Swapping 02' camry stereo to 04' prado stereo

Vijith555

Hey..

I got a 2002 camry advantage which has the standard non mp3 cd stereo. I will be getting the stereo of a 2004 prado and would like to install that to my camry. It's the original Toyota one that comes with in dash 6 cd and mp3. It looks like the same size of my camry's stereo so needed to know if it would work on my car. Will the connectors be the same behind? Has anyone tried it?

Yes the main power and rear speaker plugs will be the same just differnt colour wires.

Thanks for the reply..the stereo of the prado is still on the prado but I took a tape measure and found out the height of the deck is same as my camry's but the length is like half an inch longer..i am guessing its not possible to fit that deck on my car now..

Yeah the prado one wont fit the camry but the camry one would fit the prado with the help of "ears" not that it helps you. I guess now you will have to buy a aftermarket radio and pocket.

Yeah the prado one wont fit the camry but the camry one would fit the prado with the help of "ears" not that it helps you. I guess now you will have to buy a aftermarket radio and pocket.

yeah thats true..i guess i am going to stick to my ipod and cassette adapter to stereo..does the job and the sound quality on the current deck is pretty good...