DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

• 3 months later...

So... I haven't updated this in a while. That's pretty much because I haven't really been doing anything with my car apart from driving it. I guess I may as well add my next modification though which is due for fitting tomorrow morning:

di-1412962219251.jpg

That messy little box lets me turn my traction control on and off with the push of a button. Obviously it still needs some refining like some cable loom, a cover over the connector etc, but that will all happen when I fit it. It was more of a project just to prove that it would work, and it turned out to be less proving the theory and more of trying to design a solution that has minimal clutter. The design may be a little on the clunky side, but it is a more robust solution that I feel more trusting in.

About the only other new thing is this:

di-1312962220009.jpg

It's a GoPoint GL1. I guess the next step I have in mind is to somehow integrate it into the car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the magnificent skills or Ray89, I now have some more photos of my car. This is about as far as this car is going to go in terms of looks. Not too much to expect out of this thread unfortunately:

5485576176_14b8876027_b_d.jpg

5484976049_8a61909067_b_d.jpg

5484974225_9c1c418633_b_d.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to the magnificent skills or Ray89, I now have some more photos of my car. This is about as far as this car is going to go in terms of looks. Not too much to expect out of this thread unfortunately:

This is by far the best car pic I've ever seen yahoo.gifSimply stunning. If there was ever a need to advertise a TRD this pic shows it's true beauty :D

This is by far the best car pic I've ever seen <1st pic> Simply stunning. If there was ever a need to advertise a TRD this pic shows it's true beauty :D

Ray made a little joke as he was taking the photos and after seeing it in the photo, it actually works. The random strangers just there chilling, as well as the car joining in emphasises the "family car" part of it.

• Like 1

Good *****.

Don't see them promoting a car they don't make anymore though?

Taken it down the strip lately mate?

I might have your number with the next round of mods :D

I've already said it in the photography thread but I'll say it again - these photos are absolutely sublime :D My favourite is also the shot of the TRD facing forwards with the 'family' off to the site, the reflections and light just look fantastic.

I hope you're going to hang a copy of that somewhere! :D

This is by far the best car pic I've ever seen yahoo.gifSimply stunning. If there was ever a need to advertise a TRD this pic shows it's true beauty :D

So true! Very nice pictures man. Representing the Aurion drivers :toast:

p.s. Sooooooooooooo ****ing tempting to buy a silver TRD right about now :ph34r:

Edited by Silver-Aurion

hey daryl, where did you get your gopoint from???

and can i test something out with it on thursday night?

I got it straight from their website:

http://gopointtech.com/

Northy showed us his one Thursday at a meet. No long after that I purchased one there and then. Arrive the following Thursday morning.

You can test it out all you want tonight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doooo it! :spiteful::toast:

Regarding the traction control, just curious, is there a stock TC button for the Aurions or did you want something more permanent? (TC gets annoying sometimes) I remember a thread about one of the Aurion guys thinking about making a switch but I didn't read into detail.

Regarding the traction control, just curious, is there a stock TC button for the Aurions or did you want something more permanent? (TC gets annoying sometimes) I remember a thread about one of the Aurion guys thinking about making a switch but I didn't read into detail.

There is no switch available for it either stock or aftermarket. I built up a circuit that turns it off though. That said, I never really find the need to do so. It was more for proof of concept.

• Like 1