Aurion - Neutral at lights?

lembasts

My new aurion prodigy is the first automatic Ive ever owned. So Im thinking then when its set to D and Im stopped at the lights, that there is some kind of friction happening which is not good and would wear out parts. In which case would it be better to put it into neutral when stopped at lights and then back into D when Im ready to go? Or have I misunderstood how the Auto works when your foot is on the brake and you are in D.

Thanks

David

I read it in an article [Would've post it here but it's not in English], if you're staying at red lights more than 30 secs, you should put it in Neutral. Even after shifting from neutral to D, you should normally give around 5-10 secs before pressing on the gas pedal.

There are few other tips on how to drive on Auto to save the ATF, brake fluid, etc. I'll try to find it again and translate it.

I read it in an article [Would've post it here but it's not in English], if you're staying at red lights more than 30 secs, you should put it in Neutral. Even after shifting from neutral to D, you should normally give around 5-10 secs before pressing on the gas pedal.

There are few other tips on how to drive on Auto to save the ATF, brake fluid, etc. I'll try to find it again and translate it.

Give this thread a read

Hypermiling the Aurion

yeah sometimes I shift to neutral at the lights to reduce the vibration

wonder if the gear stick wearing is worth it or not?

car is 22 month old now and I do notice a gradual increase of idle vibration

from an area next to the front-button-left of the engine

Saw the article too few weeks ago in indo newspaper i think ;)