Installing ZRE Foglights

i just purchased the foglight set off ebay for 103 dollars. It says it comes with a relay, does that mean i wont need the narva relay?

Also, does anyone have any guides to how i should wire up the foglights?

Im following kenneths guide to install the foglights, but unsure how to wire them up.

I've had help from GTL0ST and he said

'Yeah i just used the switch that came with foglight kit, its pretty easy to do... all u need to do is GROUND the switch and then CUT one of the GREEN WIRES behind the RELAY. (Ive got pics sum where) PLUG the RELAY IN then run a wire from the SWITCH to the WIRE that u CUT FROM BEHIND THE RELAY... Thats it, i'll try to find the pics ive got n ill show u'

At first i didnt really understand that cos i never had any experience with any cars.

But i installed my sub and amp myself with help from a few others from here :D and will give my understanding of what he said.

1. Ground the switch - does that mean i install the switch into the slot on the drivers side? If so, do i just slot it in or do i need to do something else?

2. Cut green wires from relay - is that kinda just like splicing the wires and connecting other wires, like connecting the remote wire for the amp to the headunit?

3. Plug the relay in - im going to have to do some research about relays because i dont know where this goes.

4. Connect the cable - pretty straight forward.

If any ZRE owners have any tips on installing them then please tell me. id prefer to do it myself and save 132, plus the satisfaction from installing yourself is quite good :D

EDIT:

Well its 3am and im still looking up this stuff. lol but i just stumbled upon this.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...rt=#entry360075

Can i suggest that somehow gets incorporated with Kenneths guide just to make it easier for new ZRE owners. I pretty much understand how im gonna install it now. But can anyone quickly explain how the switch light gets turned on by just plugging in the relay? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows it starting from a positive terminal to negative. My knowledge only goes up to year 10 physics so nothing too complicated please. lol Well time to read the guide one more time and off to bed. Night Toyota Owners

Edited by pezzie

Hello Pezzie!

Please try this link. Could not provide you with a straight one, so just choose: Owner -> Accessory Installation Manuals -> Search AIM -> Vehicle: Choose Auris -> Accessory group: Choose Fog lamps

I hope this helps, the manuals are pretty easy to understand. Tell us how it goes!

Good luck with your project!

-Alex

thanks for the guide! but now im just a tad confused? i dont have to wire up anything besides the switch correct? because the guide says i have to, but from what others have discussed there was no mention of it.

Do people have any tips taking apart the area under the drivers seat, not 100% confident with pulling it apart but will give it ago later.

Sorry to double post, but im really confused now. Where is the relay and cables located for the foglights in the drivers seat side? In the guide it looks simple as because they only point out the main cables needed. But once you look under there there's heaps of cables and they all look the same. and the location of cabling in the installation manual and the car are not the same. I understand what needs to be wired, i just need to find the actual wires. Especially the green wire to splice into that, and where is the cable to plug into the push switch? So if anyone can point me in the right direction then that would be much appreciated :D

So in a summary i just want to know where:

- cables for the foglights are under the drivers seat

- Poisition of relay

- Position of cable to plug into the switch.

Sorry to double post, but im really confused now. Where is the relay and cables located for the foglights in the drivers seat side? In the guide it looks simple as because they only point out the main cables needed. But once you look under there there's heaps of cables and they all look the same. and the location of cabling in the installation manual and the car are not the same. I understand what needs to be wired, i just need to find the actual wires. Especially the green wire to splice into that, and where is the cable to plug into the push switch? So if anyone can point me in the right direction then that would be much appreciated :D

So in a summary i just want to know where:

- cables for the foglights are under the drivers seat

- Poisition of relay

- Position of cable to plug into the switch.

Hey bro.... sori i didnt get back to u on facebook... i think will has the pics... its easier to pull his head unit out becoz hes got the stock head unit n theres only a few wires behind there... There is a slot where the relay goes into... ill find the link where kenneth shows u.

thats alright man. I've installed my sub and amp into the headunit so pulling that apart is fine for me. But is that the relay i connect my push button to? Isnt it a different pin kind of thing that has a green wire i need to splice into that already connected to my car? Atm im following the guide that alex-c gave me which is kinda confusing with no words. Also do i need to bolt on a cable onto the body of the car? because i havent seen anyone mention that but it says so in the manual. Maybe i need to just start from scratch and get help from you guys.

which also reminds me, is the micro relay (narva) that goes behind the headunit completely different from just the relay i need to splice into? im so confused lol

thats alright man. I've installed my sub and amp into the headunit so pulling that apart is fine for me. But is that the relay i connect my push button to? Isnt it a different pin kind of thing that has a green wire i need to splice into that already connected to my car? Atm im following the guide that alex-c gave me which is kinda confusing with no words. Also do i need to bolt on a cable onto the body of the car? because i havent seen anyone mention that but it says so in the manual. Maybe i need to just start from scratch and get help from you guys.

which also reminds me, is the micro relay (narva) that goes behind the headunit completely different from just the relay i need to splice into? im so confused lol

That TOYOTA GUIDES CRAP!!! Useless.... The pics r on my facebook for u... theres not many but itll give u a rough idea of how urs will be wired up.

thanks for that wy! that makes so much more sense than the toyota manual. But in your pictures you have that black cable running to where your relay is running, is that one cable just connected to the positive terminal on the relay?

So your instructions are making sense.

So far i've got:

Cables from switch get spliced into other cables.

One is spliced into the earth cable and then connected to the body of the car.

The other is spliced and then into the relay? this is the only thing im not 100% of cause there was no picture showing where that cable was connected to. Just saw where it was running.

Will any other cables need to be connected?

dude come to one of our meets and we'll help you

Yeah i will one day. :D just kinda difficult when you have work, uni, girlfriend, mates. One of those will always be taking up my time :)