Automatic Sound Leveliser

lembasts

Greetings,

I notice my new aurion has a thing called ASL but the manual doesnt describe circumstances for its use. Does anyone use this and what settings are for what conditions please?

Thanks

David

From my understanding it works off of the speed sensor input to the radio and increases the volume and loudness as speed increases. Is only really noticable over 100km/h with the volume aready turned up.

100KM/H? That's crazy! It's already noticeable after 30-40km/h. As to my knowledge, You can't really adjust the settings on how you want it, which is why it's called adaptive. As far as you can go is trying to enable it, or disable it.

Interesting.

Do all model aurions have this feature ?

What happens if you change the standard stereo head unit ?

Not sure about the SATNAV unit, but the stock AT-X head unit has it, so I'm assuming the 6-Stacker would too..

i've got the satnav unit, and its also got the ASL in it! like the guys said above, if its on (HIGH MED or LOW) the volume will increase as the speed increases. you can start to hear the difference above 60kmph, then at 80kmph, and above, IF your audio is turned up far enough. i find that a good volume to test it on is about 7 or 8 and as you increase speed you'll hear it increase in volume. i think the whole idea of it is so that if you got kids, grannies etc in the car and you pull up to a lights or something after coming from a high speed, you don't deafen them! if you don't however, just turn the ASL off.

i've got the satnav unit, and its also got the ASL in it! like the guys said above, if its on (HIGH MED or LOW) the volume will increase as the speed increases. you can start to hear the difference above 60kmph, then at 80kmph, and above, IF your audio is turned up far enough. i find that a good volume to test it on is about 7 or 8 and as you increase speed you'll hear it increase in volume. i think the whole idea of it is so that if you got kids, grannies etc in the car and you pull up to a lights or something after coming from a high speed, you don't deafen them! if you don't however, just turn the ASL off.

Thanks

So whats the difference between high, med and low?

David

The HIGH, MED, or LOW is for how loud you would like the stereo when you come up in speed. have someone switch between the 3 when you are driving above 80kmph, and you can def notice the difference!

good luck!