Head Unit Installation

I have got my new head unit today there are 3 loose cables coming from the harness of the head unit, a pink one says "reverse" where do i connect this???

There is a Blue with White stripe that says "P.CNTR" which i'm guessing is for an amp. And there is a red and green stripe one saying "ILL - PWN" which i have no idea what it could be.

THANKS

I have got my new head unit today there are 3 loose cables coming from the harness of the head unit, a pink one says "reverse" where do i connect this???

There is a Blue with White stripe that says "P.CNTR" which i'm guessing is for an amp. And there is a red and green stripe one saying "ILL - PWN" which i have no idea what it could be.

THANKS

Pink - To reverse light power. Short of running a wire all the way to the rear of the vehicle, I'm sure someone here might be able to help you located one around the dash.

Blue/white - Yep, it's for turning external amplifiers on.

Red/Green - For connecting to your interior illumination circuit so the headunit will dim at night when your headlights are on.

Mate, firstly not trying to be rude, but you sent me a PM asking this question so if you were patient, I would have just answered you through PM. Otherwise, if you ask the question here, there is no need to PM me with the same question. It will get answered one way or another.

Anyway, these are the answer you are looking for... two of which have been answered before:

... and the reverse +12v sense (pink wire) which I connected to the harness in the passenger kick panel that leads to the reverse lights (shown below).

dsc02442lr2.th.jpg

dsc02436ay5.th.jpg

If you go that route, the plug that you will tap into has two red wires. The one you are after is that one with the silver dot on it.

Sorry for the thread revival, but to give an update on this, I have had reports that the red wire with silver dot is not the right wire. Since everyone seems to give up after they find it is the wrong wire, I have gone back and double checked the harness.

I do apologize as this is an honest mistake, but this is why I suggest people pick up a cheap multimeter if they plan on playing with the wiring of their car. This way you can find stuff out like this without having to ask.

Anyways, the wire you need to tap into is the thin red wire with no other markings on it. I have indicated this wire in the attached photos:

dsc02442lr2.jpg

dsc05688f.jpg

&

P.CNTR (blue white)

Under standard head unit wiring, blue/white usually represents a remote turn on for an amplifier. If you have a multimeter you can test to see if this wire goes to +12v when the head unit is turned on. If so, you can use this to turn on any amps you have/plan to have in the future. Looking at the diagram in the manual you have provided, this seems to be the likely candidate since there is no other wire marked for the amp remote trigger.

Previously I thought the 'CNTR' stood for 'CENTRE', but I guess they meant 'CONTROL'.

As for the one marked "ILL -PWN" usually this is for dimming the illumination of the head unit controls if it has such a feature. Usually it is connected to +12v when the illumination is on, but some can vary and may connect to ground. The way it is labelled suggests ground, but that I can not determine without testing.

THANKS

Pink - To reverse light power. Short of running a wire all the way to the rear of the vehicle, I'm sure someone here might be able to help you located one around the dash.

Blue/white - Yep, it's for turning external amplifiers on.

Red/Green - For connecting to your interior illumination circuit so the headunit will dim at night when your headlights are on.

Do you know where i could find the wire/s to the interior illumination circuit??

Do you know where i could find the wire/s to the interior illumination circuit??

For the inexperienced, I would suggest tapping into the dome light. That there would be part of your interior illumination circuit.

Sorry I think there was some confusion on my advice - by interior illumination, I meant the dash illumination at night when the headlights are on. For that you would need to find a wire that's positive when the dash lights are on.

Sorry I think there was some confusion on my advice - by interior illumination, I meant the dash illumination at night when the headlights are on. For that you would need to find a wire that's positive when the dash lights are on.

Sorry.... I knew that as well. I should refrain from posting when I'm tipsy:

rarrrrrwwwww!!!!!!!!!! im at the local getting smashed...

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Iv'e just received my SD-6009 HU with Dig TV (Latest Autome305 unit)

It has the previously discussed:

Pink - Reverse, Blue/white - External amplifier and Red/Green - Night illumination wires in the supplied short loom.

Also has a Brown wire labeled "Mute". Anyone know its function and connection point?

Also has a Brown wire labeled "Mute". Anyone know its function and connection point?

I've said it before, but it will be quicker for me to type it again.

The 'mute' connection is for when you have an external accessory that would output a 'mute' signal. About the only accessory I can think of that has this feature is a car kit (like a Nokia kit or something like that). It means that when you get a call, the stereo can automatically mute so you can hear your call.

BTW, how long did the Autome305 unit take to get to you? I guess I'm going to have to get one of these soon.

BTW, how long did the Autome305 unit take to get to you? I guess I'm going to have to get one of these soon.

I installed mine over the weekend, and it arrived about 5 working days after I purchased it on ebay.

My setup included hooking it up to two new headrest screens that I also bought from ebay ($200 delivered, bloody awesome!).

The headrests were the hard bit, as it involved soldering to get the power from the console cigi lighter to the units. (now if only I could get the sound to be able to go directly to these screens, so the kids can use there headphone!)

I need to give massive thanks to both DJKOR, for his fantastic guides for replacing the HU, and for giving me a quick personal message to ease me through the soldering (made my neighbour do it btw). I have no experience with car electrics, and the headunit replace was very simple. DJ's guides gave the confidence to attempt this mod. And that saiys a lot as I get scared when I have to jump start a car!

I big thanks also needs to go to TRDCELICA, for his emails and support with most of the Headrest install. Thsi was the hard part, and he is a bloody champ.

Thanks guys.

I installed mine over the weekend, and it arrived about 5 working days after I purchased it on ebay.

My setup included hooking it up to two new headrest screens that I also bought from ebay ($200 delivered, bloody awesome!).

The headrests were the hard bit, as it involved soldering to get the power from the console cigi lighter to the units. (now if only I could get the sound to be able to go directly to these screens, so the kids can use there headphone!)

I need to give massive thanks to both DJKOR, for his fantastic guides for replacing the HU, and for giving me a quick personal message to ease me through the soldering (made my neighbour do it btw). I have no experience with car electrics, and the headunit replace was very simple. DJ's guides gave the confidence to attempt this mod. And that saiys a lot as I get scared when I have to jump start a car!

I big thanks also needs to go to TRDCELICA, for his emails and support with most of the Headrest install. Thsi was the hard part, and he is a bloody champ.

Thanks guys.

Pics of the headrest would be nice.. :) :lol: ;)

I've said it before, but it will be quicker for me to type it again.

The 'mute' connection is for when you have an external accessory that would output a 'mute' signal. About the only accessory I can think of that has this feature is a car kit (like a Nokia kit or something like that). It means that when you get a call, the stereo can automatically mute so you can hear your call.

Thanks DJKOR, I'll install the HU & camera as soon as I have a spare day. (Same barrel type cam' as yours)

Delivery from Autome305 took ten days. Your comprehensive HU & Reversing cam' info along with that of others in the TOC Forum are a great resource. Well done!

Edited by AUSTSE

Thanks guys.

Pics of the headrest would be nice.. :) :lol: ;)

I also have headrests installed though mine differ from the ones bseven installed mine are actual dvd players where as

bseven just has screens the ones i chose are fully motorised for the disc eject not like the other ones on the market i purchased them from straithfield car radio for $688 which ive found out it was a bargin there is a link here but much more pricey i have the 8.5" screens and theyy came with ir headphones http://www.easyparkaustralia.com.au/shop-m...dvd-player-x-2/ mine also came in grey which is so close to factory its hard to see any difference . i will post some pics soon .

Edited by TRDCELICA