Aurion Controls Freeze

budgoi

Hi

My 2006 Presara has, for the last couple of months, developed a frequent problem.

All the controls connected to the screen (Satnav, telephone, audio, menu dest, tuner etc) freeze. When I press anything connected to the screen there is an approx 20 second delay, if not more, until it actions the selection.

For example, if I am using the satnav to get from A to B and I want to change radio stations, both the steering wheel buttons (Mode and the Up and Down arrows) will not perform until at least approx 20 seconds after pressing them. The sat naf screen sort of works still. The red positioning marker still moves and the map still moves showing your location. However the information box in the top right hand corner (which shows, for example, turn left in 5km's) becomes just a white blank box. All these freezes start working again when the system feels like it and will no doubt start freezing again not long after. It just keeps doing it.

This also happens with anything else sonnected to the screen as mentioned above. The controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel (related to the air con) work fine and all the air con controls on the dash are fine.

Thankfully, my cruise control works ok.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Cheers

Budgoi

Edited by budgoi

Sounds like an issue with the CAN-bus system (i presume the aurion uses it). do a full ecu reset (which will also rejig the CAN-bus and that should fix the problem)

:)

Just so you know, the Aurion steering wheel controls do NOT use CANBUS.

I would consider disconnecting your battery (or unplugging the head unit) for at least 30 minutes to let it reset nd see if that fixes it first.

Hi

My 2006 Presara has, for the last couple of months, developed a frequent problem.

All the controls connected to the screen (Satnav, telephone, audio, menu dest, tuner etc) freeze. When I press anything connected to the screen there is an approx 20 second delay, if not more, until it actions the selection.

For example, if I am using the satnav to get from A to B and I want to change radio stations, both the steering wheel buttons (Mode and the Up and Down arrows) will not perform until at least approx 20 seconds after pressing them. The sat naf screen sort of works still. The red positioning marker still moves and the map still moves showing your location. However the information box in the top right hand corner (which shows, for example, turn left in 5km's) becomes just a white blank box. All these freezes start working again when the system feels like it and will no doubt start freezing again not long after. It just keeps doing it.

This also happens with anything else sonnected to the screen as mentioned above. The controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel (related to the air con) work fine and all the air con controls on the dash are fine.

Thankfully, my cruise control works ok.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Cheers

Budgoi

Just a thought , if you do what djkor said and its still no go , check there is nothing touching the screen on the outer edges . I have seen a couple of older klugers with this issue and there is dust, dirt or debris pressuring the touch screen causing no response. albeit i have had a worse case where the unit was removed and loosened the facia off to gain a further clearance (i know it is a different model in kluger , as said just a thought)

I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and the problem still occurs.

I have found that the freezing or delay response to a button being pushed only happens when the satnav has been initiated. It is like the system runs out of memory or cannot process things quick enough.

I am going try one of my earlier versions of Whereis maps to see if the problem lies in the current version I am using (v15)

Very weird.

Well, just an update.

I tried my v.14 disc today and, for the short distance we travelled (about 20km) the system and the controls seemed to work fine.

So I wonder if the Whereis disc is causing the problem. I do know that v14 was a dual layer dosc and v15 is a single DVD which seems very strange, like they have tried to compress everything in v14 (and more) onto a single layer.

I wonder if this is taking up too much prcessing time and the systame is spinning out????? Thank God I got v15 for free.

Comments anyone?