Dutchie's 09 ZRE Levin ZR

dutchie101

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking sexy mate! Question, are they less blue with the naked eye? And also, was it pretty much plug and play with the ZR headlights? :)

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

Cheers people, its slowly all coming together.

Yeah the headlight reflection is far less blue in real life, its more like a light aqua white blue. The parkers are a tad more blue (about 500k more), but i think i still have to colour correct the camera. Mind you, the 4,300k foggies are pretty much spot on. Weird, cause the shot taken from inside is pretty much colour correct. Maybe its my Sony a550. I still havent even read the manual yet, so i doubt im anywhere near getting good shots from it. <_<

The Garax globes are direct replacement for the Phillips D4S globes. Couldnt be more simple to install, seriously took 5 min to do both sides! They do 6000k, 8000k, 10,000k and 12000k. Each globe above 6000k drops intensity/output each time you jump up the kelvin scale. Very happy with the 6000k output, pitty i dont have my light meter anymore, need to chase that up.

Thanks Pete. I actually don't mind the stock 4300k HIDs. If I were to change them, most I would go is 6000k (which are similar to Accord Euro stock lows?). :)

Thanks Pete. I actually don't mind the stock 4300k HIDs. If I were to change them, most I would go is 6000k (which are similar to Accord Euro stock lows?). :)

Accord Euro's use 4300K globes. The extra colour you see is due to the projector's lens. You could probably do a clear lens swap, to get more colour. =P

But looking real clean there Pete! =P

Edited by Kenneth.

Yep they are +38et 18X8 as John said, you can probably get away with +35 on the front, and i would say +30 on the rear. Once the Pedders coil overs are installed next week i can see how much i need to space out the rear.. 5mm easy, 10mm, 15mm and a wad of camber would be great :spiteful: flush i recon, depending.. Found some ultra high quality 5mm Jap spacers with hub ring (made specifically for Auris), but they will be around 150 landed for the pair. I do have a pair of 5mm old school jap spacers here (no hub ring) so i can play with those to see how things sit.

Ray, thanks man, its a generic Chinese unit for the Auris, fits perfectly, plug and play, spot on colour match too. Great for the price. Get them here

Thomas (shin0bi) and Kevin (Kev0) both have x8 +35. :)

You're right, I think you can get away with +30 or +32 at the rears with x8's..or even x8.5's :whistling:

Accord Euro's use 4300K globes. The extra colour you see is due to the projector's lens. You could probably do a clear lens swap, to get more colour. =P

Thanks Kenneth! Didn't know that!! :D So the projector lens is just a slight different glass/colour? (Just curious)

Edited by dwee.

Thomas (shin0bi) and Kevin (Kev0) both have x8 +35. :)

You're right, I think you can get away with +30 or +32 at the rears with x8's..or even x8.5's :whistling:

Thanks Kenneth! Didn't know that!! :D So the projector lens is just a slight different glass/colour? (Just curious)

I'm getting away with+28 so +30 shouldnt be a problem

the lens would be clear not coloured. There are ways to increase the colour cutoff, a clear lens, space the cutoff shield further from the lens by bending (if flexible) or using spacers/washers. But quite invasive having to dismantle the headlight.

You would want to run a 195 or 205/35 to get enough stretch on an 8.5"

Just looked at the fronts and et38 is just in the guard (maybe a few mm), 8X et35 would be just flush to the guard, anything over that would be outside.

Pushing it, close to fine on the rear i would think, doable with stretch on the front i think, you would have to dial in around 3-4 degrees neg on the front to tuck them. Really depends on how low you plan to drop it too.

18 X 8 et38 vs 18 x 8.5 et38

offset2.jpg

offset calc here

I would suggest 18X8 et35 for the front and 18X8 et30 for the rear. All depends on what stance you want, i mean with enough neg and enough stretch, you can fit some crazy sizes in there. Cop bait or sensible good looks, Im over cop bait unless i found a cheap pair i could play with, but do like nice fitment.

Vihn, I recon you will be fine with the 8.5 et38. Im running 2' neg camber on the front so maybe a little more and you will be fine. Rears will be easy fit. 6mm on the front isnt too much to stress about,depending on tire choice. I would prob run a 215 up front.

Thank's dutchie, I'm wanting the WORK 11R's, bad thing is they don't have 18x8 only 8.5, and no +35 offset, only +30 or +38. If not I'd have to go to 17".

The 8" +35 is very similar to 8.5" +38. It will only be be 3mm more in the outer position - with 9mm less inner clearance. So I would run that for fronts and rears, and run 5mm spacers in the rear for a super flush rear!

While im at it, does anyone know the internal hub diameter of Works rims? Im not in a position to take them off till next week when the sus is done. Im assuming they are 73mm, as the jap spacers i have found (with hub ring) are 73mm and they state will not fit standard wheels.

600x509-2010061900001-50.jpg

Pushing it, close to fine on the rear i would think, doable with stretch on the front i think, you would have to dial in around 3-4 degrees neg on the front to tuck them. Really depends on how low you plan to drop it too.

18 X 8 et38 vs 18 x 8.5 et38

offset2.jpg

offset calc here

I would suggest 18X8 et35 for the front and 18X8 et30 for the rear. All depends on what stance you want, i mean with enough neg and enough stretch, you can fit some crazy sizes in there. Cop bait or sensible good looks, Im over cop bait unless i found a cheap pair i could play with, but do like nice fitment.

LOL cop bait... first thing first its a corolla :) so its ok :P

I wish, It would be good if that were true..but that dont stop bored cops that just wanna stop you to have a look, then slap that canary on

canary_border_fancy2.jpg

If i really believed that, trust me, i would have gone for some pretty hardcore offset :spiteful: