Where do i get replacement keys for a Kluger

suga4oot

Hi,

My key broke at the top where the screw holds the metal part to the chunky plastic bit.

I dont have a spare since as i wasnt given one by the dealership.

Anyway, where can do i get the key replaced and how much does it cost?

And do they somehow code it so that it works with the car's locking/Security system?

Thanks

Hi,

My key broke at the top where the screw holds the metal part to the chunky plastic bit.

And do they somehow code it so that it works with the car's locking/Security system?

Thanks

Hi Suga400t...

All of the reading and research I've done says that when you're unlucky enough to loose or break all of your master keys you're in trouble as the ECU (under the bonnet) will need to be replaced.

I would really like to be wrong here as it's an expensive proposition.

Just like Holmesie says, I created another message thread just a few days ago becuase I had a good win getting a key duplicated. I was only given one key by the dealership so got that copied (key of ebay) and then reprogrammed by the dealer.

I'm pretty sure that when I took the one good master key into the dealer they used that to "copy to clipboard" and then inserted the blank into the same "machine" and "copied from clipboard".

I'd visit your local dealer and see what they recommend.

Whofan

Edited by whofan

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Suga400t...

All of the reading and research I've done says that when you're unlucky enough to loose or break all of your master keys you're in trouble as the ECU (under the bonnet) will need to be replaced.

Just like Holmesie says, I created another message thread just a few days ago becuase I had a good win getting a key duplicated. I was only given one key by the dealership so got that copied (key of ebay) and then reprogrammed by the dealer.

I'm pretty sure that when I took the one good master key into the dealer they used that to "copy to clipboard" and then inserted the blank into the same "machine" and "copied from clipboard".

Whofan

Hi Whofan,

Yeah i was preparing myself for the worst, but I think i'll go with the ebay dude on that one. I can get the 2 keys (One with the 2 button case for the remote module and other without; proly have that as a spare) for $30 and with the cutting and shipping it will turn to about $45 odd. I'll transfer the module from my old key to the new and i'm set.

Thanks once again.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Suga400t...

Whofan

Hi Whofan,

Yeah i was preparing myself for the worst, but I think i'll go with the ebay dude on that one. I can get the 2 keys (One with the 2 button case for the remote module and other without; proly have that as a spare) for $30 and with the cutting and shipping it will turn to about $45 odd. I'll transfer the module from my old key to the new and i'm set.

Thanks once again.

G'day

I suspect you're lucky to have a key with the remote built-in? Therefore you can pry it apart and move the module, good one.

I must have an older style key (Kluger is late 07 build but current shape) and my key has a moulded head that can't be removed.

I can confirm that my ebay purchased and cut key is still going strong after a week :yahoo: