hmmmm should i or shouldnt i ..... thats is the question

hmmmm should i or shouldnt i ..... thats is the question ...... or maybe i should stop pouring money into the stivo and trade up to a quick car straight out of the factory ........

MWR Complete E153 Transmission Conversion

MWR-E153.jpg

MWR Cam Set - Toyota 2ZZ-GE - Stage 3

MWR-300915.jpg

Intake Manifold for 2ZZ

Manifold%20Installed%201.JPG

Trade up lol ;)

well it would atleast have to run quicker than 12.5 down the quarter to be a trade up otherwise i'd just stick with my stivo .... wat r u thinking r the options ?

I think that you shouldn't. It is always better to have something different compared to others. By having something faster you'd be fast, but just like the others. And you'd most probably end up spending money on modifying that car too, as the power is what you never have enough. So why not to just concentrate on what you have and "save" some money, instead of using double amount of it :D You're just addicted and you won't stop til it's time to, or maybe it will be your hobby for a lifetime. Just how the thing just goes :)

Best regards, Alex

Trade up lol ;)

well it would atleast have to run quicker than 12.5 down the quarter to be a trade up otherwise i'd just stick with my stivo .... wat r u thinking r the options ?

Lolz, not an easy task when you look at it XD (Considering it takes a Porsche GT3 to go down the quarter 12secs, I know its not made for it but puts things into perspective XD)

What other requirements xoom? :) Style? Practicality? Fuel Consumption?

Sounds like you should stick with the Stivo or buy a MR-S and do the 2ZZ conversion in that :spiteful:

Edited by DreadAngel

Trade up lol ;)

Lolz, not an easy task when you look at it XD (Considering it takes a Porsche GT3 to go down the quarter 12secs, I know its not made for it but puts things into perspective XD)

What other requirements xoom? :) Style? Practicality? Fuel Consumption?

Sounds like you should stick with the Stivo or buy a MR-S and do the 2ZZ conversion in that :spiteful:

and thats the thing ....... its gonna take big bikkies to get my performance requirements and i much prefer glancing over out of my stivo and having a laugh and giving ppl the line ..... "its just a corolla" ..... cant do this in a porsche ..... lol

ur criteria is also what keeps bringing me back to sticking with the stivo ...... although in comparison to other sports setups it isnt the sexiest looking car .... not saying it looks bad but u know its not totally out there screaming sports car either .... but other than that for practicality its a 5 door hatch ..... and even though i have all that go it hasnt suffered too badly in the fuel dept and i still get 10-11L per 100kms .......

Please don't sell :( the club/forum would lose a load of muscle cred without this very awesome & well built corolla on our boards.IMO this is one of the best in the country if not the best and it would be a shame not to be able to read the trials and tribulations of such a great build anymore,imagine if you sold it and the new owner has no intrest in joining us or even worse it gets parted out. :(

Just do what any car crazy bloke would do and keep pouring your hard earn into it until you have nothing else left to do then start then something else and drive the rolla when the mood suits you. ;)

Awesome car Bill,it really is one of my favorites,i've had a few mates read your thred and all of em have been so impressed including the V8 crew,some even looked embarassed when reading your 1/4 mile times.

I've heard that the DD IM has clearance issues in our cars. Until Dave (Boosted) makes the short runner IM, this is no certainty.

Bill go the Piper stage 2 cams. I think they are a little more friendly to your setup ;)

lol .... thx guys ..... u r right jase ..... wats another 10k ..... lol

reading a very interesting discussion on the newcelica forum regarding the cams and im a little undecided on whether the mwr stage 3 would b better off than the piper stage 2's ....... im actually gonna give Matt @ mwr a call when i get a chance as ive missed having long lenghty convo's with him ..... such a top bloke always willing to help .....

also looking at all the picks of the plenum again i'd need to get some fabrication work done to move some pipes around ...... hmmmm more annoyances .....

i do have the 800cc injectors just sitting here atm so maybe just hit the cams up n get a tune sorted in the first instance .....

If you did trade up to something as quick or quicker,have you thought of what yet?

With newer you would be quick with all the mod cons, but for uniqueness and the blood sweat and possibly tears and $$ you should keep the Corolla.

OH, and paint it flat black :D at least start with the grille anyway

If you did trade up to something as quick or quicker,have you thought of what yet?

With newer you would be quick with all the mod cons, but for uniqueness and the blood sweat and possibly tears and $$ you should keep the Corolla.

OH, and paint it flat black :D at least start with the grille anyway

flat black for the motherf*cking win!

The runner lengths on Boosted's plenum aren't designed for the MWR Stage 3 cam duration. The advantage is by reducing the restriction caused by the stock plenum.

Yeah but hes finally started working on the shorter length runners version, for the lads with cams etc.

For 10k I would be patient and wait for the newer shorter length runners version.

Based on your car, I would go in the following order

E153

Manifold

then Cams

Given that your already on stage 2s, an upgrade to stage 3s made not be that much.

But then again, can't you just dial up the boost a little bit more :lol:

I'm still collecting parts *sigh*

I was watching the bathrust 12 hours, and 7 of the top 10 cars were evo's, so knowing how you like to drive, you have two options

buy an evo, and be like just about everyone else taht wants a performance car. I certainly woudl have no issue driving an evo or sti as it woudl compensate for my meagre driving skills.

If you want something different, i you want ppl to go wow, 12's in a corolla, a sleeper, a practical useful car, than you got your answer. Everyone expects performance cars to be fast, no one expects corollas to be fast.

whitestivo

Join me in the 10,000RPM club =D

DO IT!!!

LOL …… although everything engine wise has been built to handle such a load …. with my setup there just really isn’t any need to keep reving so high …… with 1.5 Bar of boost (~21 to 22psi) available from below 4K rpms all the way through to 8700 rpms (or above as required ;) ) going any higher just pushes the engine for no reason ….. although I imagine it would sound insane ….. lol

Based on your car, I would go in the following order

E153

Manifold

then Cams

Given that your already on stage 2s, an upgrade to stage 3s made not be that much.

But then again, can't you just dial up the boost a little bit more :lol:

I'm still collecting parts *sigh*

I actually don’t have cams in the car now ….. still running the stock setup ….. Im also thinking if I do the box to do it last ….. reason being I want to test out the current gearbox setup I have as it could be an alternative for those producing less power than I am or for those NA enthusiasts to strengthen their gearboxes especially given the abuse I am giving it ;) ….. and yes I could throw a bit more boost into it ….. lol …. But as I said above 1.5 Bar keeps things exciting currently ;)

What else have you been collecting ?

I was watching the bathrust 12 hours, and 7 of the top 10 cars were evo's, so knowing how you like to drive, you have two options

buy an evo, and be like just about everyone else taht wants a performance car. I certainly woudl have no issue driving an evo or sti as it woudl compensate for my meagre driving skills.

If you want something different, i you want ppl to go wow, 12's in a corolla, a sleeper, a practical useful car, than you got your answer. Everyone expects performance cars to be fast, no one expects corollas to be fast.

whitestivo

true true ….. I was thinking about this either a Evo, Rexy or even a skyline as these would be a good start with then very little mods to get them to where I am today …… for the moment I am think to sit tight with what I have …… unless someone gives me an offer I just cant refuse ;)