not 205/55/16 (which won't fit in the boot).

i looked into those r001s... they cost 165ea, would this be a good price? the guys said that they usually charge 240ea for them!

240-165=big difference, so yes.

$165 is cheap, make sue they are in fact 205/50/16 and not 205/55/16 (which won't fit in the boot).

nice will do those, when my fronts are completely worn out :)

Heyy SD,

how are ya ?

whats your opinion on the Goodyear F1 GS D3's ..... I once read a post of yours sometime ago about `em, but haven't got the time to search for it again lately, sorry

recently got quoted $180ea for the 205/50/16 size, which includes the current promo they're running

is that a fair deal ??

Cheers

Hey Kenshin, they're a good price, I got mine fitted and balanced for $167 each :) I dunno about that $240 each, sounds like drivel to me ;)

To OP, if only we had such magical tires ;) I've ran Yoko C-Drives, Yoko S-Drives and RE001s... RE001s walk all over them in all departments :) Will be trying Pirelli P-Zeros later :)

We all have different tolerances and views on aspects of tires (like any other thing eg exhaust) so even if someone says its comfortable like riding on clouds, it might not be like that for you ;)

Edited by DreadAngel

Hey Kenshin, they're a good price, I got mine fitted and balanced for $167 each :) I dunno about that $240 each, sounds like drivel to me ;)

To OP, if only we had such magical tires ;) I've ran Yoko C-Drives, Yoko S-Drives and RE001s... RE001s walk all over them in all departments :) Will be trying Pirelli P-Zeros later :)

We all have different tolerances and views on aspects of tires (like any other thing eg exhaust) so even if someone says its comfortable like riding on clouds, it might not be like that for you ;)

hey dread, how much mileage can you get from the 001s?

For a daily tyre, RE001s are a softish compound so if you drive it with some gutso then it won't last you exactly that long. To give you an idea, my friend with an Accord Euro has done 2 trackdays @ Wakefield and has driven to and from work (30 - 40min drive each way) its lasted him a little more than 3 years so far and still going XD But on the other hand if you drive like a maniac, torture tires, go to RNP/Galston/Old Pac/etc every night, don't expect it to last you past 2 years...

I will conceed on the ku36 as you have them and rate them

the 595's are average, i read enough tyre tests to learn that

whitestivo

I run the 595 EVO's on the commo, they seem to be able to keep 500hp under control, dont belive everything you read.

wow 3 years is good! I do SOME spirited driving and expect me to go to winton every now and then after the tyres and possibly the struts are in, but def not every day :P ur friends proably doing 30,000 each year then! if hes on high way driving for 30 to 40 mins

I will conceed on the ku36 as you have them and rate them

the 595's are average, i read enough tyre tests to learn that

whitestivo

I run the 595 EVO's on the commo, they seem to be able to keep 500hp under control, dont belive everything you read.

I was also surprised at how well the Commo avoided wheelspin on a passenger run. Obviously Corey wasn't trying to break traction, but seemed to grip just fine.

Also, be careful with tyre 'reviews' they are very biased towards who is paying the most advertising space to them ;) I've seen some dodgy results in those tests and no longer look at them because of it.

KU36 are good, but they are no semi slick, just like the 595.

As for distance from the RE001 Dad has got 45,000 km from both of his sets. I haven't worn mine out yet (only done 20,000 km on them). Just make sure your individual (not cross) toe is set to zero.