Headers .. Y pipe & Varex Mufflers ?

Nasser

I want to work on my car to increase horsepower soon, but I want some advice from people with expertise and experience .. Please

Can I use headers ( Gouky ) whit custom Y pipe 3 inch >> he tell me ( headers are 2.25" outlets and the combined exhaust should be made into a 3" exhaust ) ...

I want to use Varex Mufflers ... and Y pipe 3inch with this Headers Without problems and gain more horsepower ? Can i do that ?

The problem here is that it is hard to find people here who have done headers for their Aurion. As far as I recall, there is only a couple of people here who have done so, and have not yet disclosed full details of it.

It's not easy to advise whether your intended changes will actually result in an increase in power. That would have to be determined by a before and after dyno.

As for not causing any issues, this would come down to how good your exhaust shop is. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get it to work, but if it was to throw any error codes, your exhaust shop would have to be skilled enough to determine the cause and resolve it.

In my personal opinion, the 2GR-FE is a pretty touchy engine and may be difficult to get some serious gains from it without going FI. For the cost of it all though, I would predict the gains to be somewhere around 15HP the flywheel based on results obtained from the guy who made headers for his 2GR for the MR2 he was putting it in.

I think the main issue that needs to be worked on to get the most out of this engine is the ECU. If you can get a custom ECU or piggy-back, I'm pretty confident that you would be able to get some positive gains.

i ask somone he told meme if i buy a MoTeCm600 and take off the emissions tune i can prolly make a extra 40 hp. in the long run..

if u wana do alot of mods.. u need the motec

He told me ( the motecm600 is the best engine management system in the world as i know of. my friend uses his one to tune any motor in the world. u need the motec and u need someone that knows how to use it.. there are 2 add-ons for the motec which are needed for electronic throttle control. with this u can get 50hp more + borla cat-back 20hp + K&N air intake 20hp, thats 90 hp altogether which is more then what the factory supercharged aurion has )

I would give you $100 if you can get an extra 90HP out of the Aurion without going FI and for better value than buying a TRD.

LoL I do not need your money $ 100 you can give 100 hp thats best for me :P

I decided to buy headers but where is the best place to make exhaust Y pipe with headers ( Gouky )

No offence to anyone but an exhaust system on the aurion excluding rear mufflers/ y-pipe is just useless...

Aurions are very touchy.. And if u want serious gains, ur gonna have to do custom headers, manifolds, ecu blah blah and then a full exhaust system.

Dont forget... Aurions are family cars!!! Hahaha

Ive got rear mufflers on mine and a custom y-pipe and i tell u, the y-pipe doesnt give much of a gain at all...

"DJKOR

The problem here is that it is hard to find people here who have done headers for their Aurion. As far as I recall, there is only a couple of people here who have done so, and have not yet disclosed full details of it.

It's not easy to advise whether your intended changes will actually result in an increase in power. That would have to be determined by a before and after dyno.

As for not causing any issues, this would come down to how good your exhaust shop is. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get it to work, but if it was to throw any error codes, your exhaust shop would have to be skilled enough to determine the cause and resolve it.

In my personal opinion, the 2GR-FE is a pretty touchy engine and may be difficult to get some serious gains from it without going FI. For the cost of it all though, I would predict the gains to be somewhere around 15HP the flywheel based on results obtained from the guy who made headers for his 2GR for the MR2 he was putting it in.

I think the main issue that needs to be worked on to get the most out of this engine is the ECU. If you can get a custom ECU or piggy-back, I'm pretty confident that you would be able to get some positive gains. "

Speaking of engine ECU's has anybody else ever driven a Rav4 V6? i swear black and blue they go much harder down low then any Aurion I’ve ever driven? I don’t know if Toyota has mapped the ECU different for Rav's as their Awd on demand or what but yeah they seem to have a bit more down low urge. Looking at the Aurion’s dyno runs and they all seem to have a fairly big spike in torque and power at around 4000rpm ( yes i know max torque is made at 4400rpm) but the spike is bigger than any other jump in the rev range. Could it be that the torque is electronically controlled down low in the rev range so as not to over whelm the FWD layout?

Speaking of engine ECU's has anybody else ever driven a Rav4 V6? i swear black and blue they go much harder down low then any Aurion I’ve ever driven? I don’t know if Toyota has mapped the ECU different for Rav's as their Awd on demand or what but yeah they seem to have a bit more down low urge. Looking at the Aurion’s dyno runs and they all seem to have a fairly big spike in torque and power at around 4000rpm ( yes i know max torque is made at 4400rpm) but the spike is bigger than any other jump in the rev range. Could it be that the torque is electronically controlled down low in the rev range so as not to over whelm the FWD layout?

Off topic a bit. LOL. I read that entire post thinking that everything under "DJKOR" was directed at me. I was thinking that it was a bit odd, and I even had to scroll up to see what I said. I read that without realising that I said the first 5 paragraphs in your post.

Anyways, the extra torquey feel that you experienced from the RAV4 may possibly be due to it's different gear ratios. Compared with the Aurion, the RAV4 has the following ratios.

Aurion:

1st: 3.300:1

2nd: 1.900:1

3rd: 1.420:1

4th: 1.000:1

5th: 0.713:1

6th: 0.608:1

RAV4 (auto):

1st: 4.24:1

2nd: 2.36:1

3rd: 1.52:1

4th: 1.05:1

5th: 0.76:1

As you can see, the RAV4 has lower gear ratios when compared gear to gear (up to 5th anyways) to the Aurion. This lower gear ratio equates to higher torque which creates that feel that it is pulling harder.

Off topic a bit. LOL. I read that entire post thinking that everything under "DJKOR" was directed at me. I was thinking that it was a bit odd, and I even had to scroll up to see what I said. I read that without realising that I said the first 5 paragraphs in your post.

Anyways, the extra torquey feel that you experienced from the RAV4 may possibly be due to it's different gear ratios. Compared with the Aurion, the RAV4 has the following ratios.

Aurion:

1st: 3.300:1

2nd: 1.900:1

3rd: 1.420:1

4th: 1.000:1

5th: 0.713:1

6th: 0.608:1

RAV4 (auto):

1st: 4.24:1

2nd: 2.36:1

3rd: 1.52:1

4th: 1.05:1

5th: 0.76:1

As you can see, the RAV4 has lower gear ratios when compared gear to gear (up to 5th anyways) to the Aurion. This lower gear ratio equates to higher torque which creates that feel that it is pulling harder.

Lol yeah sorry haven’t quite worked out how to get the whole "quote box" thing happening properly

Ahhh yeah i can see how that works now. i had originally thought that maybe it was gearbox/diff related but then thought well the Aurion would have to have a closer set of ratios than the Rav4 so thought no more about that. but now that you’ve done the research i can see how it works, and why the Aurion has more "go" up further in the rev range, that coupled together with less weight and a gearbox that is a little bit slicker and smarter just makes the difference but damm the Rav4 does put a smile on your face. A car like that with that much power is a different thing all together to drive!