Power off - Window Grace/Timer?

kabammi

Hi all,

I'm new here, and have recently bought a 2008 Aurion Prodigy (black). A fantastic car, and am really happy with it. One bugbear is the windows.

It'd be really nice if I had about 30 seconds from the time of turning the car, to power the windows up.

Any tips, tricks, advice?

Is there any way to loop them into the cabin light circuit relay, as that has a good timing delay..

cheers,

Kieran

There is a delay after you turn the ignition off. But if any of the doors are opened after the ignition is turned off, all power is turned off, and there is no power to the windows.

I wonder what should be installed If I want an auto up window evrytime we turn off the engine, like the BMW feature..

You could hook it up to your factory alarm so when you arm/lock your car windows go up.

Hi all,

I'm new here, and have recently bought a 2008 Aurion Prodigy (black). A fantastic car, and am really happy with it. One bugbear is the windows.

It'd be really nice if I had about 30 seconds from the time of turning the car, to power the windows up.

Any tips, tricks, advice?

Is there any way to loop them into the cabin light circuit relay, as that has a good timing delay..

cheers,

Kieran

Not quite sure if it is the same but with our 2010 ZR6 but we have 45 seconds to close the windows as long as the doors remain in a closed position.As soon as we open the door power is cut to all accessories on at that particular time eg; Radio,lights, windows rear sunshade,

hope that helps you out kabammi

I wonder what should be installed If I want an auto up window evrytime we turn off the engine, like the BMW feature..

You could hook it up to your factory alarm so when you arm/lock your car windows go up.

So it'll close up when I pressed the locked button? How does it differentiate between opening it down and closing up?

What was said above about the 45 second delay is true, except on the pre-facelift though, it just keeps the light and windows active. The radio turns off immediately with the car.

As for the window closing on lock, you will need to add a module or make your own (with some electronic knowledge) because the moment you open a door after turning the car off, the power circuit to the windows is cut. The module will bypass this to allow the windows to wind up under it's control.

Does this mean I could just run the positive for the power window block, into the "accessory on" input of the radio and I should also get a delay between the car shutting off, and the radio shutting off?

It'd be a nice feature I reckon

Does this mean I could just run the positive for the power window block, into the "accessory on" input of the radio and I should also get a delay between the car shutting off, and the radio shutting off?

It'd be a nice feature I reckon

I don't see why not. Would seem pretty logical I would say. Just make sure you put a diode in series so that the power window circuit isn't activated when you turn the key to ACC only... unless that's what you want it to do.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Seems like I'm a ***** that constantly forgets, opens his door, realises and *then* tries to put his window up.

hmmmm.. it'd be really nice if it ticked on for 45 seconds regardless or door positioning.