How to Remove your Front Bar

CUB41

Ok guys i had seen a couple of topics with people asking how to take there bars off. Its pretty simple and easy.

There are 2 bolts and 3 clips along the top in the engine bay, 1 bolt on each side were the bar meets the guard and 6 bolts along the bottom going into the splash liner/guards.

Tools,

Philips Screw Driver

10mm spanner or ratchet

Now time for pics,

Step 1,

Remove the Bolt and the clip next to the headlight, then do the same on the other side.

P1100128.jpg

Remove the clip in the center behind the eye.

P1100129.jpg

Step 2,

Remove the bolt on the side of the bar that holds it to the guard.

P1100132.jpg

P1100133.jpg

Then pull the bar away from the bar slide, dont be afraid, it will be on there tight.

P1100135.jpg

Step 3,

Remove the 4 bolts under the front lip like so,

P1100136.jpg

Then there is one in the very corner in the wheel arch.

P1100139.jpg

Step 4, Grab someone else to help lift the bar off as you dont wanna scratch it, now all bolts and clips will be removed the only thing holding itself there is the 2 metal clips under the headlight, these will also be hard to remove so dont be afraid to give it some curry.

P1100144.jpg

Step 5, Unclip your foglights (if you have them) then pull your bar off.

P1100140.jpg

P1100141.jpg

Finished. This took me no longer than 15 mins.

Edited by DannyZZE123R

Awesome, would it be much different for the pre-facelift model?

and, would you need to remove the front bar to remove the head lights as well?

I want to do the black surround mod :D

From memory pre-facelift arnt that much diffrent. With the headlights ide say yes it would be better in the long run to remove the bar first. You might aswell take out a few more bolts and put it aside then leaving it there and scratching it.

Nice work man. As you said not hard at all after you get the hang of it. Although I can't see all my bottom bolts coz of my height :P

You have to take off the bumper to get the headlights off as there is a third bolt under the headlight.

Nice simple guide man. Pretty much the same deal for the Celica haha. Very easy to take off and put on our front bumpers :)

You learn quite quick when you work in a pannel shop for 6months fitting and stripping cars. Also helps when you have 2k worth of tools lying around.

If you guys need any other tuts on removing **** just let us know, im glad to help.

Thanks for the write up danny. makes it look so easy!

What lip is that on your front bumper? Looks awesome!

No worries mate, the front lip is a genuine sportivo lip.

Very nice mate!

I have the sportivo, but in South Africa it doesnt come with that lip. Its a just the normal bumper with spots etc and a black clip on lip. We call the sportivo a RunX RSi!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice mate!

I have the sportivo, but in South Africa it doesnt come with that lip. Its a just the normal bumper with spots etc and a black clip on lip. We call the sportivo a RunX RSi!

VS. Golf GTi?? :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Fellas if anyone is having issues taking the clips off, grab the smallest flat head screw driver you've got and squeeze it in between the screw in the clip and the outer ring and lift the screw then slowly turn it anti-clockwise, that should help because if you try turning the screw where the clip is, you'll be turning it forever. ;)

Very nice mate!

VS. Golf GTi?? :clap:

Golf GTI...pffft we eat them for breakfast :P

• 2 months later...

I'm adding this in for those who require more info. I used both Danny's guide in conjunction to the attached PDF files to successfully do this on my pre-facelift (not on a hoist). The first time it took me about 1.5 hours because the front bumper was really hard to remove due to the bumpers 2 sliding insert into the metal car body.

However, it now takes me less than 10mins as I find that this is the most quickest and safest way for me to get to my cai pod filter to remove, clean, air dry, re-oil and reinstall it every now and then. Guide is also useful for removing headlights to re-aim HID headlights, changing indicator bulbs and doing the DIY JDM blackened headlight mod.

1. Unscrew the 2 screws from each side of the grille.

2. Flick out with a flat head screw driver the 2 plastic screw clips I showed you top middle of grille and at the bottom back middle of grille.

3. Skip the step that tells you to unclip the grille tabs from the front bumper. Just leave them attached together.

4. Unscrew the 6 bolts on the diagram and flick out the 2 upside down plastic screw clips in the middle of the bumper with a flat head screw driver. Total of 8 you need to unscrew (6) and flick out (2).

5. Unplug your foglights.

6. Pull each side of the bumper from the under-guard area slowly and carefully until the hook tabs detach themselves from the car body. You need to un-tab it all the way to the grille side corner of the headlights.

7. You should have both sides of the bumper hanging hopelessly. Put a couple of yellow pages under the bumper to help it hang horizontally straight. Then carefully tug at the front bumper from the bottom middle. Make sure your handbrake is on, the car will move forward when your tugging at it.

8. If its stubborn, see if you can see the metal part of the body holding the front bumper tab inserts. Try and bend the metal bit slightly upwards with a flat head screw driver. This will allow the front bumper to slide out a lot easier without the need of applying force to it.

These can be located on the metal part of the body - one on each side of the corner of the headlights closest to the grille.

I've attached a more simple and easier to read version of the diagrams as well as the original PDF that was downloaded from TOCAU.

ZZE123 Front Bumper Components.pdf

ZZE123 Front Bumper Guide Removal.pdf

Screw clips = circled in red

Grille tabs = circled in green (Skip this step)